Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Dancing On Ice 2012

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    It's not like she chooses the prop or the choreography though. They gave her a routine and she performed it as well as she could, which was pretty good actually! Methinks they decided to give her a 'bad' week on purpose a) so more people phone in and b) so it looks like more of a competition and not just about her and Matthew.
    yes i agree, make her look not quite as good this week to even out the competition a bit!

If the celebs are to have more than one prop then it should be the same for all the celebs. It was unfair that Jennifer and Chico had a number of props and Jorgie only having one. Matthew didn't have as many. I think Jorgie should have went on sunday as she hasn't progressed as much as Jenifer or Chemmy has. Her and Matthew started the competition really good yet they've both failed to get a 10 and it's only one week from the final. Unless her and Matthew screw up big time they will battle it out for Bolero and Jen and Chico will go this week, the judges and ITV will see to it. It's a shame I would love to see Matt Evers win it again but Jorgie doesn't deserve to win.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

megan999 (17-03-2012)

Dancing on Ice stars Matthew Wolfenden and Jorgie Porter are to attempt the dangerous headbanger move this weekend, a source says.

The Emmerdale actor, who is dancing with Nina Ulanova, had already set his sights on the show's ultimate skating move earlier this month.

Meanwhile, Hollyoaks star Porter will also perform the stunt, despite having already successfully completed it with partner Matt Evers earlier this year.

"It's semi-final time and the pressure's on," a show insider told The Sun. "Everyone knows if you pull off the headbanger there is a strong chance the judges will reward you - and the public.

"The difference tomorrow is that with two couples doing it, the second one will be judged against the first."

Regarding Porter's chances of winning, the source added: "She's been doing really well but the nerves have been getting to her and making her stomach turn cartwheels. If she can just pull off the headbanger she will be in clover."

Wolfenden and Porter are the bookmakers' favourites to win the ITV competition, which ends next week.

Jennifer Ellison and Chico are the other contestants battling this weekend for a place in the grand final on March 25.

The Dancing on Ice semi-final airs between 7pm and 8.30pm on ITV1, with The Skate Off at 9.30pm.

Jennifer Ellison has left Dancing On Ice

Jennifer Ellison has become the latest celebrity to be voted out of Dancing on Ice.

The Brookside actress missed out on a place in next week's grand finale after landing in the bottom two when public votes and judges' scores were combined.

Following the skate-off, Louie Spence, Robin Cousins and Katarina Witt were all unanimous in saving fellow soap star Jorgie Porter.

Tearful upon hearing of her departure, the Liverpudlian told hosts Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley: "I've loved every single minute of it.

"I just want to thank everyone for giving me the opportunity. Good luck to the other guys - this is the best year ever. It's going to be a cracking final."

Matthew Wolfenden, Chico and Porter are left to compete in next week's final, performing their favourite routines.

After one act is eliminated, the final two will give their versions of Torvill and Dean's famous Bolero.

The Dancing on Ice final airs Sunday (March 25) from 6.50pm on ITV1.

Matthew Wolfenden is the bookmakers' favourite to triumph on this weekend's Dancing on Ice finale.

The Emmerdale star has been near the top of the judges' scores throughout the series and won immunity in yesterday's semi-final thanks to his performances on the ice.

Wolfenden is currently the 4/7 odds-on favourite to win the series, while former favourite Jorgie Porter has drifted to 2/1 after ending up in last night's skate-off.

X Factor star Chico, who replaced Chesney Hawkes on the show following an injury, is the outsider for the title. However, the singer's odds have been slashed considerably following his semi-final routines and punters can now get odds of 6/1 on him at Ladbrokes.

"We're confident Wolfenden will walk away as the Ice King. If he doesn't win it will be one of the biggest upsets in reality TV history," said a Ladbrokes rep.

"We can't write off Chico, though, he caused a huge upset by making the final and punters have latched on to the underdog."

The Dancing on Ice final takes place on Sunday, March 25 on ITV1.

I want Chico to win failing that, then Matthew W.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

I want Chico or Jorgie, I always find Matthew's performances really dull!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

MATTHEW Wolfenden hopes to rain supreme in this weekend's Dancing On Ice final.

The Emmerdale star will be skating to Singing In The Rain for his showcase routine.

Meanwhile, Jorgie Porter, below, has made sure she's putting her best foot forward and is skating to her favourite Fallin' by Alicia Keys.

And she will perform her final showcase to Fame, which she has styled herself.

Jorgie, Matthew and Chico are still in the competition – all the stars are rehearsing for THREE dances each.

The top two stars will perform the Bolero – after Torvill and Dean open the show with the number.

The Emmerdale actor won more votes from the viewing public ahead of Jorgie Porter after they both danced their own versions of Torvill and Dean's famous bolero routine.

Wolfenden had finished in second place on the judge's leaderboard earlier in the evening with 58.5 points to Porter's 59.

However, he was highly praised for his self-made showcase of Gene Kelly's 'Singin' in the Rain, which gained him the first perfect 30 score of the series. Porter herself later got 30 points for her repeated 'Fallin'' routine.

A beaming Wolfenden said to hosts Philip Schofield and Christine Bleakley: "It's going to take a few days to sink in, I can't believe it."

"The first time I stepped on the ice, I thought I was going to be a laughing stock."

When asked about his time on the series earlier in the show, he said: "This has been the best experience of my life, if I got asked to do it again, I don't know if I would, it's has been hardest thing I've ever done."

His dance partner Nina Ulanova added: "It's something you can't describe in a few words, it's been the best six months of your life."

Runner-up Porter joked: "I just thought I'd get to wear crystals every weekend and that it would be a breeze. It's been so emotional, you never expect anything like this."

Porter's partner Matt Evers said: "It's been incredible once again, we've laughed so much, you can't stop her. There's nothing she's not been able to do."

Both Wolfenden and Porter were highly congratulated throughout the evening, with both of their bolero's given top marks by the judges.

Of Wolfenden's bolero routine, Louie Spence said: "It was superb, and by putting your own choreography in as well, you made it your own, beautiful."

A teary-eyed Jane Torvill said to Jorgie Porter: "You certainly did us proud, it was so beautiful, you looked like a ballerina."

Chico was eliminated from the competition earlier in the evening, finishing in third place.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

megan999 (28-03-2012)

Thread Information