Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing On Ice 2012

Dancing On Ice 2012

Chesney Hawkes has been tipped to join next year's Dancing On Ice.

The 'One And Only' singer is "secretly in training" for the ITV contest's seventh series, according to The Sun.

The '90s favourite is expected to join the likes of former child star Corey Feldman, Sugababes singer Heidi Range and actress Jennifer Ellison in the forthcoming edition.

Hollyoaks star Jorgie Porter (Theresa McQueen), Coronation Street's Andy Whyment (Kirk Sutherland) and Laila Morse of EastEnders have also been linked to the show.

Keith Chegwin was reportedly forced to pull out of Dancing On Ice after injuring himself in training.

Speaking to Digital Spy last week, former WAG Lizzie Cundy denied speculation that she has agreed to a Dancing On Ice appearance

Christine Bleakley has replaced Holly Willoughby on Dancing on Ice, it has been announced.

The Daybreak star, who defected to ITV last year, will co-host the 2012 series alongside Phillip Schofield.

Bleakley said in a statement: "I've always been a total Dancing on Ice addict so it really is hard to sum up how excited I am to be joining the team.

"My only concern was what a big task it is to follow the brilliant Holly and I can only promise her, Phillip and everyone at home that they couldn't have a bigger fan of the show on board."

Schofield, who works with Willoughby on This Morning, commented: "I'm absolutely delighted that Christine is on board and I'm really excited about the new series."

Willoughby tweeted: "Good luck to Christine Bleakley on this year's Dancing on Ice. It's a truly magical show and you will love it. I'll miss you all very much!"

She quickly added: "No.... I'm not pregnant!"

There has been speculation that Willoughby's departure coincides with a new presenting role on BBC One's upcoming talent show The Voice, but nothing has been confirmed.

Dancing on Ice is expected to return for its seventh series in January.

Reports suggest Jason Gardiner and Emma Bunton may be getting the skating boot, right out of the judging panel.

The Dancing On Ice pair have not yet been given contracts to sign for the next season.

The Sun reports "Producers want to refresh things and Jason and Emma look the most vulnerable".

"The show has been running for several years and like all ITV shows they are overhauled occasionally to keep viewers interested."

Gardiner, who has taken up the role of villain on the panel, joined the show in 2006. He has come to blows both inside and outside the show, with viewers complaining about one particular outburst directed to Karen Barber last season.

'Baby Spice' Emma Bunton joined the panel in December 2009, replacing Ruthie Henshall. Rumours suggest that Louie Spence has been in talks with show bosses to join the panel. Spence is a friend of both judges and star of docu-series Pineapple Dance Studios.

The judging lineup for the upcoming series of Dancing on Ice has been announced.

Louie Spence, Karen Barber, Katarina Witt and Robin Cousins will make up the panel for the ITV skating show's next run, which begins in January.

The news follows Friday's confirmation that former judges Jason Gardiner and Emma Bunton have left the series.

Choreographer Spence has worked with Kylie Minogue, Robbie Williams and Mariah Carey, and is best known for appearing on Sky1's Pineapple Dance Studios and Show Business.

He said: "I'm looking forward to being part of such a challenging and spectacular show and can't wait to give my encouragement and critique on the contestants' dance and performance on the ice."

Figure skating champion Witt won gold medals at the Sarajevo 1984 and Calgary 1988 Olympic Games, and holds the record for most consecutive European titles alongside Sonja Henie.

"I can't wait to join the Dancing on Ice judging panel," Witt added. "As well as offering support and constructive advice to this year's celebrity skaters I'm also looking forward to working alongside my close friends Torvill and Dean."

ITV Controller of Entertainment Layla Smith said: "We are thrilled to welcome Louie and Katarina to the new Dancing on Ice panel. The pair have a wealth of experience which they will be bringing to the new series. Their unique flare and passion for their professions will doubtless make for some interesting debates.

"We'd like to thank Emma Bunton and Jason Gardiner for their valued contribution during previous series and wish them both all the best with their future projects."

Barber rejoins the judging panel after serving as the celebrities' mentor on the last series of the show, while head judge Cousins retains his position in the lineup, which he has held since the programme began.

Christine Bleakley recently replaced Holly Willoughby as next year's host alongside Phillip Schofield.

Dancing on Ice returns to ITV1 in the New Year.

Kinda sorry to see Jason go, but thank god the pointless Emma Bunton has gone!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

I read that Karen Barber is not a judge, she's doing the same as last year.

Really looking forward to this! Starts on the 8th. January.

Louie Spence should be fun to watch

When do you think we will know who the celebs are, although I'm not really fussed it's like Strictly I watch it more for the professionals skaters rather than the celebs.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    When do you think we will know who the celebs are, although I'm not really fussed it's like Strictly I watch it more for the professionals skaters rather than the celebs.
    I think it's announced tomorrow. I just watch for the skating too. The professionals are brilliant! Love their routines on the tour.

Thread Information