Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer)

Cool Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer)

Neighbours' Kate Ramsay has more turbulent times ahead in the coming months as her personal life takes some dramatic new twists.

In the UK, viewers will soon see an emotional Kate share a shock kiss with student Noah Parkin (Orpheus Pledger) after finally discovering that her ex-boyfriend Brennan is dead.

Kate's mistake is expected to lead into a big new storyline as she loses her job and friends. Deciding to spend time away from Erinsborough, Kate heads to Far North Queensland - where she meets new love interest Dominic Emmerson, played by former Home and Away actor Lincoln Lewis.

Having just finished filming the special episodes in Port Douglas, Ashleigh Brewer - who plays Kate - recently caught up with Digital Spy for a quick chat about what's to come.

What has Orpheus been like to work with on the Kate and Noah storyline?
    "He has been great. I thought he held the character really well and it looks fantastic on screen. I really enjoyed working with him."

What can you tell us about filming the special Queensland episodes?
    "It was really different being on location in another state and Port Douglas is just gorgeous. I had a fantastic time and I think it's a great story. I really enjoyed seeing Kate let her guard down."

Had you met Lincoln Lewis before working with him on the Queensland story?
    "Yes, I've known him since I was 12, we worked on a kids' show called The Sleepover Club. It was nice to work with him again."

Does Kate strike up a romance with Lincoln's character Dominic, or is it more of a friendship?
    "Oh, it's definitely a romance!"

What were the scripts like for the Queensland episodes?
    "They were really well-written, which you can always tell when it comes out easily, flows like a conversation and you're not thinking 'Okay, the next line is…' I loved the story because you have what is happening with Kate and Dominic, and then there is Paul trying to drag her back to the life she wants to escape from."

© Channel 5

Pictured: Ashleigh and Lincoln filming together on-location.

We've heard that Kate is going to find herself quite isolated from her family and friends in the upcoming story. How easy will it be to get her life back on track?
    "It won't! She is really lost at the moment and I'm not sure where she is heading in that sense, but I think it will take some time for her to find herself again, that's if she wants to."

We saw Scott McGregor bow out from the role of Brennan earlier this year. Are you still in touch with him?
    "Yes, he is in Melbourne and a close friend of mine, and also with a lot of the cast, so we all see each other socially which is nice. He is doing well and heading overseas again shortly."

Some fans are holding out hope that Brennan's death is just a con as part of the witness protection scheme. Would you perhaps like Scott to return at some point in another shock twist?
    "Apart from hearing every day from fans via Twitter it could potentially be a scam, I think it would be a great little twist even if he is back for a guest role, but I wonder if that would be too predictable? I do know there are no plans to bring Brennan back in the near future but I guess you never know."

On a separate note, what do you think of Sophie's dramatic new look which was recently unveiled?
    "I think it is great, so different from Kaiya and I'm sure it works for her as an actor to bring on the new-found attitude that Sophie has adopted."

What else can you tell us about what's coming up for Kate?
    "She is lost and trying to find herself, and it's not going to be an easy path for her, lots more ups and downs to come, and the people around her may have to adjust to the new Kate. And she has new hair!"
    Last edited by alan45; 02-11-2011 at 01:54.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-11-2011)

Neighbours star Ashleigh Brewer has revealed that her character Kate Ramsay will be "torn" and "confused" when ex-boyfriend Mark Brennan makes his shock return to Erinsborough.

Kate is dating new neighbour Mason Turner (Taylor Glockner) when Brennan arrives back later this year.

Brennan (Scott McGregor) was thought to have died in witness protection in 2011, so his unexpected reappearance will turn Kate's whole world upside down.

Brewer told Digital Spy of the upcoming storyline: "I think it was great to bring Mark back. There are so many unanswered questions - not only for Kate but also for the viewers. We all became good friends with Scott when he was here last, so it was great to have him back, although it was too short.

"Kate is in absolute shock when Mark returns - it really rocks her. She has worked very hard to move on and now things are just starting to work with Mason, so it's a very confusing time. She's torn.

"The feelings are definitely still there between Kate and Mark but lots has changed, so who knows what will happen?"

Scott McGregor has already filmed his return scenes as Mark and will be back on screen for a month.

Asked whether the actor is likely to return permanently in the future, Brewer replied: "I can't really answer that, but he certainly has a lot on the go at the moment. Now we have established he is alive, there is no stopping him making a return visit, and that happens a lot on Neighbours."

On the current Kate and Mason pairing, she continued: "Kate is certainly attracted to Mason's cavalier attitude which is quite different from her, so he is intriguing. I think she is enjoying the attention and let's face it, she hasn't had a lot of luck on the love front lately! I think they have potential as a couple."

Brewer also teased another big storyline on the horizon for Kate, hinting that things will be getting even more complicated for her.

She said: "This [story] also involves her love life and the repercussions of a 'moment' she has with someone and how this impacts on other people."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Neighbours star Ashleigh Brewer has revealed that her character Kate Ramsay will be "torn" and "confused" when ex-boyfriend Mark Brennan makes his shock return to Erinsborough.

Kate is dating new neighbour Mason Turner (Taylor Glockner) when Brennan arrives back later this year.

Brennan (Scott McGregor) was thought to have died in witness protection in 2011, so his unexpected reappearance will turn Kate's whole world upside down.

Brewer told Digital Spy of the upcoming storyline: "I think it was great to bring Mark back. There are so many unanswered questions - not only for Kate but also for the viewers. We all became good friends with Scott when he was here last, so it was great to have him back, although it was too short.

"Kate is in absolute shock when Mark returns - it really rocks her. She has worked very hard to move on and now things are just starting to work with Mason, so it's a very confusing time. She's torn.

"The feelings are definitely still there between Kate and Mark but lots has changed, so who knows what will happen?"

Scott McGregor has already filmed his return scenes as Mark and will be back on screen for a month.

Asked whether the actor is likely to return permanently in the future, Brewer replied: "I can't really answer that, but he certainly has a lot on the go at the moment. Now we have established he is alive, there is no stopping him making a return visit, and that happens a lot on Neighbours."

On the current Kate and Mason pairing, she continued: "Kate is certainly attracted to Mason's cavalier attitude which is quite different from her, so he is intriguing. I think she is enjoying the attention and let's face it, she hasn't had a lot of luck on the love front lately! I think they have potential as a couple."

Brewer also teased another big storyline on the horizon for Kate, hinting that things will be getting even more complicated for her.

She said: "This [story] also involves her love life and the repercussions of a 'moment' she has with someone and how this impacts on other people."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Ashleigh Brewer has admitted that she had doubts about Kate Ramsay's latest romance storyline.

The actress's character is currently growing closer to Erinsborough newcomer Mason Turner, played by Taylor Glockner. However, Brewer was unsure about Kate's decision to get involved with a younger guy.

She told PA: "When I was first told about that storyline I was a little hesitant, because it's the younger boy thing and she's been through that with Noah, that kid at school.

"I'd say to Kate, 'Don't'. Which was what I tried to say to the producers. But it's different, he's very cheeky and it takes its time… He's really fun and opposites attract there and she just dives in."

Brewer added that she thinks Kate is best-suited to her ex-boyfriend Mark Brennan, but knows a long-term future for them isn't possible unless she leaves the soap.

Scott McGregor, who played Brennan, filmed a guest stint earlier this year but is now thought to be busy with other commitments again.

Brewer said: "Mark Brennan is great for Kate and I still wish they ended up together, but if they did, they'd have to stay together and then that's the end of Kate!"

Neighbours will air Mark's return scenes in a few weeks' time

Neighbours actress Ashleigh Brewer is to leave her role as Kate Ramsay.

The 22-year-old announced the news in Australian magazine TV Week.

Show bosses also verified the story on Neighbours' official Twitter page.

Brewer is thought to be bowing out to pursue other acting projects. Details of the timing and storyline for her exit will be revealed in due course.

Fans already know that there are dramatic times ahead for Kate as her one-night stand with Kyle Canning is exposed and her on-off boyfriend Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor) makes another return to Ramsay Street.

Brewer joined Ramsay Street in May 2009, alongside on-screen siblings Harry (Will Moore) and Sophie (Kaiya Jones).

The casting marked a return for the Ramsays, who had been absent from Neighbours for over a decade.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (10-03-2014), tammyy2j (11-11-2013)

She might get a nice happy ending exit with Mark as he is returning

I am hoping that too .... but won't hold my breath lol

i cant wait for her to leave she has become very unlikable and annoying

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Louisa Marshall (06-02-2014)

I completely agree! She has become so annoying. Plus I am sick to death of her wardrobe- can she not wear anything other than brightly-coloured shift dresses?!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Louisa Marshall For This Useful Post:

lizann (10-03-2014)

Thread Information