Thread: Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A few things about this storyline don't add up. The guy who plays Brennan said in an interview on This Morning that Kate's exit would be "up there with the best TV there is", an opinion few people appear to share if the hype on Facebook is anything to go by. Shot, pronounced dead and then funeral over in an episode is hardly a spectacular exit.

Frankly I think it was a rushed, mediocre and hopelessly derivative stock plot. It's been done before even on Neighbours more than once. As for being the "best TV" well I Have to say Eastenders (though I've not watched it for years) has done better many times - Martine McCutcheon's departure was more dramatic and half the country was in mourning. As soap plots go the Jordache patio plot in Brookside was legendary in comparison.

Quite a few inconsistencies though - if you look at the quick scene where the stretcher with the sheet over is brought into the hospital it appears there is no body in it. Nor was there any blood on Kate's dress but you'd expect a lot of bleeding to die 5 minutes after being shot. Brennan was a trained cop so he would know not to move someone who was just shot and the paramedics would have tried a defibrilator. When Karl sees Brennan in the hospital he just looks at him sympathetically and walks through the door, surely he would have gone up and spoken to him. What about the headstone planted and the grave grown over so quickly.

Also Kyle sees a car that looks like Montague's drive past his yard just after Kate walks away. Surely he would have phoned Matt and Brennan right away, police would be crawling all over the place and Brennan would have been more on edge after the threatening text he received.

So what I think is going to happen now - Brennan is going to go after Montague, catch up with him and in a rage end up killing him and his leaving the show will be to prison on a murder conviction. Also it will transpire that Montague was somewhere else and it was in fact Brennan's psycho ex who shot Kate (so we'll have two murder trials - again straight out of the stock plot filing cabinet). Remember what she said about not being afraid of heights when she confronted Kate in the penthouse.

I don't think it can be a dream as some are suggesting because whoever is dreaming would have to know Doug and know about Cody (so I think that means only Paul or Lou).

It can't be a witness protection/faked death setup to draw Montague out either because Brennan, Kate, the paramedics and of course the mystery shooter would all have to be in on it.

So either the writers and producers couldn't be arsed with this and wanted to do it quickly and go home one Friday or they have a really clever twist up their sleeve. Experience would suggest the former.
    Last edited by SitComFan; 11-04-2014 at 23:48.

Thread Information