Thread: Celebrity Chase

Celebrity Chase

Teatime quizshow The Chase will move to Saturday nights this autumn for a celebrity series.

Hosted by Bradley Walsh, the special run's first episodes will feature Strictly Come Dancing star Ann Widdecombe, presenter Eamonn Holmes and Coronation Street actress Michelle Collins.

Carol Vorderman, Blur's Alex James, Cold Feet actor John Thomson, Jenny Frost, Austin Healey and Sara Cox are also part of the early lineup.

Shaun Williamson, Ulrika Jonsson, Joe Pasquale, Janet Street-Porter and Nick Hancock will join the programme later on in the six-part series.

Barry McGuigan, Sally Lindsay, Jennie Bond, Paul Ross, Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, Phil Tufnell, Mark Durden Smith and Jenny Éclair will also appear.

They will face general knowledge genius The Chaser in a race to win £1,000 for their chosen charities.

Celebrity Chase will begin on Saturday, October 29 at 6pm on ITV1.

I love watching the Chase however the Celebrity version leaves me in despair about the level of general knowledge of the celebrities .. Rhea Bailey (Caz Hammond in Corrie) guessed that a dart is being held by the shaft and not the flyer ....:O

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (17-07-2017), Splashy (16-07-2017)

Another Celebrity Chase ... Jade Jones (taekwondo athlete) got asked which fish has most omega 3 oils: Salmon, Cod, Halibut ... She opted for Cod (maybe thinking of cod liver oil ?) The Chaser, the dark destroyer opted for Halibut ... no way would he had done that in a normal edition ... I appreciate that not all celebrities are able to keep up to date with current affairs and general knowledge but I do expect the Chasers not opt for the wrong answer on those simple questions... even if it is for charity .. they should get better celebrities to do these shows
    Last edited by Perdita; 23-07-2017 at 20:11.

Paul Sinha reveals he will quit The Chase if Parkinson's disease deteriorates quiz skills

Paul Sinha has revealed he will quit The Chase if he feels his Parkinson's disease is becoming an obstacle when answering questions.

The 49-year-old confirmed his diagnosis earlier this year just months after announcing his engagement, and during today's (Monday, October 14) Lorraine "The Sinnerman" admitted the blow came as a "massive shock".

"But I knew things were going on with my body," he told the host.

Regardless, Paul was recently crowned British Quiz Champion, which he described as his "Everest". However, should the day come when he feels like he's not 100 percent when batting off Bradley Walsh's questions, he'll pull out of the ITV series.

"Hand on heart if I feel like I'm not answering questions like I used to, I will quit," he said.

Paul also confirmed he's about to tie the knot with the love of his life this Christmas, revealing the date of his wedding.

"I was single for 23 years!" he gasped. "I didn't see this one coming at all. I proposed to my boyfriend Oliver, he said yes. We're getting married on December 14."

"This is important," he continued. "I was told by a friend of mine who has Parkinson's, and this is the thing when you get diagnosed people come out of the wood work to support you, 'Do the things in your life, put them in the diary, things to excite you and I can't think of anything more exciting than getting married.'"

Thread Information