Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan Macey

Emmerdale star Gaynor Faye has teased huge trouble for Jai Sharma as her character Megan Macey plots revenge on him for betraying her once again.

Tonight's episode of the soap will see a heartbroken Megan vow revenge on Jay after Rachel Breckle tips her off about her findings on the 'teddycam'.

Megan forgave Jai for his affair with her business partner Leyla Harding last year, but Faye has promised that she will not be as accommodating this time.

Speaking on Good Morning Britain today (July 3), Faye said: "She was very vulnerable last year. I kept thinking, 'Why is she letting him get away with it?' But she had lost her son, her brother had gone AWOLl, she had lost her home and Jai was her only consistency.

"She's stuck by him through a lot of things that he's done. He has done some nasty things - locking people in containers and stuff - and she's stood by him.

"When she realises he's done this again to her, and with her business partner, he's not getting through this. She is going to get him back big time. I don't think he will get through it. She has been scorned twice and publicly."

Faye also admitted that she is pleased to be playing a feistier side to Megan again, following a tough time for her alter ego last year.

She said: "You would never mess with the old Megan Macey, but then she had a bit of a vulnerable spot and now she is back.

"I am pleased she has got her mojo back and she is back to the Machiavellian Megan that she once was. It was great to play all the stuff last year but it is nice to have that fire back in her bones."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-07-2015)

Megan Sharma struggles to stay on track with her plans for revenge against her husband Jai next week.

Megan is shaken when Jai's latest scheme has the potential to destroy Rachel Breckle's custody chances for good, but can she manage to sneakily turn the tables on the ruthless businessman?

Here, Gaynor Faye - who plays Megan - assesses her character's chances of winning the war with Jai.

How is Megan feeling now that she knows Jai has been cheating on her with Leyla again?
    "Megan's discovery has totally taken the rug from under her feet. She had absolutely no idea what was going on and she really was in love with Jai before this. Archie came as part of the package as well, so she thought she had a ready-made family.

"Afterwards Megan initially thought she should run for the hills, but she knew she would lose Archie, her home and her financial security. She always thinks things through before she does them, so at the moment she's keeping her cards very close to her chest even though it's breaking her heart.

"Now Megan is biding her time and pretending that she still trusts Jai because there's a bigger plan and a bigger picture."

Is Megan finding it difficult to hide her true emotions?
    "She is, because she's disgusted by the fact that Jai has been cheating on her under her nose. Megan thinks that Jai and Leyla may have been sleeping together in her bed, or certainly in her office. It's all very seedy so Megan is repulsed by them both.

"Megan has to pretend that nothing is wrong, but she finds it disgusting that she actually has to sleep in the same bed as Jai. Despite that, she'll do anything to get him back. The fact that she knows she's got the big trump card to play is what's keeping her going."

Is it easy for Megan to get along with Rachel?
    "I think that Megan has always had a soft spot for Rachel. Megan was a mother to Robbie and obviously Rachel is Archie's mum, so there's a bond there. You always saw that, up until the point where Megan realised that she had to play ball with Jai if she wanted to stay with him and Archie. There was a bit of animosity between her and Rachel after that, but never to the extent that Jai took it.

"Megan wouldn't be going out for a drink with Rachel anytime soon, but she definitely has empathy for her. They have a bond due to the circumstances they're in but that's probably as far as it goes."

Jai comes up with another plan against Rachel next week, which shocks both her and Megan... Has he started to keep Megan in the dark deliberately?
    "I don't think Jai knows what's going on between Megan and Rachel yet, but he is certainly doing things and not telling Megan. He wants to keep things very close to his chest until they've actually happened. He confesses things to Megan, but only after the event so that she can't do anything about it!

"We're not playing it so that Jai knows Megan is on Rachel's side, but I think Jai believes that nothing can go wrong if he's the one in control of everything.

"That's the worst thing for Megan now, because she has been trying to help Rachel by filling her in on little things that Jai is planning. So far it's worked and Jai has been really flummoxed by the fact that Rachel is suddenly one step ahead of him.

"But in next week's episodes, the rug is pulled from under both their feet because Jai does something that is horrific. It could crucify Rachel and take Archie away from her."

How does Megan react to Jai's latest bad behaviour?
    "Well, Jai lets something slip to Megan about his past and Megan's ears prick up when she hears about this! She knows she can play Jai at his own game, so she plants something on him which could put him in prison for a long time. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan!"

Megan is dead set on getting even with Jai, but how is she feeling about Leyla?
    "Women often blame 'the other woman' more than the man when there's an affair, which is always very strange. In this situation, Jai is Megan's main focus. Leyla is just a bit of a bother. Megan can't believe that Leyla has betrayed her again, but she's more unbelieving about the fact that Jai has done it to her again after how loyal she's been to him.

"Although Leyla is her business partner, she's a bit of a flaky character in Megan's eyes. She never 100% trusted her, but she never thought that Jai would go there again. I also think that Megan never really realised the extent of the affair. She didn't really realise that there were feelings involved."

Have you enjoyed being part of all the twists and turns?
    "I've absolutely loved it. Before this, you saw a much weaker Megan - but rightly so. She lost Robbie, she lost Declan and she lost Home Farm, so she lost her mojo and she became somebody who could be walked over. There's no way that the Megan who first came into the show would have ever put up with Jai's first affair! At first I was surprised that Megan took him back, but I could see why because she was very vulnerable.

"Now Megan is much stronger. It's a year on since losing Robbie and she has got her mojo back. It's much more favourable to play - I'm not very good at playing weak and mild, to be honest! I've never really played that type of character before, but I understood it. It's great now to get the fire back with Megan."

Will Jai wish he'd never crossed Megan as this story continues?
    "Well, Jai is a damaged character at the moment. Whatever anyone throws at him doesn't seem to affect him. I would hope that he'd be affected, but he's become very dark and he's locking people up left, right and centre. God knows what will happen to Megan as he's very vindictive and malicious!

"It would be great if Jai is knocked by what Megan does, but who knows?"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

alan45 (04-08-2015), KiwiElle (14-07-2015), lizann (15-07-2015), maidmarian (14-07-2015)

Megan Sharma's plans for revenge come to a head in Emmerdale next week as she secretly plants drugs on her cheating husband Jai.

The businesswoman's cunning scheme leads to the police calling on Jai, but there's another big twist to the tale when she realises that she might be pregnant with the love rat's child. What does this mean for the couple's future?

Here, Gaynor Faye - who plays Megan - shares some teasers on what to expect as her plans for payback are disrupted in more ways than one.

A few weeks have passed since Megan discovered Jai's affair with Leyla. How is she feeling now?
    "Megan's idea of how to deal with Jai is fully-formed in her head and she's still hell-bent on getting revenge against him. He has totally humiliated her with his affair and she's not standing for it! Megan says that nobody messes with her and gets away with it, so she's definitely going to stick by that."

How are things with Rachel?
    "Megan teamed up with Rachel because she knew that two people against one would be better odds. The only problem now is that Jai has started to withhold information from Megan, so it's harder for her to work with Rachel and let her know what's going on. That means that she has to move fast and get Jai bang to rights as soon as possible!

"Megan actually doesn't include Rachel in her final decisions because she doesn't want to implicate anyone other than Jai. The fewer people who know the plan, the better. Megan's plan could send Jai to prison and she knows that anyone else who is implicated could end up in the firing line too."

Megan's plan is quite a drastic one. Is she scared about what she's taking on?
    "I think it's another world to her. She's never been around dealers or drugs before, so she's very nervous about it and I don't think she's thought it through properly.

"Sometimes when you're out of your comfort zone, you can mess up - that could definitely happen here because Jai knows more about this world than Megan does. We know that he's been involved in drugs before."

Megan has placed an order of drugs, which she intends to plant on Jai. Does she really want to see him behind bars?
    "I think it's all gone too far, really! Jai has certainly gone too far with what he's done and Megan has realised that he will do anything to get Archie. She's also heard him on tape saying that he doesn't really like her and he's going to leave her as soon as he gets custody of his son.

"Megan doesn't want to be with Jai anymore, but she does hope to stay in the village so she wants him out of the picture. She'd also like to end up running Jai's business, so putting him in prison would be the best option!"

But then Megan realises she might be pregnant...
    "Yeah, it's a real curveball that gets thrown into the situation! Megan already knows what Jai will do to keep a baby, so this is a very nerve-wracking moment for her. She also would like nothing more than to have a baby herself, considering that she's lost a son and she has no family left.

"For Megan it's real mixed feelings when she gets the pregnancy test. It's going to be tragic either way. Even if she is pregnant and has the baby, she'll always be beholden to Jai because she knows the extent he'll go to in order to get custody. On the other hand, if Megan isn't pregnant, she doesn't have any cards to play if it all comes crumbling down."

Would Megan use the possibility of a baby to her advantage in her war with Jai?
    "I think that would definitely be a card up her sleeve. I don't think she would intentionally want to use a child's life to help herself, but if needs must, she would probably sink that low.

"Jai does cotton on to Megan's scheming by accident. The dealer gets in touch with Jai, which Megan didn't realise could happen. The police come calling for Jai before he can do anything, but if Megan gets implicated in the drugs situation herself, that could be the one thing she relies on to stay out of prison..."

Megan hasn't confronted Leyla yet, but we've heard that changes next week...
    "Yes, the whole scenario with Rachel, Archie, Leyla and 'teddygate' comes to a head! Megan hasn't tackled Leyla yet because it's all been directed at Jai. However, Leyla has been disloyal to her too, so she gets it both barrels from Megan.

"Megan has some leverage over Jai at this point, so she makes sure that he publicly dumps Leyla. Megan enjoys every minute of it, even up to the point where it's quite uncomfortable to see. I don't think Megan ever realised the true emotion that Leyla felt towards Jai - she just thought their relationship was a fling. It's quite moving but obviously Megan's too hurt in herself to feel sorry for Leyla.

"This results in two women who are both scorned having a heated debate, which ends in not-very-nice circumstances..."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (05-08-2015), maidmarian (04-08-2015)

Emmerdale interview: Megan and Leyla gang up on Jai

What do you make of Jai’s behaviour? It’s been deplorable! He’s turned into a very desperate father, but in the worst possible way. He’s so fearful of Archie being taken away from him again that he has become manipulative, divisive and the gloves are off. There’s nothing he wouldn’t do to stop Archie being taken again and it plays out in the most awful way. It goes beyond anyone’s perception of what’s normal behaviour when you are trying to defend your territory.

How about the way he’s treated by Megan and Leyla? He’s got two things going on in his life, an unhappy marriage and a desperation to keep hold of his son. In this unhappy marriage he’s turned to Leyla who he’s always had a thing with. Leyla’s been a fool to be pulled along with it, Jai wants his cake and he wants to be able to eat it. He does love Leyla, we will see that play out. It will be heartbreaking for both of them. As for him and Megan, well they are enemies now. She’s tried to get him sent to prison so there’s no love lost there. When she reveals she’s pregnant he says that he will look after them and they will have to come to an arrangement. Megan decides a financial settlement isn’t good enough for her, she wants revenge, she wants to see pain and suffering. She wants to see Leyla and Jai hurt. She makes him dump Leyla in front of her and that’s what Jai does in order to get Megan to the court so that he can gain custody of Archie.

How does he feel about Megan being pregnant?He’s very paternal and if he didn’t have that side to him then he would have just written Megan off. There’s still doubt that she’s even pregnant, even though she shows him the pregnancy test. Eventually he accepts that she probably is but knowing the depths these characters have sunk to in order to outdo each other, a faked pregnancy wouldn’t be out of the question.

Why is Megan so important in his custody case? It’s vital that he can prove that he’s got a stable and loving environment for Archie. It’s harder for a father to win custody of a child so having a united front with Megan is integral. That’s the reason he’s stayed with her, he would have binned her off a long time ago if that wasn’t the case.

How does he feel when she doesn’t turn up at court? He’s anxious. Jai knows his story is going to stack up better than Rachel’s, he’s got a better lawyer, he doesn’t have a charge of drug dealing hanging over his head and he does have a wife as far as the court is concerned. He tries to play it to his own advantage so he tells the court that Megan’s pregnant. He says she’s got morning sickness which is why she’s running late but that Archie is going to have a sibling, which reinforces his case about how he can provide stability.

So what happens next?Well, when she does turn up, she turns up with his mistress! They burst through the doors as Jai’s giving his evidence. I don’t want to say too much but for Jai to see Leyla by Megan’s side is very worrying indeed.

Rishi finds out what Jai has been up to and is furious, how does Jai react to that?They haven’t seen eye to eye, it’s been a very stretched relationship. Jai doesn’t have any friends left, he only has his the sympathy of his family who feel obliged to look after him.

Megan starts having pains, how would Jai feel if she lost the baby? Jai would be devastated by a miscarriage, absolutely.

Can you ever see a time where he might redeem himself? It’s hard to see how he will change if he doesn’t get what he wants. As long as Archie is away he won’t stop taking that out on other people. Underneath he’s a nice character, he’s just been damaged by this story. His weak spot has been exposed. Archie has driven the whole story from when he was conceived. Can he become a nice person again, yes he probably can, but it doesn’t look like it’s something that would be easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Emmerdale interview: Megan and Leyla gang up on Jai
    Haha! Good on Megan, you go, girl!

I wrote about her yesterday afternoon in a chat to mariba in the Emmerdale Spoilers 24th-28th August thread but about this week (10th-14th) and it all looks like it's going to happen as I'd like.

Telly Watcher:
    >
    Rachel leaves the village on Wednesday 26th, I wish Jai would go soon too! Megan has been one of my favourite characters for ages, she's been the only one that I couldn't say a bad word about, but this week she's been drug dealing and shown as very naive in the way she's trying to beat Jai at his own game, which he's been playing and refining for a long time. Good luck to Megan for getting rid of Jai sometime. I can't understand Leyla, she knows Jai is unfaithful to Megan and others before and he's a rat but she still sees herself with him in a nice house and a cosy future, love is blind they say! Maybe Megan manages to make Jai's factory go bust somehow, if so this will really stir things up.
    >

I had a real laugh last night when I watched the Friday Emmerdale episode. How Leyla got 'dumped' by Jai in front of Megan just for appease Megan and get his way and get her to show up at court. He's a desperate man for sure when his kids are involved. I hope Leyla doesn't go back to him one day when he pleads that he only said what he said last night to her because it was just to get Megan to court. I think Jai's gone way too far this time. Just find a better man, Leyla, quick!

I hope Megan does get Jai out of the factory partnership and that Rachel gets to keep Archie when she leaves Emmerdale.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-08-2015), Perdita (15-08-2015)

I like Leyla, and don't like the way she's treated here like the guilty party. She's not married, Jai is. It's all his fault. Stupid man. They could have easily sorted this by killing him off, wouldn't miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    I like Leyla, and don't like the way she's treated here like the guilty party. She's not married, Jai is. It's all his fault. Stupid man. They could have easily sorted this by killing him off, wouldn't miss him.
    Leyla as Megan's friend and business partner twice went after Jai knowing he was married to Megan so yes she is at fault too but more Jai

I cant see why Megan would stay around there now she is still pregnant so if she don't want Jai anywhere near the baby better she moves away

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (24-09-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I cant see why Megan would stay around there now she is still pregnant so if she don't want Jai anywhere near the baby better she moves away
    Emmerdale: Megan Sharma plans to leave the village

Published Thursday, 24th September 2015, 00:00am
    By SoapSquawk

Megan Sharma turns to Sam Dingle for help as she plans to leave Emmerdale in a bid to hide the fact she’s pregnant.

The businesswoman has lied to her drug addicted ex, Jai Sharma, that she lost the baby and plans to raise the child on her own.

So next week as Sam brings Megan supplies to help her cope with her morning morning sickness, he offers to speak to Leyla about shutting down the business.

It’s a welcome relief to Megan who is keen to get away before her pregnancy becomes obvious and Jai finds out.

Megan’s business partner, Leyla, is to discover she wants the business closed by the end of the week not realising she plans to leave the village as soon as possible.

But as the week draws to a close an unannounced visitor rattles Megan…

Source:
    http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/emm...he-village.php

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

lizann (25-09-2015), maidmarian (24-09-2015), tammyy2j (24-09-2015)

whose her visitor, any chance declan

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    whose her visitor, any chance declan
    that would be good!! for several reasons-if
    it happens?

been wondering if anyone knows when
    actresses current contract expires?
    Or if it has been recently renewed?

Thread Information