Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan Macey

Emmerdale star Gaynor Faye has revealed that she wants her character Megan Macey to be "a baddie that people love".

Megan makes her debut in the village in Tuesday's (February 21) episode of the soap, arriving at Home Farm after being invited by her half-brother Declan (Jason Merrells).

As Declan is currently making plans for a music festival, he hopes that ruthless Megan will take charge of organising the event - convinced that she has the skills he needs.

Faye told the Daily Record: "As a human being you want to be liked, but as an actress it is much better to play somebody who is a baddie or somebody who is disliked - it is much more interesting to play that.

"I want people to like the character and what she stirs up in the village. A baddie that people love. That's what I am going to aim for."

Discussing Megan's personality, the actress explained: "She's strong and independent and feisty - quite different from the parts I normally play, which are usually mumsy. She's somebody I've always wanted to play, a fiercely independent woman who is used to living and working in a male environment.

"She is a business consultant, who goes in and sorts them out and she takes that no-nonsense approach into her personal life. She can't seem to differentiate sorting out business and sorting out life and she is not good at relationships. I'm hopefully going to be here for a while and cause a bit of mayhem in the village."

Faye has signed a one-year deal with the soap.

Emmerdale's new recruit Gaynor Faye has admitted that she is expecting her character Megan Macey to provoke strong reactions from viewers.

The actress joked that fans may start telling her off over the bitchy antics of Megan, who joined the village last week.

Megan is overseeing her half-brother Declan's plans for a music festival, but has been tipped to ruffle feathers among the local residents as she does so.

Faye told The Alan Titchmarsh Show: "It is wonderful walking in there with that power. Everyone just goes, 'Who is she?' - and I do too!

"She's a bit of a cowbag obviously, and a lot of the women don't like her. She's going to wreak havoc in the village and it's great fun to play. I didn't realise [it would be] - I was a bit scared to play the nasty one!"

She continued: "I love to say hello to [fans], but I might get handbagged in the supermarket this time - I'm a bit worried about that! It's great as an actress to play a baddie, but for me, I'm always thinking, 'Please like me!'"

Faye's Emmerdale role comes 12 years after she bowed out from playing Coronation Street's Judy Mallett.

"I was ready to get into something long-running again," she added. "Emmerdale's on brilliant form, it's so fantastic - the writing, the acting, the production team, they're just so lovely."

Emmerdale continues tonight at 7pm on ITV1.

Emmerdale star Gaynor Faye has warned that Declan Macey is "going too far" when he tries to track down her character Megan's estranged son.

Upcoming episodes of the ITV1 soap will reveal that Megan had a baby named Robbie in her teenage years, but put him up for adoption following pressure from her loved ones.

Megan's regrets over her past come to the surface in the next few weeks, prompting half-brother Declan (Jason Merrells) to decide that he should find Robbie.

Faye told Soaplife: "She'd be furious if she knew. Megan is always telling Declan to keep his nose out of her life. They may be good at business together, but they're not good at each other's personal lives. And him interfering in this is going too far."

Revealing Megan's history, the actress continued: "She was in her late teens when she had [Robbie], but it's not revealed yet whether the baby was the result of a fling or a longer relationship.

"But it seems no-one was really there for her - neither Declan or her dad. The consensus was she should have the baby adopted and get on with her life, that she should forget it ever happened.

"She hasn't seen Robbie since she gave him up. She ignored a letter he wrote to her years back, but finding him is still something that's always at the back of her mind."

Emmerdale bosses recently announced that TV newcomer Jamie Shelton has been cast as Robbie, who arrives in the village in May.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (11-04-2012)

So Robbie is her son

Gaynor Faye has declared that she is living a life of "luxury" on Emmerdale.

Former Coronation Street actress Faye, who joined the Emmerdale cast last year, plays Declan's half-sister Megan Macey.
    The star, who has two children, revealed that working in her home county of Yorkshire has improved her family life, and said that she hopes for a long stay in the ITV soap.

She told Reveal magazine: "My job has taken me all over the world, so the fact I can see my children every day is fantastic.

"I wake up in my own bed and go back to my own house in the evening. It's lovely. Actually, it's more than that. It's a real luxury!"

Meanwhile, the 40-year-old insisted that she would never use plastic surgery, adding: "I'm an actress. I need to use my face and expressions so I'd never freeze them."

Emmerdale star Tom Lister has revealed that Carl King's upcoming passion with Megan Macey will be an on-off affair.

Carl agrees to spend the night with Megan (Gaynor Faye) in this evening's (April 19) double bill after giving her a lift home from a make-up party at Mill Cottage.

Lister today told Daybreak that Carl and Megan will continue to be in each other's lives for some time to come.

"Things are obviously starting to kick off with Gaynor, and she's fantastic," he explained. "[Megan's] a very complex character and she's got lots of secrets in the closet.

"Carl and her start to hit it off, but neither of them wants to really let the other one have the upper hand. So they're on, they're off, they're on, they're off and it's a little bit like that."

However, Lister confessed that many Emmerdale fans still seem keen for Carl to reunite with his ex-fiancée Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter).

He said: "Whenever I go out anywhere, everybody always asks, 'Are Carl and Chas going to get back together?' So that tends to be the question on everybody's lips whenever we're out and about - myself and Lucy always get asked that."

Pondering whether Megan could be the one for Carl, Lister added: "You never know - it's early days. Who knows where it's going to go?"

Emmerdale continues tonight at 7pm and 8pm on ITV1.

Emmerdale star Gaynor Faye has revealed that she was close to ending her acting career before she landed the role of Megan Macey.

The 40-year-old signed up to play Megan last October and arrived on screen in February. She had previously been working as part of the creative team on BBC One's The Syndicate, which was written by her mother Kay Mellor.

Speaking on Loose Women today (May 17), the actress hailed Emmerdale as a perfect job as she lives close to the show's studios in Leeds.

Faye commented: "It's such bliss to be able to wake from my own bed. I've toured for three or four years before that, doing lots of theatre and things. In fact, I was at the point of thinking of changing my career - starting writing and getting into the script editing more.

"I actually script edited The Syndicate, and I started to do that thinking that was more for me. I wanted to be at home and see my kids growing up, because you blink and they've gone off to university."

Faye added that she first became interested in joining Emmerdale when she watched Jackson Walsh's tragic storyline last year.

She said: "I'd watched the suicide plot, and I just thought that they researched it so well. They handled it all so sensitively. I remember watching an interview [with] the producers and the cast members on This Morning, and just thinking what a great show it was and going, 'Oh, that's Yorkshire!'

"Then I thought nothing more of it, and it all just fell into place, really."

Emmerdale fans will see Megan reunited with her son Robbie in tonight's double bill of the soap.

Emmerdale's Gaynor Faye has claimed that Megan Macey and Carl King have deep feelings for one another.

The actress, who joined the village serial last October, believes that the pair have the potential to turn their romance into a long-lasting relationship.

''They're a bit commitment-phobic, but they fancy each other and they're sexually compatible," she admitted to Inside Soap.

"Each of them is trying hard not to let the other one know that they care. I think they've genuinely fallen for one another, but won't let on," the star added.

Carl actor Tom Lister previously suggested his alter ego's link with Megan will last for some time, but insisted any relationship would be turbulent.

Faye recently revealed that she is expecting "a real thrill" for Emmerdale's 40th-anniversary live episode later this year.

Emmerdale star Gaynor Faye has revealed that her character Megan Macey is set to lose her latest battle with half-brother Declan.

Declan (Jason Merrells) is about to return home from honeymoon and face more rows with Megan, who is determined to teach him a lesson for conning her.

However, speaking on This Morning today (November 6), Faye confirmed that Megan and her son Robbie will be forced to leave the village temporarily as Declan manages to maintain the upper hand.

Faye explained: "She's stolen the keys and is squatting currently at Mulberry Cottage with Robbie, and of course Declan and Katie come back tonight from their honeymoon and discover that Megan hasn't gone back down south. She's still there meddling."

She continued: "It's quite sad, really, what happens. There is a love there, but there's sibling rivalry from way, way, way back - right from when they were kids.

"Megan's always trying to get one up on Declan, but he always manages to pull out a trump card - which he does again! He sends Megan off to London with her tail between her legs, and Robbie on a lead!"

Asked whether Megan will eventually return from London, Faye replied: "I think that would be telling. [But] I have been filming recently in Yorkshire!"

Emmerdale businesswoman Megan Macey resorts to blackmail next week as she plots to evict the Spencer family from Brook Cottage.

Megan's mind goes into overdrive when she starts to see Brook as a dream home for her and son Robbie.

When Rachel Breckle (Gemma Oaten) finds out what's going on, she is keen to defend her sister Ali and finds herself in a huge row with Megan. However, when Rachel resorts to violence, it seems that she has played into the schemer's hands as Megan threatens to press charges unless she gets the cottage.

Here, Gaynor Faye - who plays Megan - teases her character's feud with the unruly Spencer clan.

Why does Megan start trying to get the Spencers out of Brook Cottage?
    "I think Megan has started to see Brook as a potential little cottage which would be a nice place for her and Robbie to live themselves. She wants them to have a lovely cottage to live as mum and son, as she wants them to bond. Megan also doesn't like the Spencers - she has an immediate aversion to them!"

What sparks the showdown between Megan and Rachel?
    "It starts when Megan goes round to the cottage to do a refit. She's looking into getting a bathroom fitted, along with some other bits and pieces. However, Rachel discovers that this is for Megan herself.

"Megan really doesn't care whether Rachel knows the truth or not, as it's none of her business. She then decides to bring up Rachel's son Archie being a dirty secret. Rachel just goes for her!

"Megan doesn't retaliate for two reasons - she doesn't want to stoop to Rachel's level, and she also sees this immediately as a way to get these people out."

© ITV
    Rachel punches Megan

What was it like to film the punching scene?
    "It was fine. If you've got a punch scene, my main thing is that I want them to look as real as possible, so I always go for them. Bless Gemma, as she was nervous about doing it but I kept saying, 'Go for it! I'll be going for it when I throw my head back!'

"In fact, the next day I had severe neckache - I think I'd given myself whiplash by throwing my head back so far! But it's fine, as you don't want scenes to look fake."

Is Megan serious about her threats to report Rachel for assault?
    "I think Megan has every intention to get Rachel done, but then she realises that she can get something better out of the situation - which is getting the cottage.

"The threat of phoning the police and getting Rachel banged up for assault is enough for Ali to step in and say, 'What can we do to make this right? I don't want my sister in prison'. Megan uses it to her advantage and says that she wants the cottage."

Do you think Megan is being a little bit unfair to the Spencers?
    "Well, in the beginning, she literally just tells them to get rid of the dog. That's a simple request, because the dog isn't part of the contract. Megan is well within her rights to do that.

"Then Sean starts having a go at her and I think Megan gets wound up by the Spencers. Originally it's not her being mean - it's her standing up for herself, but then it turns into something else when they're stubborn and don't back down. I suppose it is a bit nasty when she wants the cottage to herself."

© ITV
    Megan tells Ali to get rid of the dog

Will Megan give the cottage a makeover if she gets her hands on it long-term?
    "Well, we'll have to wait and see if she gets her hands on it first!"

What's it been like working with a dog in your recent scenes?
    "I'm allergic to dogs so it's not great! No, the dog is gorgeous and is only brought in when really needed. It's actually quite a rare breed. I was supposed to complain about the 'skanky dog' in one of my scenes, but I said I didn't think I should say that because it's a rare breed dog!"

What else is coming up for Megan?
    "Well, she's not just in Home Farm anymore - she's involved all around the village and she's got fingers in lots of pies. I know that her and Declan are working on a project and it turns quite sinister.

"And who knows where she's going with Robbie? At the moment she's a floater around the village!
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information