Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan Macey

Megan Macey

Emmerdale bosses have announced that Gaynor Faye is joining the cast of the soap, taking on the role of Declan's glamorous half-sister Megan Macey.

Megan will make her debut on screen in early 2012 when she turns up to stay with Declan (Jason Merrells) at Home Farm, and show bosses have teased that she quickly makes an impact in the village.

Billed as "fiercely ambitious, intimidating and oozing self-confidence", Megan is able to stand up for herself against Declan and also shakes things up for his relationship with Katie (Sammy Winward).

Declan makes contact with his estranged sibling because he wants her to be involved in a big new project which looks likely to divide the village.

However, as Declan has been known for his turbulent family relationships in the past, viewers will be left to wonder whether he and Megan will become a formidable team or end up at odds.

Faye commented: "I'm incredibly excited to be joining Emmerdale and being a Yorkshire lass myself, filming in Leeds, my home town, is the icing on the cake!

"The women on Emmerdale are strong and feisty and I can't wait to play my character, who's fun but extremely driven and will stop at nothing to get her own way!

"She's quite different to many of the roles that I have played before and hopefully will take people by surprise. Here's to the New Year when I take my first tipple in The Woolpack!"

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn added: "I'm thrilled to welcome Gaynor to the show. This is an exciting new character for us and a new era at Home Farm. Megan will quickly remind Declan she has a shrewd ability to get what she wants, when she wants it."

Faye is best known for roles in Coronation Street, Fat Friends and The Chase. She also starred in Playing The Field, on which she worked alongside Emmerdale actor James Thornton (John Barton).

i wondered where Gaynor Faye had got to, ive not seen her in anything for aces!

Typical soap Just invent a new relative that has never been mentioned before

So he stays with Katie for a while longer

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn has teased the upcoming arrival of Megan Macey, confirming that the show's newcomer will have a ruthless streak.

Emmerdale bosses recently announced that they had cast Gaynor Faye in the role of Megan, who is the half-sister of established regular Declan (Jason Merrells).

Blackburn has now promised that Megan will "really stir things up" when she makes her arrival in the village in early 2012.

"She's an incredibly strong and confident woman who won't allow herself to be used by men - or anyone," Blackburn told Inside Soap. "Megan is very competitive as well, and will really keep Declan on his toes.

"She'll have the likes of Charity and Chas rolling around with laughter, but then half an hour later, she'll shaft them! And she'll do it with a smile on her face, saying, 'It's only business, love!'"

Blackburn also hinted that there could be interesting scenes ahead between Megan and Carl King (Tom Lister).

He said: "When it comes to commitment to a fella, Megan would normally run a mile - but when lots of people in the village tell her not to go anywhere near Carl, it's like a red rag to a bull!"

Emmerdale star Emma Atkins has revealed that her character Charity Tate will not get along with newcomer Megan Macey.

Back in October, show bosses announced that Gaynor Faye had been cast in the role of Megan, who is the half-sister of Home Farm boss Declan.

Atkins teased the tension ahead as she made an appearance on The Alan Titchmarsh Show this afternoon.

Asked about her future at Emmerdale, the actress replied: "For now, I'm absolutely there - solid. I absolutely love my job and I'm happy - and it's working out really good.

"Who knows what's happening? But I'm about to start working with Gaynor Faye for a while, which will be good. I think we're going to be at loggerheads somewhat! That'll be interesting."

The 36-year-old said that she loves the drama surrounding Charity, who ties the knot with Jai Sharma this week.

"She's interesting, because she gets things wrong all the time," Atkins explained. "And I do like to play a character who's constantly in trouble. She never stops at a hurdle - she just keeps going!"

Emmerdale airs Charity's wedding episodes on Thursday at 7pm and 8pm on ITV1. Meanwhile, Megan makes her arrival in the village next month.

Gaynor Faye has teased her arrival in Emmerdale as Declan Macey's half-sister.

The actress was cast as Megan back in October. Her arrival in the village surprises Declan's live-in girlfriend Katie Sudgen.

Katie soon witnesses her boyfriend arguing with Megan, whom Faye has described as "ruthless".

"Megan is a fantastic character. She's fiercely independent and strong-willed but there's a vulnerability to her. And there's a reason why she is the way she is," Faye told the Daily Star Sunday.

"She does love her brother but she's very competitive with him. He's always gone that one step further than her."

Declan and Megan have their first argument at Home Farm a week on Friday.

Megan will also clash with Charity Tate (Emma Atkins) when she arrives in Emmerdale.

Emmerdale's new recruit Gaynor Faye has revealed that she is delighted to be playing a "mean" character on the soap.

The actress recently landed the role of Declan Macey's half-sister Megan, who makes her arrival on screen in a week's time.

Show bosses have billed Megan as a strong, confident and competitive woman who can be ruthless when it comes to business.

Faye told The Mirror of her new part: "It's fantastic. I can't wait to be a baddie and start being mean. Everyone is so used to seeing me as 'nice' characters, mums and girl-next-door types.

"Even if the people I play don't start out lovely, they usually end up that way. Look at Judy Mallet in Corrie or Lauren in Fat Friends.

"So being Megan is going to be really good fun. She's a bit of a Kim Tate - bad but with glimmers of vulnerability. She'll burst in and cause mayhem. She's going to stir up the men and rile the women."

Megan arrives in the village after Declan (Jason Merrells) invites her to organise a music festival that he is planning. However, she then keeps him on his toes over whether she will accept his offer - annoying his partner Katie (Sammy Winward) in the process.

Emmerdale airs Megan's first episode on Tuesday, February 21 at 7pm on ITV1.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Emmerdale's new recruit Gaynor Faye has revealed that she will be sticking around on the soap for at least a year.

The actress has landed a 12-month contract to play Megan Macey, the ruthless half-sister of established character Declan (Jason Merrells).

Megan arrives in the village next Tuesday after Declan asks her to help organise a music festival that he is planning.

Faye told TV Times: "I've signed up for at least a year. I've been watching Emmerdale for the past six months and I'm hooked by the great storylines.

"I'm thrilled to be joining and the great thing is, I only live 25 minutes away."

She continued: "It's such a luxury to be working these days, especially to be so near home and in such a fabulous part. I feel like I've been handed a really fantastic present."

Emmerdale continues tonight at 7pm on ITV1.

Emmerdale newcomer Gaynor Faye has admitted that her character Megan Macey struggles to trust half-brother Declan.

Megan arrives in the village next week after Declan (Jason Merrells) asks her to help him organise a music festival that he is planning.

However, as Megan had a previous deal with Declan that went badly wrong, she is left with a huge dilemma over whether to take on the project.

Faye told TV Choice: "Megan's very dubious as to whether Declan's intentions are honourable this time around. She respects him, but she's also jealous of him. She comes up with ideas, then he goes and makes them happen.

"It's probably because he's got more money and more clout than her, and because he's a man. She's always lived slightly in his shadow, and she doesn't like that."

The actress added that a number of characters end up on the receiving end of Megan's flirtatious advances.

She said: "Megan flirts with everybody - from Bob to Carl and probably even Sam Dingle. No-one is safe!"

Emmerdale airs Megan's first episode on Tuesday, February 21 at 7pm on ITV1.

Thread Information