Emmerdale businesswoman Megan Macey resorts to blackmail next week as she plots to evict the Spencer family from Brook Cottage.

Megan's mind goes into overdrive when she starts to see Brook as a dream home for her and son Robbie.

When Rachel Breckle (Gemma Oaten) finds out what's going on, she is keen to defend her sister Ali and finds herself in a huge row with Megan. However, when Rachel resorts to violence, it seems that she has played into the schemer's hands as Megan threatens to press charges unless she gets the cottage.

Here, Gaynor Faye - who plays Megan - teases her character's feud with the unruly Spencer clan.

Why does Megan start trying to get the Spencers out of Brook Cottage?
"I think Megan has started to see Brook as a potential little cottage which would be a nice place for her and Robbie to live themselves. She wants them to have a lovely cottage to live as mum and son, as she wants them to bond. Megan also doesn't like the Spencers - she has an immediate aversion to them!"

What sparks the showdown between Megan and Rachel?
"It starts when Megan goes round to the cottage to do a refit. She's looking into getting a bathroom fitted, along with some other bits and pieces. However, Rachel discovers that this is for Megan herself.

"Megan really doesn't care whether Rachel knows the truth or not, as it's none of her business. She then decides to bring up Rachel's son Archie being a dirty secret. Rachel just goes for her!

"Megan doesn't retaliate for two reasons - she doesn't want to stoop to Rachel's level, and she also sees this immediately as a way to get these people out."

© ITV
Rachel punches Megan

What was it like to film the punching scene?
"It was fine. If you've got a punch scene, my main thing is that I want them to look as real as possible, so I always go for them. Bless Gemma, as she was nervous about doing it but I kept saying, 'Go for it! I'll be going for it when I throw my head back!'

"In fact, the next day I had severe neckache - I think I'd given myself whiplash by throwing my head back so far! But it's fine, as you don't want scenes to look fake."

Is Megan serious about her threats to report Rachel for assault?
"I think Megan has every intention to get Rachel done, but then she realises that she can get something better out of the situation - which is getting the cottage.

"The threat of phoning the police and getting Rachel banged up for assault is enough for Ali to step in and say, 'What can we do to make this right? I don't want my sister in prison'. Megan uses it to her advantage and says that she wants the cottage."

Do you think Megan is being a little bit unfair to the Spencers?
"Well, in the beginning, she literally just tells them to get rid of the dog. That's a simple request, because the dog isn't part of the contract. Megan is well within her rights to do that.

"Then Sean starts having a go at her and I think Megan gets wound up by the Spencers. Originally it's not her being mean - it's her standing up for herself, but then it turns into something else when they're stubborn and don't back down. I suppose it is a bit nasty when she wants the cottage to herself."

© ITV
Megan tells Ali to get rid of the dog

Will Megan give the cottage a makeover if she gets her hands on it long-term?
"Well, we'll have to wait and see if she gets her hands on it first!"

What's it been like working with a dog in your recent scenes?
"I'm allergic to dogs so it's not great! No, the dog is gorgeous and is only brought in when really needed. It's actually quite a rare breed. I was supposed to complain about the 'skanky dog' in one of my scenes, but I said I didn't think I should say that because it's a rare breed dog!"

What else is coming up for Megan?
"Well, she's not just in Home Farm anymore - she's involved all around the village and she's got fingers in lots of pies. I know that her and Declan are working on a project and it turns quite sinister.

"And who knows where she's going with Robbie? At the moment she's a floater around the village!