Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beth Tinker (Lisa George)

Beth Tinker (Lisa George)

Coronation Street bosses have announced that Steve McDonald's old flame Beth will be joining Underworld later this year.

Beth, played by actress Lisa George, first appeared on the soap in August as Steve arranged a date with her at the Bistro in a bid to make Becky jealous.

The storyline saw Steve (Simon Gregson) recall that Beth was a stunning model when he knew her years ago, but as they were reunited, he was far from impressed when he saw how she had changed.

In the end, Beth and Steve were both kicked out of the Bistro amid a heated row with Becky (Katherine Kelly), who was having a fling with Nick Tilsley at the time.

ITV.com has now revealed that Beth is to become a new recruit for Underworld and will be getting involved "in some of the dramas" at the factory.

George has previously played minor roles in Coronation Street in 1997, 2005 and 2007.

Coronation Street is set to get a new employee later this year.

Steve McDonald's former flame Beth, who was a nightmare date for two episodes in August, is due to return to Weatherfield, where she will get a job at lingerie factory Underworld, according to the soap's official website.

It has also been revealed that she will get involved "in some of the dramas" at the factory.

Beth - played by Lisa George - got a short stint on the ITV1 soap when she dropped into the Bistro for a date with Steve (Simon Gregson), who asked her out in an attempt to make his ex-wife Becky (Katherine Kelly) jealous.

But his plan backfired when he realised Beth's modelling days were firmly behind her and had also brought her son Craig along for the date.

Things got out of hand when Beth and Becky began a heated row, and Beth had to be thrown out.

Eagle-eyed viewers will recognise Lisa from her previous appearances on the show - she played Jacqui in 2007, WPC Stonall in 2005 and Nurse Brampton back in 1997.

"I was delighted they asked me to audition for the role as I saw a lot of friendly faces again, who I have worked with before," she told the Grimsby Telegraph.

PA

Another case of Deja vu

There's an excellent storyline coming up next week in Coronation Street. Guess who moves in with Tracy Barlow next week? Only knicker-stitcher Beth and her silent son, Craig!

Since Beth moved back to Coronation Street and got herself a job at freaky Frank's factory, this fan has been wishing and hoping her son Craig would turn up again soon, and now he has.

This storyline looks set to raise a few laughs and anything that cheeses off Tracy Barlow is a good thing in my books. I guess as she's now married to Steve we should be calling her Tracy McDonald but it's just so wrong.

Does this mean Steve moves out?
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-02-2012)

I didnt want to start a new thread but there is a rumour doing the rounds that Beth's son Craig is in fact Steve's Its a result of his previous dalliance with Beth. Time will tell

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    I didnt want to start a new thread but there is a rumour doing the rounds that Beth's son Craig is in fact Steve's Its a result of his previous dalliance with Beth. Time will tell
    I hope this is true

Beth is a great character loving her so far

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    I did wonder whether Craig was Steve's son
    Last edited by Dazzle; 02-03-2012 at 16:09.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I hope this is true

Shes as common as muck but her heart is in the right place

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I hope this is true

me too! when she made her earlier cameo appearance I didnt take to her, now she is really growing on me. Love the humour, and the friendship she is building with Eileen

also the scenes with Deidre and Craig this week ala 'pot' were touching...?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-03-2012)

With Beth they've made her over the top to bring her in but will probably soften her character over time if she stays. We've seen it with the Battersbys, Windasses and even Cilla (who she is totally like anyway).
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information