Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Le Vell in child abuse arrest

'I'll clear my name and then quit for Australia' says actor facing child sex allegations

The Coronation Street star split from wife Janette Beverley in 2011 and believes that he now has no reason to stay in the country

Troubled Michael Le Vell has vowed to quit the UK for Australia if he clears his name over child sex allegations.

The Coronation Street star told friends: “I want to leave the country and start my life again without a stain on my character.”

Le Vell, who played mechanic Kevin Webster for 30 years, split from wife Janette Beverley in 2011 and believes that he now has no reason to stay in the country.

He is disappointed by the way Coronation Street immediately suspended him after he was hit with 19 sex offence charges, including rape of a minor, 10 days ago.

Le Vell, who has two children, spent last Christmas Down Under and has told friends he has fallen in love with laid-back Aussie lifestyle.

Last night a friend said: “Michael has been hit for six by the charges. He feels that whatever happens he has nothing left in the UK.

“He understands why Corrie suspended him but there is no hiding the fact he’s been hurt by their actions.

“He is starting to think this would be a good time to draw a line under his time on the Cobbles.”

The source added: “Michael loves Australia and would love to live out there. He has told his friends he has not been so relaxed in years as he was when he was Down Under.

“Whatever happens, he just wants a new start. He thinks he could have that in Australia.”

Le Vell, 48, was arrested in 2011 at his house in Hale, Greater Manchester, after a girl accused him of raping her when she was much younger.

The case was dropped but last Thursday he was charged.

Le Vell is due before Manchester magistrates on Wednesday.

He has said: “I would like to make it quite clear that following the serious allegations brought against me on Thursday, 14th February 2013, I am innocent of these charges and intend to fight them vigorously.”

What happens to the people that make false allegations?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (24-02-2013), Glen1 (25-02-2013), lizann (06-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

What happens to the people that make false allegations?
    Equally with saying that Michael Le Vell is innocent until proven guilty we don't know that the people who are making the allegations are making false allegations. But if they are presumably they can get done for wasting police time; Le Vell could sue them for libel/slander and, if it does go to court, for perjury IF they are false.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-02-2013), Glen1 (25-02-2013), lizann (06-09-2013)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$*********** ********************
    Last edited by parkerman; 24-02-2013 at 14:06.

Corrie actor Michael Le Vell has appeared in court today (February 27) facing child sex charges.

The 48-year-old, who plays Weatherfield's Kevin Webster, spoke only to confirm his name and address at Manchester Magistrates' Court this morning.

Le Vell has now been bailed to appear at Manchester Crown Court on Wednesday, March 20, BBC News reports.

The soap star was last month charged with 19 offences including raping a child, indecently assaulting a child and sexual activity with a child.

He later vowed to clear his name, releasing a statement saying: "I would like to make it quite clear that following the serious allegations that have been brought against me on Thursday, February 14, 2013, I am innocent of these charges and intend to fight them vigorously."

ITV has confirmed that Le Vell will not appear in any further episodes of Coronation Street pending the outcome of legal proceedings.

He was previously arrested and questioned over the alleged child offences in September 2011, but the matter was later dropped.

I have noticed that he was referred to as Coronation Street 'star' - now he is referred to as 'actor' - just not right

Whatever the outcome he's not coming back - innocent he's going to Australia - so as he is supposed to be in prison for helping Tyrone maybe it's him who'll commit suicide and maybe Tyrone will inherit the garage as Kevin hasn't had time to change his will since buying Tyrone out............................

Having just listened to the news about this - if he's guilty the child's mother should go to jail for abuse - she has continued to allow her child contact with him after she first went to the police - I don't think so - maybe when the case is heard more information will come out but at the moment I think it's really sus.

it is going to be hard for him not be associated with corrie it is the one role he is known for but i think corrie would not want this type of assocation though, sad but i think true

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    it is going to be hard for him not be associated with corrie it is the one role he is known for but i think corrie would not want this type of assocation though, sad but i think true
    So far every article I have seen and read on this states Coronation Street star or Coronation Street actor

A man has been arrested over claims that he used Twitter to name the alleged victim in Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell's child sex case.

The 23-year-old, from Cheadle in Greater Manchester, was questioned by police today (March 1) under suspicion of publishing information that would identify someone who should be anonymous, according to the Daily Mail. He has since been released on bail pending further inquiries.

The tweet in question was reportedly sent on Wednesday (February 27), containing personal information and opinion about the alleged victim in the Le Vell case.

Le Vell, who plays Weatherfield's Kevin Webster, appeared in court this week facing 19 child sex charges including raping a child, indecently assaulting a child and sexual activity with a child.

Speaking of today's arrest, Detective Chief Inspector Chris Bridge from Greater Manchester Police commented: "Maintaining the anonymity of victims of sex offences is absolutely vital and is something that really helps encourage them to come forward.

"Breaching this ruling is an extremely serious offence and that is why we launched an investigation as soon as we became aware. Social media is an immensely powerful tool that does an awful lot of good, but it can also be used to spread rumour, speculation and in this case break the law.

"As a force, GMP embraces the use of social media, but when it is abused in this way we will take robust action to hold those responsible to account."

Le Vell's case has been referred to Manchester Crown Court, where he will appear on Wednesday, March 20.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (01-03-2013)

Two years ago my mother's brother went to prison for rape of several children under the age of 16. The children were my mother and her sisters, my eldest sister, and a few other people. You don't realise until you're in that situation how much it tears people and families apart. I wasn't directly involved but it's still taken two years and a lot of therapy to come to terms with it. My degree suffered considerably. My relationship with my mother was incredibly strained; I avoided her phone calls and emails for 8 months because I couldn't get my head around it (we live 100 miles apart). It's only now that we're getting back on track.

Whether these allegations are true or not, and it's not for us to decide, it's an incredibly stressful time for both the accused and the alleged victims and their families. I hope they're all got great support because they're going to need it. I never thought it would affect me so severely, but hearing some of the evidence during the trial will stay with me for life. I still haven't accepted that those things happened, I just can't get my head around it, but I have to move on with my life; my mother and her sisters managed to, my sister managed to, so I have to move on somehow.
    Thanks CrazyLea

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-03-2013), tammyy2j (02-03-2013)

Thread Information