Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Le Vell in child abuse arrest

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    How the rags of this country that call themselves newspapers love to drag up whatever they can about people's PERSONAL lives. No doubt the same so called journalists are snooping around his home watching his comings and goings. What next from the gutter press?? "Mystery redhead/blonde/brunette sneaks in to Le Vell love nest
    They are probably going threw his rubbish bins as well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

alan45 (18-10-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    They are probably going through his rubbish bins as well
    No doubt of that. All to sell their grubby rags and satisfy the voyeurs. The man is going through enough with the sordid ALLEGATIONS without people prying into his marriage problems

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    They are probably going threw his rubbish bins as well
    Not to mention hacking his and his wife's phone

5. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (18-10-2011)

No doubt of that. All to sell their grubby rags and satisfy the voyeurs. The man is going through enough with the sordid ALLEGATIONS without people prying into his marriage problems
    Since we are all reading and posting in this thread are we voyeurs
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 20-10-2011 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I'm not publishing salacious details about a man's marriage or totally unproven allegations about what someone has alleged he jhas supposedly done to a six year old. Neither am I repeating rehashed gossip about him from rags. However if the cap fits feel free to enjoy the trashy posts as I will feel free to comment on them. There is a difference. I have no interest in the break up of his marriage. If however he is convicted through the courts of the terrible allegation then I will be the first to condemn him, just as I would condemn any one who abuses children

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (21-10-2011), Siobhan (21-10-2011)

Michael Le Vell has been rebailed over allegations that he sexually abused a schoolgirl.

The Coronation Street actor, who has played Kevin Webster since 1983, had originally been bailed until tomorrow (Wednesday).

However, that has been extended until next year as the investigation continues, Greater Manchester Police have confirmed.

"A 46-year-old man arrested on suspicion of committing a historic sexual offence has been rebailed until the second week of January as police continue their investigations," a spokeswoman said in a statement.

Le Vell, real name Michael Turner, "strenuously" denied the claims following his arrest in September.

Fellow cast member Sally Dyvenor, who portrays his on-screen wife Sally, has spoken out in defence of the star.

Another slow news day over on DS

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    CORONATION Street star Michael Le Vell has been arrested on suspicion of sexually abusing a schoolgirl, The Sun can reveal.
    The married father of two, 46 — a long-time Corrie favourite as mechanic Kevin Webster — was quizzed by cops who swooped on his £750,000 home in Hale, Greater Manchester.

Last night a source said Le Vell, who vigorously denies a claim made by the teenage girl, is "going through hell".

Le Vell was questioned by police for EIGHT HOURS.

The actor's lawyer was present as he answered a formal complaint made to cops by the teenager.

Le Vell — who has played Weatherfield's love rat for 28 years — was taken to a police station after being arrested at his luxury home.

After the quiz he was freed on bail until next month while detectives continue their inquiries. The Sun understands he has gone into hiding to plan a vigorous defence with his legal team.

A source close to the case said Le Vell had been "hit for six" by the allegation. The source added:

Michael's world has fallen apart. He can't believe what is happening to him and is going through a private hell.

He is renowned for being a quiet family man and does not lead a celebrity lifestyle.

He has never been caught up in any real scandals and has led a pretty low-key life throughout his many years in Corrie.

This has come right out of the blue and he doesn't know what to think. He has been involved in all sorts of scandals in the show but couldn't be more different off set. He doesn't court publicity and has always been devoted to his family.

These accusations have sent his head spinning. He is determined to carry on working and clear his name. But at the moment his mind is scrambled.

Le Vell, an avid Manchester United fan, is married to his childhood sweetheart Janette Beverley, an actress who starred in top kids' TV show Children's Ward in the 1990s.

The couple live with their children.

Le Vell — real name Michael Turner — turned up as Kevin on Weatherfield's famous cobbles in 1983 and is one of the ITV soap's longest-serving actors. He has been involved in some of its most intense storylines — but has at times taken a moral stance over his role.

Two years ago, as Kevin had a passionate affair with Molly Dobbs, he stunned Corrie bosses by threatening to quit unless the romance was ended.

At the time Kevin's screen wife Sally was diagnosed with breast cancer. And Le Vell said: "If Sally's cancer doesn't end the affair and Kevin has no remorse towards her, then I'm leaving because I can't be putting up with it.

"If he carries on with Molly he doesn't deserve to be in the family unit. It's as simple as that." In 2008 Le Vell told how he felt "shocked" while looking at photos of actress Helen Flanagan, who plays his screen daughter Rosie, in raunchy underwear.

The star, whose niece Jackie Greene famously won £10million on the Lottery in 1996, said: "I couldn't believe it when I saw those pictures of Helen.

"In every paper she was staring back at you wearing that basque and knickers. I felt perverted looking at them. I've known her since she was a small child."

Police said last night: "A 46-year-old man from Hale has been arrested on suspicion of a historic sexual offence. He has been bailed pending inquiries."
    Seems that ITV says one thing and does another. Allegations of this type are so easy to make. Of course the fact that Michael is now a well known actor probably is a mere coincidence
    Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell has reportedly split from his wife of 25 years.

The actor, who plays Kevin Webster in the ITV1 soap, parted with Janette Beverley a few months ago - before he was accused of sexually abusing a schoolgirl.

"It's very sad, but they are estranged and have been for a while. This police investigation comes on top of everything else. It's been the worst time of Michael's life," a source told The Sun.

"It's been a terribly stressful time for both of them. Michael has always been brilliant as a husband and dad and has never courted the celebrity lifestyle. The fact that his marriage is on the rocks has come as a complete shock.

"Right now his mind is all over the place. He has co-operated fully with the police and will continue to do so until his innocence is proved. It's been the worst time of his life - but everything is out of his hands at the moment."

Beverley starred alongside Le Vell in Coronation Street when she played a character called Elaine Pollard in 1984.

Le Vell has vowed to clear his name after being arrested following the report of a historical offence. He recently returned to the Coronation Street set.
    How the rags of this country that call themselves newspapers love to drag up whatever they can about people's PERSONAL lives. No doubt the same so called journalists are snooping around his home watching his comings and goings. What next from the gutter press?? "Mystery redhead/blonde/brunette sneaks in to Le Vell love nest
    Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell has apparently told bosses he will continue filming the show as normal.

The actor, who plays Kevin Webster in the ITV1 soap, was arrested last month over claims he sexually abused a schoolgirl.

Le Vell denies the allegations and had asked producers for an extra week's holiday to clear his name.

It also emerged that the soap star had split from his wife of 25 years Janette Beverley in recent months, and Coronation Street executives therefore held emergency talks to draw up a contingency plan should he need more time off.

However, during his visit to the set last week, Le Vell told bosses he would be back at work this week - meaning a Christmas storyline involving Kevin's anger at Sophie (Brooke Vincent) and Sian's (Sacha Parkinson) plan to marry will go ahead.

"Things were very much up in the air but Michael has now moved to alleviate the concerns of bosses," a source told the Daily Star Sunday. "It was very much a business as usual message from Michael. He has been totally frank with executives about the precise nature of the allegations.

"He has assured executives that he will clear his name. He says he is looking forward to returning to work because his conscience is clear and they are looking forward to welcoming him back this week."
    I care ok I'm nosy and curious
    I'm not publishing salacious details about a man's marriage or totally unproven allegations about what someone has alleged he jhas supposedly done to a six year old. Neither am I repeating rehashed gossip about him from rags. However if the cap fits feel free to enjoy the trashy posts as I will feel free to comment on them. There is a difference. I have no interest in the break up of his marriage. If however he is convicted through the courts of the terrible allegation then I will be the first to condemn him, just as I would condemn any one who abuses children
    Michael Le Vell has been rebailed over allegations that he sexually abused a schoolgirl.

The Coronation Street actor, who has played Kevin Webster since 1983, had originally been bailed until tomorrow (Wednesday).

However, that has been extended until next year as the investigation continues, Greater Manchester Police have confirmed.

"A 46-year-old man arrested on suspicion of committing a historic sexual offence has been rebailed until the second week of January as police continue their investigations," a spokeswoman said in a statement.

Le Vell, real name Michael Turner, "strenuously" denied the claims following his arrest in September.

Fellow cast member Sally Dyvenor, who portrays his on-screen wife Sally, has spoken out in defence of the star.
    CORONATION Street star Michael Le Vell has been cleared of child rape allegations, The People can reveal.

Senior detectives were last night poised to tell the 46-year-old actor he will face no charges after a three-month investigation.

The news came after prosecutors pored over the claims made against Le Vell, who has played Corrie mechanic Kevin Webster for 28 years, and decided there was not enough evidence to go ahead.

The decision by the Crown Prosecution Service will lift a massive cloud from the troubled star and let him move on
    with his life.

Claims

Last night a couple answering the door at a house where he has recently been staying said when shown the police statement: Oh that's super. Its great.

The couple said they would try to contact the actor, who is believed to be out of the country on a New Year break, adding: It has been a difficult time for him. Thank you for telling us.

The female at the centre of the claims which Le Vell vehemently denied has already been informed of the CPS decision.

Last night police were tracking down the actor to tell him the case had been dropped.

A police spokesman said: No further action will be taken against a 46-year-old man arrested on suspicion of an historic rape. A file was prepared for the CPS who decided there was insufficient evidence to charge.

The star was first arrested in September on suspicion of sexually abusing a schoolgirl. A teenager had claimed he raped her when she was six. The dad of two was quizzed by cops who swooped on his s775,000 home in Hale, Greater Manchester.

Afterwards he released a statement saying: I strenuously deny these allegations and will do everything in my power to prove my innocence.

On top of the rape allegations Le Vell has been having to come to terms with the break-up of his 25-year marriage to actress wife Janette Beverley.

He has been living at a pals house in Cheshire a few miles from the family home, which has been put on the market.

A source said: Last year was a horrible time for Michael, with the break-up from his wife and these allegations. It has been a terrible strain on him but he has battled on.

Despite his torment Le Vell bravely continued to go to work at the Granada studios, where he has enjoyed the full support of the rest of the cast and crew.

But on occasions he cut a lonely, haunted figure as he visited a number of pubs where he poured his heart out to pals.

Whispers

He was heard voicing concern about where he was going to live as well as fears that even if the case was dropped there might always be whispers linking him to it.

Last night Nazir Aszal, Chief Crown Prosecutor for the North West area, confirmed charges against Le Vell real name Michael Turner had been dropped.

Mr Aszal said: As there is no realistic prospect of conviction it is only right that the allegations against Mr Turner are prevented from going any further.

I have informed the police that they should take no further action against him.

SO MUCH FOR ALL THOSE WHO SOUGHT TO KEEP THIS SALACIOUS STORY GOING YOU SHOULD B ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

CORONATION Street star Michael Le Vell has been arrested on suspicion of sexually abusing a schoolgirl, The Sun can reveal.
    The married father of two, 46 — a long-time Corrie favourite as mechanic Kevin Webster — was quizzed by cops who swooped on his £750,000 home in Hale, Greater Manchester.

Last night a source said Le Vell, who vigorously denies a claim made by the teenage girl, is "going through hell".

Le Vell was questioned by police for EIGHT HOURS.

The actor's lawyer was present as he answered a formal complaint made to cops by the teenager.

Le Vell — who has played Weatherfield's love rat for 28 years — was taken to a police station after being arrested at his luxury home.

After the quiz he was freed on bail until next month while detectives continue their inquiries. The Sun understands he has gone into hiding to plan a vigorous defence with his legal team.

A source close to the case said Le Vell had been "hit for six" by the allegation. The source added:

Michael's world has fallen apart. He can't believe what is happening to him and is going through a private hell.

He is renowned for being a quiet family man and does not lead a celebrity lifestyle.

He has never been caught up in any real scandals and has led a pretty low-key life throughout his many years in Corrie.

This has come right out of the blue and he doesn't know what to think. He has been involved in all sorts of scandals in the show but couldn't be more different off set. He doesn't court publicity and has always been devoted to his family.

These accusations have sent his head spinning. He is determined to carry on working and clear his name. But at the moment his mind is scrambled.

Le Vell, an avid Manchester United fan, is married to his childhood sweetheart Janette Beverley, an actress who starred in top kids' TV show Children's Ward in the 1990s.

The couple live with their children.

Le Vell — real name Michael Turner — turned up as Kevin on Weatherfield's famous cobbles in 1983 and is one of the ITV soap's longest-serving actors. He has been involved in some of its most intense storylines — but has at times taken a moral stance over his role.

Two years ago, as Kevin had a passionate affair with Molly Dobbs, he stunned Corrie bosses by threatening to quit unless the romance was ended.

At the time Kevin's screen wife Sally was diagnosed with breast cancer. And Le Vell said: "If Sally's cancer doesn't end the affair and Kevin has no remorse towards her, then I'm leaving because I can't be putting up with it.

"If he carries on with Molly he doesn't deserve to be in the family unit. It's as simple as that." In 2008 Le Vell told how he felt "shocked" while looking at photos of actress Helen Flanagan, who plays his screen daughter Rosie, in raunchy underwear.

The star, whose niece Jackie Greene famously won £10million on the Lottery in 1996, said: "I couldn't believe it when I saw those pictures of Helen.

"In every paper she was staring back at you wearing that basque and knickers. I felt perverted looking at them. I've known her since she was a small child."

Police said last night: "A 46-year-old man from Hale has been arrested on suspicion of a historic sexual offence. He has been bailed pending inquiries."
    Seems that ITV says one thing and does another. Allegations of this type are so easy to make. Of course the fact that Michael is now a well known actor probably is a mere coincidence
    Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell has reportedly split from his wife of 25 years.

The actor, who plays Kevin Webster in the ITV1 soap, parted with Janette Beverley a few months ago - before he was accused of sexually abusing a schoolgirl.

"It's very sad, but they are estranged and have been for a while. This police investigation comes on top of everything else. It's been the worst time of Michael's life," a source told The Sun.

"It's been a terribly stressful time for both of them. Michael has always been brilliant as a husband and dad and has never courted the celebrity lifestyle. The fact that his marriage is on the rocks has come as a complete shock.

"Right now his mind is all over the place. He has co-operated fully with the police and will continue to do so until his innocence is proved. It's been the worst time of his life - but everything is out of his hands at the moment."

Beverley starred alongside Le Vell in Coronation Street when she played a character called Elaine Pollard in 1984.

Le Vell has vowed to clear his name after being arrested following the report of a historical offence. He recently returned to the Coronation Street set.
    Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell has apparently told bosses he will continue filming the show as normal.

The actor, who plays Kevin Webster in the ITV1 soap, was arrested last month over claims he sexually abused a schoolgirl.

Le Vell denies the allegations and had asked producers for an extra week's holiday to clear his name.

It also emerged that the soap star had split from his wife of 25 years Janette Beverley in recent months, and Coronation Street executives therefore held emergency talks to draw up a contingency plan should he need more time off.

However, during his visit to the set last week, Le Vell told bosses he would be back at work this week - meaning a Christmas storyline involving Kevin's anger at Sophie (Brooke Vincent) and Sian's (Sacha Parkinson) plan to marry will go ahead.

"Things were very much up in the air but Michael has now moved to alleviate the concerns of bosses," a source told the Daily Star Sunday. "It was very much a business as usual message from Michael. He has been totally frank with executives about the precise nature of the allegations.

"He has assured executives that he will clear his name. He says he is looking forward to returning to work because his conscience is clear and they are looking forward to welcoming him back this week."
    I care ok I'm nosy and curious

CORONATION Street star Michael Le Vell has been cleared of child rape allegations, The People can reveal.

Senior detectives were last night poised to tell the 46-year-old actor he will face no charges after a three-month investigation.

The news came after prosecutors pored over the claims made against Le Vell, who has played Corrie mechanic Kevin Webster for 28 years, and decided there was not enough evidence to go ahead.

The decision by the Crown Prosecution Service will lift a massive cloud from the troubled star and let him move on
    with his life.

Claims

Last night a couple answering the door at a house where he has recently been staying said when shown the police statement: Oh that's super. Its great.

The couple said they would try to contact the actor, who is believed to be out of the country on a New Year break, adding: It has been a difficult time for him. Thank you for telling us.

The female at the centre of the claims which Le Vell vehemently denied has already been informed of the CPS decision.

Last night police were tracking down the actor to tell him the case had been dropped.

A police spokesman said: No further action will be taken against a 46-year-old man arrested on suspicion of an historic rape. A file was prepared for the CPS who decided there was insufficient evidence to charge.

The star was first arrested in September on suspicion of sexually abusing a schoolgirl. A teenager had claimed he raped her when she was six. The dad of two was quizzed by cops who swooped on his s775,000 home in Hale, Greater Manchester.

Afterwards he released a statement saying: I strenuously deny these allegations and will do everything in my power to prove my innocence.

On top of the rape allegations Le Vell has been having to come to terms with the break-up of his 25-year marriage to actress wife Janette Beverley.

He has been living at a pals house in Cheshire a few miles from the family home, which has been put on the market.

A source said: Last year was a horrible time for Michael, with the break-up from his wife and these allegations. It has been a terrible strain on him but he has battled on.

Despite his torment Le Vell bravely continued to go to work at the Granada studios, where he has enjoyed the full support of the rest of the cast and crew.

But on occasions he cut a lonely, haunted figure as he visited a number of pubs where he poured his heart out to pals.

Whispers

He was heard voicing concern about where he was going to live as well as fears that even if the case was dropped there might always be whispers linking him to it.

Last night Nazir Aszal, Chief Crown Prosecutor for the North West area, confirmed charges against Le Vell real name Michael Turner had been dropped.

Mr Aszal said: As there is no realistic prospect of conviction it is only right that the allegations against Mr Turner are prevented from going any further.

I have informed the police that they should take no further action against him.

SO MUCH FOR ALL THOSE WHO SOUGHT TO KEEP THIS SALACIOUS STORY GOING YOU SHOULD B ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

The charges may have been dropped but the matter is far from over for Michael. Him and his family will take months to recover from these terrible accusations.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information