Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Michael Le Vell in child abuse arrest

Coronation Street boss Stuart Blackburn has spoken about Kevin Webster's return to the soap.

Michael Le Vell will return as the car mechanic in spring 2014, after he was cleared of sex offence charges earlier this year.

Webster has not been on screen since February, when he was said to have departed in order to look after his sick father.

Blackburn told the Manchester Evening News that Webster will return to different surroundings.

He said: "At the point when Kevin was forced to leave for Germany, he was actually looking to get back together with Sally.

"So when he returns, it's to a very different world in Coronation Street. He comes back to find Sally's relationship with Tim, while his daughter Sophie's world will have changed as well, and in Sally's eyes, not necessarily for the better."

John crashes and Kevin calls an ambulance
    © ITV

He added: "We're just delighted to have Michael back with us, and we're hoping he'll be back on screen in March/April."

Last month, Michael Le Vell revealed that he had received several death threats in the wake of his sexual abuse trial.

Le Vell was found not guilty of all charges against him. He had been accused of five counts of rape, three of indecent assault, two counts of sexual activity with a child, and two of causing a child to engage in sexual activity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

thestud2k7 (01-12-2013)

Coronation Street actor Michael Le Vell has agreed to take a break from the soap after admitting to taking cocaine.

The 49-year-old, who plays Kevin Webster, recently confessed that he used the drug twice last year while at his "lowest ebb" over his court case.

Le Vell said that he first took cocaine in the lead-up to his trial, but also used the class A substance again after being found not guilty of all sex abuse charges against him.

The soap star had a meeting with Coronation Street producers today (March 4), where it was decided that he should take time off to address his issues.

An ITV spokesperson told Digital Spy: "Coronation Street and Michael Le Vell have mutually agreed that he will take a break from the programme whilst he seeks professional help for personal issues."

Le Vell spoke about his drug use to the Sunday Mirror at the weekend, explaining: "There were some bad influences around me and it felt like an escape.

"Now I'm so ashamed of what I did. I never thought that I was the sort of bloke who would like cocaine. But it was moments of weakness when I was at the lowest ebb of my life."

Le Vell was cleared in September 2013 and returned to filming at Coronation Street on January 20. Speaking at the time, he expressed his gratitude for "the most amazing support from cast, crew and members of the public over the last 12 months".

The actor's return scenes as Kevin are due to air later this month, as the mechanic arrives back in Weatherfield after time away caring for his sick father Bill in Germany.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-03-2014), Glen1 (05-03-2014)

Thread Information