Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Le Vell in child abuse arrest

Two years ago my mother's brother went to prison for rape of several children under the age of 16. The children were my mother and her sisters, my eldest sister, and a few other people. You don't realise until you're in that situation how much it tears people and families apart. I wasn't directly involved but it's still taken two years and a lot of therapy to come to terms with it. My degree suffered considerably. My relationship with my mother was incredibly strained; I avoided her phone calls and emails for 8 months because I couldn't get my head around it (we live 100 miles apart). It's only now that we're getting back on track.

Whether these allegations are true or not, and it's not for us to decide, it's an incredibly stressful time for both the accused and the alleged victims and their families. I hope they've all got great support because they're going to need it. I never thought it would affect me so severely, but hearing some of the evidence during the trial will stay with me for life. I still haven't accepted that those things happened, I just can't get my head around it, but I have to move on with my life; my mother and her sisters managed to, my sister managed to, so I have to move on somehow.
    Last edited by Abigail; 02-03-2013 at 19:47.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Abby darling I am so glad you are trying to move on. Please don't become another one of his victims. If you ever need to talk PM me any time. I am a counsellor and have been for over tens years. xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Abigail (02-03-2013)

Thanks Moonstorm. I still haven't fully made sense of it all, but I could spend years trying to figure it all out. The best thing for me is to accept what happened, not question it (I may not want to now the answers) and get on with my life. My fseamily has been ripped apart enough, it's time to close that chapter and form better relationships with my parents, finally understanding everything I couldn't figure out as a child.

He got three and a half years for 30 counts of rape. The time between the offences and the trial is about 30-40 years. He spent about 8 months on remand and only served half his sentence, minus the 8 months already served. He was released in November 2012 after less than 18 months in prison. As far as I know, his wife is still with him and doesn't believe he did all of those horrific things. He has seven kids and I don't know what any of them make of it. It just doesn't seem right that somebody can cause so much damage and get away with 18 months jail time.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thanks Moonstorm. I still haven't fully made sense of it all, but I could spend years trying to figure it all out. The best thing for me is to accept what happened, not question it (I may not want to now the answers) and get on with my life. My fseamily has been ripped apart enough, it's time to close that chapter and form better relationships with my parents, finally understanding everything I couldn't figure out as a child.

He got three and a half years for 30 counts of rape. The time between the offences and the trial is about 30-40 years. He spent about 8 months on remand and only served half his sentence, minus the 8 months already served. He was released in November 2012 after less than 18 months in prison. As far as I know, his wife is still with him and doesn't believe he did all of those horrific things. He has seven kids and I don't know what any of them make of it. It just doesn't seem right that somebody can cause so much damage and get away with 18 months jail time.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Abby will PM you tomorrow, what I need to say is not for public because it invlolves other people. xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Abigail (09-03-2013), Perdita (02-03-2013)

Abi
    What a terrible thing to have happened and you are so brave talking about it. I too have sent you a PM
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Abigail (09-03-2013), Perdita (02-03-2013)

Abi
    What a terrible thing to have happened and you are so brave talking about it. I too have sent you a PM
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Abigail (09-03-2013)

Abigail you are so brave to share on here and I wish all the best for you and your family

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Abigail (09-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    Abby darling I am so glad you are trying to move on. Please don't become another one of his victims. If you ever need to talk PM me any time. I am a counsellor and have been for over tens years. xxx
    I've tried to send you a PM (a very long one!) but your mailbox is full. Have you got an email address I can send it to?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    I've tried to send you a PM (a very long one!) but your mailbox is full. Have you got an email address I can send it to?
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information