Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Le Vell in child abuse arrest

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    Abby will PM you tomorrow, what I need to say is not for public because it invlolves other people. xx
    Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    Abby darling I am so glad you are trying to move on. Please don't become another one of his victims. If you ever need to talk PM me any time. I am a counsellor and have been for over tens years. xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Abi
    What a terrible thing to have happened and you are so brave talking about it. I too have sent you a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Abigail you are so brave to share on here and I wish all the best for you and your family
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate your support and well wishes. I've been trying to post that message for the past two years. I've typed it several times but have never submitted the post. I knew you guys would all support me but I just wasn't ready to tell people what was going on. I was also in shock that it was actually happening.

Very few of my friends know what has happened, mainly because I'm scared of their reaction. I feel more comfortable telling my Soapboards friends everything that has gone on than telling my main life friends.
    Thanks CrazyLea

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-03-2013), Siobhan (12-03-2013), tammyy2j (10-03-2013)

Hi Abby, just replied to you. Had to be at work to sort out my mail box, and yesterday was a holiday in Gib! Have given you my private e-mail address.

xx

abi girl you are very brave and i commend you for sharing, hope you have a happy peaceful life

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Abigail (29-03-2013)

TV beauty Helen Flanagan has leapt to defend Michael Le Vell – her father in Coronation Street – and called the child sex charges he faces VILE, the Sunday People has reported.

The actress said of the allegations against former co-star: “I don’t believe it for a second.”

Helen, 22, was Le Vell’s on-screen daughter Rosie Webster for 11 years until she quit the show last year.

She declared she is disgusted by what he is accused of and said: “I can’t *believe what Michael is going through. I was so shocked to hear the *allegations had come back. It’s absolutely vile what is being said about him. It sickens you to the *stomach and it is so *upsetting what that man has been through.

“I have a lot of respect for the man because I have grown up with him.

“He’s a lovely, lovely man. Everyone at Coronation Street is behind him. It’s a respect thing.”

Helen’s backing comes just weeks after Le Vell, 48, appeared before *magistrates in Manchester.
    He faces 19 allegations including rape, indecent assault and sexual activity with a child. The legal move came after a Crown Prosecution Service review of allegations against him that had been dropped.

The actor has stepped down from his role as Corrie mechanic Kevin Webster pending the outcome of the court case. He has been playing the part for nearly 30 years.

Troubled Le Vell has been pictured looking tired and stressed over the past few weeks. He has regularly been seen boozing and has been spotted at a bookmaker’s near his terraced home in Hale, Gtr Manchester.

After seeing her friend in such *distress, Helen has called for anonymity for those charged with child sex *offences until they have been proved guilty.

Last week the I’m A Celebrity star said: “I don’t think things like that should be in the press until it’s proven. It’s the worst thing to be accused of. It’s terrible. I have spoken to him and he knows I am there for him.

“He’s always been a great friend. I just wish him all the best. There’s absolutely no way he did it. I don’t believe it for a second.”

Coronation Street legend William Roache, 80, who plays iconic Rovers regular Ken Barlow, is also concerned at how Le Vell has been “vilified”.

He said: “In my view you’re innocent until proven guilty. But what happens is anyone can make an allegation and you’re immediately arrested and your name is vilified in the papers.

“If someone has committed a *criminal act against a woman or is a *paedophile, yes they should be sorted out and hunted. But until that is settled and is *proven, an allegation is just that – an *allegation. So let’s all wait and see until the trial is over.”

Last week Le Vell was reported as having been “bowled over” by messages of support from fellow actors and Coronation Street fans.

The star was first arrested in September 2011 after a teenage girl claimed he had sexually assaulted her from the age of six.

Three months later prosecutors said there was insufficient evidence and the matter was dropped. Last year Le Vell separated from wife Janette Beverley after 26 years of marriage.

In the wake of the CPS review he was arrested and charged with the *offences on February 15 – six rapes, six indecent assaults and seven offences of sexual activity with a child over a nine-year period. Le Vell said he would fight the allegations “vigorously”.

He is due to appear at crown court in Manchester on Wednesday.

Le Vell’s sister told how he is “going through hell”. Glenis Gill, 59, said: “It is a really tough time for him at the moment but he is bearing up OK.”
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

what did bill roache say as he is in trouble now?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_2905877.html

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_2905877.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-03-2013)

Coronation Street actor Michael Le Vell's absence from the soap could be explained in an upcoming scene.

Le Vell has been charged with 19 offences including raping a child, indecently assaulting a child and sexual activity with a child. He returns to court today (March 20).

The 48-year-old's character Kevin Webster was immediately dropped from the programme whilst legal proceedings continued.

The Daily Star reports that scenes filmed this week see Kevin's ex-partner Sally (Sally Dynevor, 49) tell her neighbours he has had to leave to care for his father Bill, who has fallen ill. This leaves the door open for Le Vell to return, if he is cleared of the offences.

It has been speculated that another story idea was to have mechanic Kevin jailed for his part in the Tyrone Dobbs baby kidnap plot.

A source said: "Hopefully this will end speculation that Michael is not part of the Corrie family.

"Sending Kevin to look after his dad is an easy thing to do because it means he can come back whenever he likes.

"With this storyline it won't look odd if Kevin is away for a few months and it gives Michael the time to clear his name and then get back to work."

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (20-03-2013), lizann (24-03-2013), Snagglepus (20-03-2013), tammyy2j (20-03-2013)

Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell will stand trial in September over child sex allegations.

The actor, who plays Kevin Webster on the ITV soap, has been charged with 19 offences including raping a child, indecently assaulting a child and sexual activity with a child.

Le Vell, who was charged under his real name Michael Turner, appeared at Manchester Crown Court today (March 21) and was told that he will face trial from Monday, September 2.

The 48-year-old had asked for an earlier trial date, but the request was turned down, Sky News reports.

Le Vell spoke only to confirm his name during his court appearance today. He was bailed until Friday, May 17, when a plea hearing will take place.

In a statement released in February, the soap star vowed to clear his name, saying: "I would like to make it quite clear that following the serious allegations that have been brought against me on Thursday, February 14, 2013, I am innocent of these charges and intend to fight them vigorously."

ITV has confirmed that Le Vell will not appear in any further episodes of Coronation Street pending the outcome of legal proceedings.

He was previously arrested and questioned over the alleged child offences in September 2011, but the matter was later dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

The Daily Star reports that scenes filmed this week see Kevin's ex-partner Sally (Sally Dynevor, 49) tell her neighbours he has had to leave to care for his father Bill, who has fallen ill. This leaves the door open for Le Vell to return, if he is cleared of the offences.
    I shall be contacting ITV to find out what my commission fee is for giving them this idea!!!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-03-2013), parkerman (24-03-2013), Snagglepus (24-03-2013)

Thread Information