Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Brax

Home and Away's Darryl 'Brax' Braxton has been at the centre of the soap's biggest storylines since his arrival in early 2011, and with more dramas ahead for him in upcoming episodes, that doesn't look likely to change anytime soon.

In real life, Steve Peacocke - who plays Brax - has secured a nomination for 'Best Daytime Star' at the Inside Soap Awards, which take place in London next month.

Steve recently caught up with Digital Spy for a quick chat about his nomination and what's ahead for Brax.

Congratulations on your nomination for 'Best Daytime Star' at the Inside Soap Awards. How does it feel to be in the running?
    "It's great and such a surprise. Every time we roll up for a take, I forget that it's not just the cast and crew on set that see our work, but the whole of our Aussie audience - and UK audience! It's really heartening to know that so many viewers are enjoying our show and that I can play a small part in the process."

How do you rate your chances?
    "There are some really talented people nominated, so I don't rate my chances all that highly. It'd be great to bring home an award from the UK though."

Home and Away is also up for the 'Best Daytime Soap' prize. Can you tell us why you think people should vote for the show this year?
    "I can't really. I'm not a big fan of self-promotion and when it comes to theatre, film, TV or even sport, I'm all for voting with your feet - or your remote control! If you love something, you love it, no-one can convince you otherwise. And if the viewers out there enjoy the show as much as we all love making it, we could be in with a shot…"

It's been another busy year for you on Home and Away so far. What have the highlights been?
    "I really enjoyed the storylines with Andy McPhee, who plays our dad on the show. He was great to work with and I learnt a lot from him. And what's coming up in the weeks after his arrival was AWESOME to shoot. Very different to everyday Summer Bay…"

Will the Brax and Danny animosity always remain?
    "They hate each other. That won't change! It just makes things very dangerous for everyone."

This year has been different for you because you're not working with Esther Anderson (Charlie) anymore. Has that changed life for you on set much?
    "Esther was loved by everybody on set and everyone misses her a lot. Though it's good to know that the Charlie character is still such a big part of Brax's storyline and history. The tattoo he got for her - Cara de mo chroi (friend of my heart) - never leaves his side."

Natalie Davison is Brax's current love interest. Do you think this could become a serious relationship, or is Brax just wanting a bit of fun?
    "Brax is a pretty complicated bloke and also very protective - of himself and his family. He's not the type to go along with something just for the ride. Charlie was unique and will always hold a special place in his heart, but he needs to move on. Natalie's a pretty special woman, so yes it will be serious for him."

Given how popular the Brax and Charlie pairing was, were you nervous about how fans would react to a new romance story for your character? What kind of a reaction have you seen so far?
    "The reaction has been mixed, mostly because people miss the whole Charlie and Brax storyline. But the new relationship has been equally exciting to play and is taking a new direction. I think fans are really starting to see it as something new and enjoying it.

"It needed to be a slow burn for Brax, but the writers threw in a storyline that ignites the relationship in a big way. Viewers can look forward to one of the biggest storylines the show has ever put to air. Shooting it was one of the best weeks of my life, and we were a very long way from Summer Bay."

From interviews you gave at the time, it sounded like Brax's cage fighting story was a real challenge for you. Is there any more material on the way which has really pushed you?
    "It was an awesome storyline and I really hope we can return to it sometime in the future. The funny thing is, almost every scene or storyline pushes you in different ways. I try so hard to make my work real and true to the given circumstances of the story."

How long would you like to stay on Home and Away for? Will you be around for the 25th anniversary in January, and if so, are you looking forward to it?
    "A long time. Yes and yes!"

Can you give us any final hints on what is next for Brax?
    "I can't actually tell you. Some actors on our show like to know what's going on with their characters three months in advance, but I like to find out as it's happening. Every Sunday arvo I sit down with a cup of tea - or a long neck - put on some Frank Zappa and read what happens next. It's more exciting for me that way!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-08-2012), tammyy2j (16-08-2012)

Home and Away's Darryl 'Brax' Braxton has been at the centre of the soap's biggest storylines since his arrival in early 2011, and with more dramas ahead for him in upcoming episodes, that doesn't look likely to change anytime soon.

In real life, Steve Peacocke - who plays Brax - has secured a nomination for 'Best Daytime Star' at the Inside Soap Awards, which take place in London next month.

Steve recently caught up with Digital Spy for a quick chat about his nomination and what's ahead for Brax.

Congratulations on your nomination for 'Best Daytime Star' at the Inside Soap Awards. How does it feel to be in the running?
    "It's great and such a surprise. Every time we roll up for a take, I forget that it's not just the cast and crew on set that see our work, but the whole of our Aussie audience - and UK audience! It's really heartening to know that so many viewers are enjoying our show and that I can play a small part in the process."

How do you rate your chances?
    "There are some really talented people nominated, so I don't rate my chances all that highly. It'd be great to bring home an award from the UK though."

Home and Away is also up for the 'Best Daytime Soap' prize. Can you tell us why you think people should vote for the show this year?
    "I can't really. I'm not a big fan of self-promotion and when it comes to theatre, film, TV or even sport, I'm all for voting with your feet - or your remote control! If you love something, you love it, no-one can convince you otherwise. And if the viewers out there enjoy the show as much as we all love making it, we could be in with a shot…"

It's been another busy year for you on Home and Away so far. What have the highlights been?
    "I really enjoyed the storylines with Andy McPhee, who plays our dad on the show. He was great to work with and I learnt a lot from him. And what's coming up in the weeks after his arrival was AWESOME to shoot. Very different to everyday Summer Bay…"

Will the Brax and Danny animosity always remain?
    "They hate each other. That won't change! It just makes things very dangerous for everyone."

This year has been different for you because you're not working with Esther Anderson (Charlie) anymore. Has that changed life for you on set much?
    "Esther was loved by everybody on set and everyone misses her a lot. Though it's good to know that the Charlie character is still such a big part of Brax's storyline and history. The tattoo he got for her - Cara de mo chroi (friend of my heart) - never leaves his side."

Natalie Davison is Brax's current love interest. Do you think this could become a serious relationship, or is Brax just wanting a bit of fun?
    "Brax is a pretty complicated bloke and also very protective - of himself and his family. He's not the type to go along with something just for the ride. Charlie was unique and will always hold a special place in his heart, but he needs to move on. Natalie's a pretty special woman, so yes it will be serious for him."

Given how popular the Brax and Charlie pairing was, were you nervous about how fans would react to a new romance story for your character? What kind of a reaction have you seen so far?
    "The reaction has been mixed, mostly because people miss the whole Charlie and Brax storyline. But the new relationship has been equally exciting to play and is taking a new direction. I think fans are really starting to see it as something new and enjoying it.

"It needed to be a slow burn for Brax, but the writers threw in a storyline that ignites the relationship in a big way. Viewers can look forward to one of the biggest storylines the show has ever put to air. Shooting it was one of the best weeks of my life, and we were a very long way from Summer Bay."

From interviews you gave at the time, it sounded like Brax's cage fighting story was a real challenge for you. Is there any more material on the way which has really pushed you?
    "It was an awesome storyline and I really hope we can return to it sometime in the future. The funny thing is, almost every scene or storyline pushes you in different ways. I try so hard to make my work real and true to the given circumstances of the story."

How long would you like to stay on Home and Away for? Will you be around for the 25th anniversary in January, and if so, are you looking forward to it?
    "A long time. Yes and yes!"

Can you give us any final hints on what is next for Brax?
    "I can't actually tell you. Some actors on our show like to know what's going on with their characters three months in advance, but I like to find out as it's happening. Every Sunday arvo I sit down with a cup of tea - or a long neck - put on some Frank Zappa and read what happens next. It's more exciting for me that way!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Home and Away newcomer Natalie Davison decides to put her blossoming romance with Darryl 'Brax' Braxton on hold in an upcoming storyline.

Natalie and Brax are currently growing ever closer in episodes airing in Australia, but they soon agree to cool things down for the sake of Brax's younger brother Casey (Lincoln Younes).

With Natalie counselling Casey as he faces a charge for killing his father Danny, she realises that the teenager needs her full attention at the present time.

Catherine Mack, who plays Natalie, told TV Week of the storyline: "Natalie's worried their relationship will get in the way and Casey will stop talking to her if she's going out with his brother. She cares about helping Casey more than her own personal life."

Revealing that his character agrees with Natalie's decision, Brax actor Steve Peacocke commented: "Casey is the centre of his universe and Brax has pledged that he would be the father they didn't have.

"It leads to a point where they have to put their relationship on hold because of Casey and it's difficult for them both, but they both know it's best for Casey."

When Casey learns of the pair's decision, he insists that they should put themselves first - but Natalie stands firm.

However, Mack added that Natalie and Brax will be sharing plenty more screen time in the coming weeks.

She explained: "Their attraction to each other is undeniable, and even though it's not the key focus, they can't help but continue to be around each other and be attracted to each other. There's also definitely drama coming to the Bay where Natalie and Brax will have to join forces to work together."

Home and Away airs weeknights at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia. The show returns to Channel 5 in the UK on Monday, September 3 at 6pm.

Home and Away newcomer Natalie Davison decides to put her blossoming romance with Darryl 'Brax' Braxton on hold in an upcoming storyline.

Natalie and Brax are currently growing ever closer in episodes airing in Australia, but they soon agree to cool things down for the sake of Brax's younger brother Casey (Lincoln Younes).

With Natalie counselling Casey as he faces a charge for killing his father Danny, she realises that the teenager needs her full attention at the present time.

Catherine Mack, who plays Natalie, told TV Week of the storyline: "Natalie's worried their relationship will get in the way and Casey will stop talking to her if she's going out with his brother. She cares about helping Casey more than her own personal life."

Revealing that his character agrees with Natalie's decision, Brax actor Steve Peacocke commented: "Casey is the centre of his universe and Brax has pledged that he would be the father they didn't have.

"It leads to a point where they have to put their relationship on hold because of Casey and it's difficult for them both, but they both know it's best for Casey."

When Casey learns of the pair's decision, he insists that they should put themselves first - but Natalie stands firm.

However, Mack added that Natalie and Brax will be sharing plenty more screen time in the coming weeks.

She explained: "Their attraction to each other is undeniable, and even though it's not the key focus, they can't help but continue to be around each other and be attracted to each other. There's also definitely drama coming to the Bay where Natalie and Brax will have to join forces to work together."

Home and Away airs weeknights at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia. The show returns to Channel 5 in the UK on Monday, September 3 at 6pm.

Over on Home and Away, Darryl 'Brax' Braxton grows closer to Natalie Davison despite attempting to push her away.

Brax (Steve Peacocke) seems ready to distance himself from Natalie (Catherine Mack) later this month, making it clear that he wants her to back off as she continues to pry into his personal life.

Natalie's concerns increase, however, as Brax vows to give up on his brother Casey - furious that he is spending so much time with their father Danny. Brax is unaware that Casey is merely playing double agent, determined to find out what Danny is up to.

As Natalie urges Brax to keep trying with Casey, he brushes her off by insisting that he isn't the good man she thinks he is.

Natalie dismisses this, and when she continues to push things with Brax, sparks fly as they kiss and end up sleeping together…

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Friday, September 21 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Home and Away star Catherine Mack has said that bad boy Brax's life may be too "complicated" for her character Natalie Davison.

The pair have become an item in recent weeks, but things are about to turn sour on Australian screens as Natalie decides that she cannot be with Brax (Steve Peacocke) anymore.

Natalie's choice comes after an adventure in the desert with Brax and his younger brother Casey (Lincoln Younes).

Mack told TV Week: "I think she was a little bit shaken up because Brax was about to skip town with Casey and didn't really care about her or take her feelings into consideration.

"He expected her to come along and leave her life that she's set up in Summer Bay. The realisation sets in when she gets back, and she can't be with someone whose life is so complicated.

"She had such a happy life before she met Brax and it's just been one thing after another. She thinks that maybe they would be better off without each other."

However, Mack added that Natalie is unlikely to find a new love interest in Summer Bay anytime soon.

She said: "Not in the near future. She seems pretty focused on her work and running. She does a lot of running on the beach and is focusing on being healthy and fit, and not thinking about Brax."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia, and weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 in the UK.

Home and Away star Steve Peacocke has revealed that his character Brax will be left in turmoil over his feelings for Natalie Davison.

The on-off couple share a kiss in the soap's 2012 season finale week, bringing them together for the first time since Natalie dumped Brax after their adventure in the desert.

Peacocke told TV Week: "What brought them together initially was Natalie working with Casey and it's been on again, off again, but they realise there are still feelings between them.

"There's a history between them now. They know more about each other and he would like to be with her."

However, it seems that the pair's troubles are not over, as Brax is given food for thought when John Palmer rebukes him for spending time with unsavoury characters like Adam Sharpe.

Reminded of his tragic relationship with Charlie Buckton, Brax realises that it may be best to stay away from Natalie (Catherine Mack) for her own sake.

Peacocke added: "It touches a raw nerve because [John] reminds Brax of what he is. Brax has got this tattoo on his hand that reminds him that he had the love of his life [Charlie] and she's gone because of him."

Whatever happens, viewers can expect more twists and turns between the duo in 2013 as Natalie's ex-boyfriend will arrive in the Bay, which leaves Brax feeling threatened.

Peacocke confirmed: "He's a bit of an alpha male, Brax is, and he does go into domination mode!

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2DLUPNWNB

Home and Away star Steve Peacocke has told Digital Spy that his character Brax's "jealous streak" may emerge in an upcoming storyline.

Viewers have seen Brax in an on-off relationship with counsellor Natalie Davison (Catherine Mack) in recent months, and Peacocke confirmed that the twists and turns for the pair aren't over yet.

Peacocke told Digital Spy: "There's no happy ever after! He likes her, but what's about to happen is someone else in the Bay might have his eye on Natalie. So you might see the jealous streak in Brax come out and the alpha male!"

Asked whether Brax's grief for his last partner Charlie Buckton is causing problems, the actor replied: "Absolutely. You can't just get over someone who you felt that strongly for.

"It's one of those on again, off again things - but he wants to be with [Natalie]. It's whether or not he can convince her that he's not just a lot of trouble, because that's all he is so far!"

Peacocke also confirmed that things won't quieten down for the Braxtons this year despite an eventful 2012.

He said: "We're lucky. Every time I pick up the scripts I think, 'Oh man, they'll have to stop giving us this stuff'. I'm continually surprised and excited by all the cool stuff we get to do."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia.

Home and Away bad boy Brax will face another life-or-death situation after his niece Darcy is kidnapped.

An upcoming storyline on the Summer Bay soap sees Brax risk his own safety when he discovers that Darcy has been snatched by villainous Adam Sharpe (Martin Lynes).

Adam takes the schoolgirl to force her father Heath (Dan Ewing) to complete a dangerous drugs deal for him. However, Brax soon makes the big decision to step in and carry out the job himself.

Steve Peacocke, who plays Brax, told TV Week: "Adam's using Darcy as collateral to get Heath to do a very dodgy drug deal. It's at that point where Brax thinks, 'Heath, you've got a daughter, but me? I've got no dependants', so Brax decides to step in and do it himself - because he doesn't want Darcy to potentially be without a dad.

"He knows what it's like to be brought up without parents and doesn't want that life for Darcy."

Viewers will see that the arrangement turns out to be just as dangerous as expected, with the ruthless drug dealer carrying a gun and preparing to use it on Brax.

Fortunately, Heath arrives just in time to save his brother from the gunman. Wrongly assuming that he's now safe, Brax then heads off to confront Adam.

However, during a heated and emotional confrontation between Adam and Brax, the angry drug dealer returns to haunt both men following the failed exchange - speeding right towards them in his car.

Although Peacocke kept tight-lipped about what happens next, he warned: "It doesn't end well."

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia, and in March on Channel 5 in the UK.

Home and Away's Darryl 'Brax' Braxton will finally move on from ex-girlfriend Natalie Davison when a face from his past arrives in Summer Bay.

Brax is bowled over when old friend Ricky Sharpe, played by Bonnie Sveen, makes an unexpected appearance in the Bay for Bianca and Heath's engagement party.

Steve Peacocke, who plays Brax, told TV Week: "She's been a family friend since Brax was a teenager, and she's also Adam's little sister. Ricky was always the cheeky younger sister. She was always too young, but now she's grown up and looks great!

"The chemistry has always been there, and now that the shackles are off, they can really make something of it."

Brax feels an immediate spark as he catches up with Ricky at the party, so he soon invites her back to his place for a night of passion.

Although both agree that this is just a casual fling for now, Peacocke has refused to rule out a more serious relationship for the pair.

He explained: "It's been a while since Brax felt that spark and it's good. I love it when Brax is with a girl, because the other side of him can come out - the funny side, where he's not trying to control everything.

"Ricky is a ball of energy and she takes Brax back to a happier time, when life was a bit simpler. He knows everything is good at the moment, but he can't give her all this trust straight away, so it's definitely more of a physical thing to begin with.

"It's just whether Ricky's past will get in the way, because she does have one - and it's pretty intense."

Thread Information