Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brax

Home and Away star Steve Peacocke has admitted that he expected to be axed by the soap's producers during his early days of filming.

The actor has been part of the long-running drama for over a year, and his bad boy character Brax has become one of the show's most popular faces.

However, Peacocke told Adelaide Now that it took time before he felt confident in the role.

Peacocke explained: "I was so nervous in the first four or five weeks - I was certain I was going to get booted off the show.

"I didn't feel great about what I was doing. It was like running on to the field half way through a game of footy when everyone else has warmed up. As my confidence has grown, I've enjoyed it more."

The 30-year-old also reiterated his desire to pursue US film work at some point in the future.

"That is where I want to end up," he confirmed. "I've heard from different casting agents that there is something about Australian blokes that resonates in America. There's a manliness to what we've got."

Brax is currently featuring in major storylines on Home and Away in the aftermath of his lover Charlie's shooting.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Home and Away aired heartbreaking scenes on Channel 5 tonight (February 14) as Charlie Buckton passed away in hospital - leaving her lover Brax devastated.

In the aftermath of the much-loved character's tragic shooting, Brax and the rest of Charlie's loved ones were forced to accept that her ventilator should be turned off as there was nothing more that the doctors could do.

In real life, Esther Anderson decided to bow out from her role as Charlie last year in a bid to pursue new projects, which prompted show bosses to create her explosive exit plot.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Steve Peacocke, who plays Brax, to hear his thoughts on the emotional storyline and his alter ego's future.

How did you first hear that Esther Anderson would be leaving Home and Away?
    "Esther told me that she was coming to the end of her contract and that they were writing Charlie out in a way that was pretty final. Because she'd had such an awesome time playing Charlie and had so many different and exciting storylines, she thought it was a good time to leave. Though she was sad!"

How did you feel about the writers killing off Charlie?
    "I was initially pretty sad, because I really enjoyed working with Esther and our scenes were always the best fun to film. But I also thought that it was a really gutsy decision from her. She's so loved by everyone on the show and in production that I'm sure if she'd wanted to, they would have found a way to write her out in a less final way.

"But Esther thought she'd given the show and the fans her best and was ready for new challenges without the comfort of a fallback plan. I really respect that and I think that attitude along with her talent will ensure fans will be seeing her work for a long time to come."

Was it emotional filming the tragic hospital scenes at Charlie's bedside?
    "It was pretty full-on stuff, but it all just happened for me in terms of the emotional stuff, and thankfully the cameras were rolling. I don't find it hard to dig up that kind of thing, and I found that I was able to just get sucked up into what was happening around me.

"But as draining as it was shooting all those scenes, we still found time to joke around. Esther and the crew are funny people no matter how deep the stories get!"

You also had to film scenes showing Brax vengeful and furious with Jake. Was it challenging to portray such a wide range of emotions?
    "Not really, as I love all the aggressive stuff, and I found it easy to get caught up in the emotional scenes. All those medical machines, the gun, the set, make it pretty easy to make the imaginative leap into those circumstances. It was the only time I've been truly exhausted at the end of a week's shooting, but I reckon it turned out okay. I hope it did, anyway!"

What was it like saying goodbye to Esther after you had filmed your final scenes together?
    "I was pretty sad, but as soon as they called cut on the last scene, which was literally the shot where you see Charlie's heart rate flat-lining, there were cakes and flowers and the whole of the production office was down to celebrate and give Esther big clap. It was like the full time whistle at a game of footy - if it's been a good game, everybody's happy and ready for a beer."

Are you planning to stay in touch with Esther?
    "Hopefully I'll bump into her somewhere around the traps. I'll be interested to follow her career post Home and Away. With her mix of talent, humility and craziness, I know she'll be a success. Everyone - from cast to crew to production - loved working with her. It's one thing to have talent, but having people loving to work with you is what keeps you employed."

Charlie's fate was kept under wraps until the episodes were first broadcast. Was it difficult to keep quiet over such a huge storyline twist?
    "It was pretty difficult, because you can't give storylines away, but you can't lie to people either. I just chose to say very little!"

How long can you see this affecting Brax for?
    "A long time! Charlie is still motivating Brax in the stuff we're shooting now."

Are you hoping that Brax stays single for a while out of respect for Charlie?
    "Yes, but he's a man in dire straits. And no-one knows what they're going to do when he really hits rock bottom."

Fans are already speculating over a possible Brax and Leah romance. Do you think there's any chance of that, or is the speculation wide off the mark?
    "I can't say. All I can say is he really misses Charlie!"

We see Ruby blame Brax for Charlie's death. How does Brax feel about that?
    "He understands Ruby's feelings towards him and he does feel guilty about what's happened. He's absolutely gutted. And for that reason, he'll always feel obligated to look out for Ruby, whether she likes him or not."

Brax left the River Boys for Charlie. Can you see him slipping back into his old ways without her around?
    "Charlie is still a big part of his motivation. He knows she made a big impact on his life and he wants to honour that as much as he can."

Are you sticking around in Home and Away for the foreseeable future?
    "Hopefully! There's still a lot to explore with Brax and some of the stuff coming up has been awesome to shoot. I can genuinely say that one day of filming we did for an upcoming storyline was the best day of my life. Stay tuned."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Home And Away's Steve Peacocke enjoyed showing off his fighting skills on screen, he has revealed.

The 30-year-old had to punch and duck, as his bad boy alter-ego River Boy Darryl 'Brax' Braxton starts taking part in cage fights, following the death of his lover Charlie Buckton (Esther Anderson) in the Australian soap.

"It was unreal. I've been in a few punch-ups, but I wouldn't call myself a fighter," he told Australia's TV Week.

"We had about 12 hours of fight rehearsal with the stunt coordinator. I wanted to go hell for leather with the slams and being thrown into the fence. I ended up with lots of cuts and grazes, but I loved it. It was like a good, hard game of footy."

Steve, who joined Home And Away in 2011, admitted he thought he would face the chop during his early days on the show.

"I was so nervous in the first four or five weeks - I was certain I was going to get booted off the show," he told Adelaide Now.

"I didn't feel great about what I was doing. As my confidence has grown, I've enjoyed it more."

The actor said his dream is to work in the States, following in the footsteps of fellow stars Ryan Kwanten and Chris Hemsworth.

"That is where I want to end up. I've heard from different casting agents that there is something about Australian blokes that resonates in America," he added.

PA

I hope he dont get with Leah and that she becomes pregnant by him

Home and Away bad boy Brax will be rushed to hospital when one of his cage fights goes wrong.

Brax puts himself in danger by taking part in another tough battle even though he isn't fit to fight.

The story begins when the businessman is knocked unconscious during a burglary at Angelo's. Soon afterwards, he decides to go ahead with an upcoming match regardless of the setback.

Steve Peacocke, who plays Brax, told TV Week: "Leah has another go at talking him out of it, but there's no chance - he knows he wants to do it. He knows it's coming from a kind place, but it's none of her business.

"I think he knows the stakes are definitely higher and he's risking his own wellbeing, but it's a gamble he's prepared to take. Considering the pain he's in anyway, he doesn't think it could get any worse."

Peacocke added: "He wins the fight, but he's taken so many blows to the head - and that, coupled with the mugging, tips him over the edge and he passes out and has a fit."

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia and next month on Channel 5 in the UK.

Home and Away's Brax will show his darker side when lawyer Hayley O'Connor returns to Summer Bay.

Hayley (Alyssa McClelland) arrives back on Australian screens next week as Brax's brother Heath (Dan Ewing) wants her advice on how to stop pregnant Bianca from leaving the area with his unborn child.

However, Brax is unhappy to see Hayley as he blames her for the death of his late partner Charlie - knowing that she helped to get Jack Pirovic out of jail before he committed the tragic crime.

Desperate to get answers and considering revenge, Brax forces Hayley into a car and takes her to a deadly cliff-top location.

Steve Peacocke, who plays Brax, told TV Week: "He's feeling all this anger and pain from seeing her, and he feels like he has to do something. Without thinking, he gets her in a car and takes her out there. He's frightened by what he thinks he could do.

"It goes against his grain, but she's taken the love of his life from him, and desperate people do desperate things in desperate circumstances."

The actor added: "He isn't thinking straight and he's on the verge of making a very big mistake. It's whether his better instincts kick in before he does anything too drastically wrong. There's definitely something in his eye that the audience may not have seen before."

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia and in May on Channel 5 in the UK.

Home and Away will feature episodes filmed in Melbourne, Channel Seven has announced.

The Australian soap is filming in the city - the second largest in the country - this week.

Set to air at some point later this year, River Boys Brax (Steve Peacocke) and Heath (Dan Ewing) will provide the focus of the special episodes.

Shot mostly in the inner city, famous locations include Flinders Street Station, Federation Square and the Yarra River.

Series producer Lucy Addario teased: "We are excited to bring Home and Away to Melbourne again. We have a great Melbourne story that needs to be told and we look forward to working with local cast and crew.

"Fans can expect to see what The River Boys get up to outside of Summer Bay and the lengths they will go to protect their family."

In its 25-year history, Home and Away's characters have hardly been seen outside Summer Bay, this being only the second time scenes have been filmed in Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

In its 25-year history, Home and Away's characters have hardly been seen outside Summer Bay, this being only the second time scenes have been filmed in Melbourne.
    I'm pretty sure there have been more episodes in Melbourne. There was the time one of the kids ran away, Melody I think it was. That wasn't too long ago. I think the Sutherlands went to Melbourne too.
    Thanks CrazyLea

One of Home and Away's River Boys will be left for dead in an upcoming storyline, it has been revealed.

Brax will be brutally attacked outside Angelo's before being dumped in a forest by a group of thugs outside.

Steve Peacocke, who plays the eldest River Boy Brax, predicts that criminal father Danny could have ordered the attack.

"You'd think with father and son that blood is thicker than water, but that's why Brax is so afraid of him: he knows Danny would get rid of him in a heartbeat," Peacocke told TV Week.

"Maybe taking Brax out of the equation is his way of having a relationship with the boys. No-one knows how far Danny will go?"

Danny, who recently arrived in Summer Bay after being released from jail, manages to persuade Heath (Dan Ewing) and Casey (Lincoln Younes) that he is a changed man.

Peacocke added: "Danny is the one Brax is truly afraid of, because he's everything Brax could be but doesn't want to be.

"It's completely frustrating for Brax, because he knows what this bloke is all about, yet neither of his brothers will take his word for it.

"He argued with them at first, but he has to let them find out themselves, even though he's kind of unleashing the devil really."

Home and Away's Brax and Natalie will collapse into each other's arms in a moment of passion in an upcoming storyline.

Natalie will fall in love with the River Boy, looking beneath his dodgy drug dealings in episodes to air this week on Australia's Seven Network and in September on Channel 5 in the UK.

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

Catherine Mack, who plays Natalie, told TVWeek: "She can see through his act. She believes with her whole heart he's a good person. She will not stop until she makes him realise that.

"It kind of just happens. She wants to help him and soothe him. Then, it's on, and neither of them is thinking about what they're doing. Caution is thrown to the wind.

"There's chemistry and electricity between them. But, the minute it happens, she's thinking, 'Oh my God, have I crossed the line?'"

Steve Peacocke, Summer Bay's Brax, added: "When he's at a low point, she pounces. He's vulnerable and he thinks, 'Why not?'"

However, Peacocke added that the pair begin to "regret" and "rethink" their actions in the following days.

Thread Information