Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brax

Brax

Home and Away star Steve Peacocke has confirmed that his character Brax is to leave on-off girlfriend Charlie stunned by growing close to another woman in a forthcoming storyline.

Brax hits rock bottom when his youngest brother Casey (Lincoln Younes) is sent to jail for arson in scenes which air in Australia later this month. However, in a twist, Brax soon finds himself receiving comfort from Casey's lawyer Hayley, played by Alyssa McClelland.

Peacocke told TV Week: "Hayley is quite cunning, because she knows he's in a bad place. She sees the opportunity to go in when he's at his low point."

Charlie (Esther Anderson) receives a shock when she witnesses the pair kissing as she had been considering whether to reunite with Brax.

"She thinks Brax has moved on and there's nothing to stop him from moving on," Peacocke confirmed.

The actor also promised that there will be an air of intrigue surrounding Hayley and her intentions in the upcoming episodes.

Peacocke said: "There are some encounters for the audience to look forward to, and there's a bit of a mystery behind Hayley and why she's in the Bay."

Home and Away airs these scenes next week in Australia and in the winter on Channel 5 in the UK.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (04-10-2011), kmmh58 (04-10-2011), tammyy2j (04-10-2011)

This is Hayley
    Attached Images Attached Images

So that is who Hayley is I was thinking it was Will's sister

I like Brax and Charlie together. She has been good for him.
    He keeps trying to change his ways, but gets pulled back in by the actions of his family.
    M C F C

Home and Away star Steve Peacocke has defended the soap's darker moments, insisting that the show's team should continue to "push boundaries" when it comes to storylines.

Home and Away's PG rating allows the programme to explore grittier topics like drugs, domestic violence and gangs - but its hard-hitting moments have occasionally sparked complaints from Australian viewers.

However, Peacocke - who plays Summer Bay bad boy Brax - told The West Australian: "If Home and Away shows drug use it also shows what happens if you take drugs - it shows the consequences. You know, if you can educate the public then you have contributed to society a little bit, as long as it's not gratuitous, and you can learn something from it.

"I think you have got to be reasonable and consider the 7pm timeslot and the audience that will be watching at the time. Some nights there are adult themes, but we aren't living in a nanny state just yet and as long as parents are responsible, it's okay to push boundaries."

Peacocke also admitted that he caught up with previous Home and Away episodes when he first landed the role of Brax and was surprised by the soap's quality.

"I didn't realise how good the show had become," he explained. "When something is classified as a soap it has a certain stigma attached to it, but [Home and Away] is more of a drama, I think."

Brax and his brothers Heath (Dan Ewing) and Casey (Lincoln Younes) have been on screen in Home and Away since the beginning of the year.

Home and Away star Steve Peacocke has revealed that fans will soon see a darker side to his character Brax.

Brax faces terrible turmoil in episodes soon to air in Australia, as he discovers that his lover Charlie is critically injured after being shot.

While Charlie is receiving emergency treatment at the hospital, an inconsolable Brax is determined to get revenge when he learns that Jake Pirovic (Fletcher Humphrys) was the culprit.

Peacocke told TV Week: "He's a bloke who doesn't tolerate anything bad happening to the people he loves - especially Charlie. He wants to kill this bloke."

He continued: "This is the Brax people have only heard about till now. He came to Summer Bay with a reputation, and the audience is about to see why he has that reputation. He's had to fight his whole life, and that side really comes out now as this is the worst thing that could happen to him."

Home and Away bosses and cast members are still keeping tight-lipped over whether Charlie will live or die. However, reports have suggested that Esther Anderson - who plays the character - has quit the soap.

Rebecca Breeds, who plays Charlie's daughter Ruby, commented: "Charlie's been shot, so it's serious, but there is hope and doctors are amazing these days. Miracles do happen and nothing is written in stone. There is definitely a chance Charlie could make a full recovery."

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia and in February on Channel 5 in the UK.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kmmh58 (18-01-2012)

Home and Away bad boy Brax will try to commit arson as his life spirals out of control in an upcoming episode.

Brax has recently been left devastated on screen in Australia after his girlfriend Charlie (Esther Anderson) was shot, leaving her life hanging in the balance.

However, TV Week reports that Brax's troubles are only just beginning as menacing Geoffrey King soon starts threatening to take Angelo's from him.

Deciding that he would rather be rid of the problem once and for all, unstable Brax pays a visit to the restaurant with the aim of torching the place.

Steve Peacocke, who plays Brax, told the magazine: "Brax isn't firing on all cylinders and he's under the pump, and he's turned to the bottle a little bit to help him get through.

"It creates more of a problem, and that becomes the next problem he has to deal with."

As Brax comes up with his desperate plan, fans will be left to wonder whether he will actually go through with it.

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia and next month on Channel 5 in the UK.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kmmh58 (23-01-2012)

Home and Away bad boy Brax will begin taking part in cage fights in a forthcoming storyline, it has been revealed.

The businessman embarks on the surprising new path as he wants some quick cash to pay back Leah Patterson-Baker (Ada Nicodemou) after she gave money to Geoffrey King on his behalf.

Steve Peacocke, who plays Brax, told TV Week: "He's angry that Leah stepped in for him. He's someone who likes to get everything done himself. He's pretty old school - he wouldn't like a girl and a friend coming to his rescue."

Brax's latest story also comes as he continues to struggle with the death of his lover Charlie (Esther Anderson).

Peacocke continued: "[Brax has] had this horrible loss and is really lost at sea at the moment. All his focus before was on Charlie, getting out of the River Boys and making a new life. Now that's gone and he's feeling a lot of pain.

"Like a lot of blokes, the way they deal with that isn't to hurt themselves, but to put themselves in harm's way. If something was to happen to him, he wouldn't care. It would almost solve his problems."

Peacocke added that he enjoyed the opportunity to film such intense scenes.

"It was unreal. I've been in a few punch-ups, but I wouldn't call myself a fighter," he said. "We had about 12 hours of fight rehearsal with the stunt coordinator.

"I wanted to go hell for leather with the slams and being thrown into the fence. I ended up with lots of cuts and grazes, but I loved it. It was like a good, hard game of footy."

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia and mid-March on Channel 5 in the UK.

It is all happening in Summer Bay what a dangerous place to live

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Home and Away bad boy Brax will begin taking part in cage fights in a forthcoming storyline, it has been revealed.

The businessman embarks on the surprising new path as he wants some quick cash to pay back Leah Patterson-Baker (Ada Nicodemou) after she gave money to Geoffrey King on his behalf.

Steve Peacocke, who plays Brax, told TV Week: "He's angry that Leah stepped in for him. He's someone who likes to get everything done himself. He's pretty old school - he wouldn't like a girl and a friend coming to his rescue."

Brax's latest story also comes as he continues to struggle with the death of his lover Charlie (Esther Anderson).

Peacocke continued: "[Brax has] had this horrible loss and is really lost at sea at the moment. All his focus before was on Charlie, getting out of the River Boys and making a new life. Now that's gone and he's feeling a lot of pain.

"Like a lot of blokes, the way they deal with that isn't to hurt themselves, but to put themselves in harm's way. If something was to happen to him, he wouldn't care. It would almost solve his problems."

Peacocke added that he enjoyed the opportunity to film such intense scenes.

"It was unreal. I've been in a few punch-ups, but I wouldn't call myself a fighter," he said. "We had about 12 hours of fight rehearsal with the stunt coordinator.

"I wanted to go hell for leather with the slams and being thrown into the fence. I ended up with lots of cuts and grazes, but I loved it. It was like a good, hard game of footy."

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia and mid-March on Channel 5 in the UK.
    Isn't this the same thing Ric did a few years ago? I'd have preferred Brax to return to drug smuggling over cage fighting.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information