Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Carp and Brian Packham

CORRIE star Katy Cavanagh has given birth to her third child after a real-life Call The Midwife delivery.
    The star who plays flaky factory worker Julie Carp in the soap, used Independent Midwives UK – a firm that operates outside of the NHS – to help deliver her son Jacobi at home.
    And she was so impressed she has pledged to help battle against laws that could make independent midwives ILLEGAL.
    New government legislation will outlaw the home service if they do not have suitable insurance – which is difficult to get.
    Katy said: “It’s vital women have a choice of who cares for them during pregnancy and birth. I have nothing but praise for the NHS but they were unable to provide me with a known midwife or guarantee the birth of my choice.”
    Corrie fans have not seen infertile Julie for months after she was written out when Katy became pregnant.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Any idea when Brian exits on screen?

Coronation Street actress Katy Cavanagh has tipped her character Julie Carp to search for a new love interest after current partner Brian Packham leaves the soap.

Fans know that Peter Gunn, who plays Brian, will soon be bowing out on screen after show bosses decided to write out his character.

While exact details of Brian's exit have yet to be revealed, Julie will be heartbroken as her relationship comes to an end.

Cavanagh admitted: "She's going to be devastated and moan for England. However, with Julie being Julie, she will bounce back. She's a bit of a survivor and as long as she has her family around her and she doesn't get too lonely, I think she'll try and find herself a new man."

On the departure of co-star Gunn, she added: "I'm absolutely beside myself. I will miss him terribly. He's a fantastic actor and it's been amazing to work with him. Brian and Julie have just been heaven and worked really well as characters together."

Upcoming episodes will show the couple start to drift apart as Brian struggles to tell Julie that he doesn't want to foster children.

Brian is also offered a new job in Wales but fails to tell Julie anything about it.

Cavanagh explained: "It's actually Todd who finally lets slip about the job. He randomly comes up to her in the street when she's getting her Christmas cards and tells her. I think the fact that she doesn't find out by Brian makes it even worse for Julie to grasp.

"I think she would like to forgive him, but this is a huge thing for Julie. She won't see it as just a little white lie because this affects her whole life.

"This might be the wake-up call that shows her that things aren't working and they both want different things. They both really love each other but I'm not sure if they can make a compromise. Julie wants children but Brian doesn't and Julie is going to have to realise that Brian's not going to shift."

Last edited by tammyy2j; 12-11-2013 at 23:39.

Poor Julie. Would make a really good mum. Hope she finds a partner who has kids and is on his own.

Coronation Street's Katy Cavanagh: 'More to discover about Julie'

Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh has revealed that she would like to delve deeper into the "vulnerable" side of her character Julie Carp.

Julie is heading for heartbreak over the next fortnight, as her relationship with Brian Packham breaks down when they are forced to accept that they want different things.

Peter Gunn, who plays Brian, has left the ITV soap and his final scenes air next week.

Speaking on ITV's Lorraine this morning (December 10), Cavanagh explained: "She's so in love with him, or in love with her idea of who she wants him to be, and she's not really dealing with the reality of Brian. I don't think she's ever really dealt with the reality of Brian!"

Asked whether Julie will feature more on screen as a consequence of the story, the actress replied: "You never know. We never get told anything. But I hope so. I think there's a lot more that you could discover about her.

"It'd be nice to see her behind closed doors a little bit, because I think there's a real vulnerability to her. I think she's lonely and I think she wants a family. She wants to be part of something."

Cavanagh also discussed the upcoming on-screen exit of Julie Hesmondhalgh's terminally-ill character Hayley Cropper, who will end her own life in January in a 'right to die' storyline.

She said: "It's honestly been real. We're all still grieving. We miss her so much. The funeral, because we've shot all that now, was heartbreaking."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...#ixzz2n58qUmrC

Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh has decided to leave the show after seven years in the role of Julie Carp.

The actress has chosen not to renew her current contract with the ITV soap but will remain on screen until late spring.

Julie's exit storyline will see her decide to move away from Weatherfield after her relationship with Dev Alahan (Jimmi Harkishin) runs into trouble.

When Dev returns to the cobbles after a trip to India, the couple's romance starts to unravel - prompting Julie to rethink her life and seek a fresh start elsewhere.

In a statement released today (February 4), Cavanagh commented: "I have decided it's time to take a break from the cobbles and pursue other projects and opportunities.

"I have loved every minute in the world of Julie Carp and I'm not ruling out a return to the Street in the future. However, I am looking forward to a new challenge and a pair of flat shoes."

Julie begs Dev not to go on his trip
    © ITV
    Julie and Dev

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn added: "Julie Carp has become a warm, wonderful and eccentric character able to raise a laugh and a tear in the same scene.

"Everyone at Corrie wishes Katy all the very best and hopefully as far as Julie is concerned, the cobbles haven't seen the last of her."

Cavanagh joined the show's cast in early 2008.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-02-2015), maidmarian (04-02-2015), swmc66 (04-02-2015), tammyy2j (04-02-2015)

I'm sad to see Julie go but I don't blame Katy. She hasn't had much to do in the last seven years, and I know from seeing her in other roles that she's a very good actor.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (04-02-2015), Perdita (04-02-2015), tammyy2j (04-02-2015)

That is a shame, she was underused and the actress is good at comedy and drama and her and Dev had so much potential imo

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-02-2015), maidmarian (04-02-2015), parkerman (04-02-2015), Perdita (04-02-2015)

Yes shame she is leaving. Means Mary will still have a big hold over him.

Thread Information