Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Carp and Brian Packham

Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh has predicted that her eccentric character Julie Carp will forgive partner Brian Packham after he wrongly accuses her of an affair.

Brian (Peter Gunn) has been left in turmoil after learning that Julie is pregnant, fearing that he can't be the father as he had a vasectomy some time ago.

After Brian accuses Julie of sleeping with another man, the pair visit Doctor Carter (Oliver Mellor) at the medical centre later this week - hoping for an explanation.

Cavanagh told This Morning today: "[At first], Julie's got absolutely no idea why Brian's not over the moon as well. Obviously they've been trying extremely hard to make babies! It's going to completely knock her for six.

"Doctor Carter's going to put it all right. He's going to tell us that apparently, if you have a vasectomy, it's not always 100%. It's all going to come alright in the end, but Brian's really hurt her."

Asked whether Julie can forgive and forget Brian's accusation, the actress replied: "Well, Julie's got a lovely goldfish kind of memory, I think! She likes everything to be lovely.

"I love her, she's brilliant. It's lovely being nice!"

Cavanagh added that she is expecting more comic scenes for the pair as they prepare for parenthood.

She said: "Julie will love it. She'll be reading every book, she'll be looking at every possible thing - natural birth and all sorts. She'll be having Brian doing all sorts of mad stuff, I think!"

Coronation Street continues on Friday at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh has joked that her character Julie Carp would probably make her own maternity clothes.

The factory worker is expecting a baby with her headteacher boyfriend Brian Packham (Peter Gunn), although her pregnancy got off to a rocky start when Brian revealed he had undergone a vasectomy and accused Julie of cheating.

"I should imagine Julie will be having some very interesting maternity outfits that she can make herself. That will be good fun," Cavanagh told MSN.

"I think [Julie and Brian are] all sorted now. They're on cloud nine and they're very excited about being parents. Julie's very, very happy, I think she's never been this happy.

"Julie just thinks Brian's amazing, so he's going to be this incredible father in Julie's head. I would imagine she is probably putting a lot of pressure on him, but I don't think Julie would think so.

"She has her own version of life, doesn't she? As far as she's concerned, Brian is absolutely delirious about having a baby and it's all going to be fabulous."

The 38-year-old actress recently signed up to play the Angel of the North in the Corrie stage musical Street Of Dreams.

Coronation Street's Katy Cavanagh is reportedly pregnant.

The actress, who plays Julie Carp in the Weatherfield soap, is said to be expecting her third child with filmmaker husband Chris Jupe.

Coronation Street Blog reports that Cavanagh is due to give birth in the spring of next year.

She and Jupe are already parents to Noah, 8, and Jemma, 5.

The real-life development leaves Coronation Street producers in an awkward situation, as they will be unable to write her pregnancy into the storyline.

Cavanagh's character Julie had her ovaries removed earlier this year after a growth led to a false result on a pregnancy test.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...#ixzz2DUP30L1l Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

CORRIE favourite Peter Gunn has been axed from the soap, The Sun can reveal.
    The actor, who plays Brian Packham, was given the boot by new producer Stuart Blackburn last week.
    Peter, who first appeared in Weatherfield in April 2010, will leave the cobbles later this year.
    The shock axing — the first since ex-Emmerdale boss Stuart took the reins — has sparked fears that more stars could soon be heading for the exit.
    An ITV source said: “Brian goes down well with the viewers. They love his light-hearted banter. Peter has done a brilliant job in developing the character.
    “Most of the staff thought his position was as safe as houses. So when the news came out of the blue that he was getting the chop, people were shocked.
    “It is nerve-racking when someone new comes in to try to change things. It was expected that a younger star with little connection to viewers would be the first out. But it seems the new boss felt the character was running out of steam for the future.
    “Peter will be missed by lots of people around here. And the atmosphere on set has become very tense because everyone is wondering who will be next.”
    Peter became a regular when previous bosses decided to flesh out his English teacher bit-part.
    They saw his bumbling character as an easy source of comedy — and he soon became a hit with viewers.
    After landing the job of head at Bessie Street School, he kicked off a steamy relationship with factory worker Julie Carp, played by Katy Cavanagh.
    A Corrie spokesman said last night: “Peter will leave at the end of his current contract.
    “The decision is purely storyline-driven. Peter is a great actor who has made the character of Brian Packham a joy to watch.”
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Last edited by alan45; 18-02-2013 at 10:23.

awwww I like Brian, and I liked the relationship between Brain and Julie. What a shame.
    Still, I suppose with the actress who plays Julie on maternity leave soon, they didn`t know how to write for Brian when Julie leaves for maternity leave. That`s sloppy writing in my opinion.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-02-2013), Perdita (18-02-2013), tammyy2j (18-02-2013)

double post
    Last edited by TaintedLove; 18-02-2013 at 07:50.

I quite like Brian as a character and his relationship with Julie, but I'll be glad if he goes just so they can get rid of the totally unrealistic portrayal of the role of a headmaster in a modern-day primary school!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

alan45 (18-02-2013), parkerman (18-02-2013), tammyy2j (18-02-2013)

I couldn't agree more, LV.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (18-02-2013)

CORRIE star Katy Cavanagh has given birth to her third child after a real-life Call The Midwife delivery.
    The star who plays flaky factory worker Julie Carp in the soap, used Independent Midwives UK – a firm that operates outside of the NHS – to help deliver her son Jacobi at home.
    And she was so impressed she has pledged to help battle against laws that could make independent midwives ILLEGAL.
    New government legislation will outlaw the home service if they do not have suitable insurance – which is difficult to get.
    Katy said: “It’s vital women have a choice of who cares for them during pregnancy and birth. I have nothing but praise for the NHS but they were unable to provide me with a known midwife or guarantee the birth of my choice.”
    Corrie fans have not seen infertile Julie for months after she was written out when Katy became pregnant.

Thread Information