Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Carp and Brian Packham

Julie Carp and Brian Packham

Coronation Street couple Julie Carp and Brian Packham will become UFO spotters in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

The eccentric pair, played by Katy Cavanagh and Peter Gunn, find a new shared interest in the coming weeks when they think they have seen strange objects overhead, according to the Daily Star.

It is thought that Julie and Brian soon spring into action and start keeping watch on the skies in the light-hearted plotline.

Brian apparently takes the lead in the new project, telling Julie that he is a "respected expert" in the field of UFO landings.

Meanwhile, Julie soon gets caught in the moment, grabbing Brian and admitting: "This UFO spotting business is really turning me on."

A Coronation Street source told the newspaper: "This could only happen to Julie."

Julie and Brian reunited on screen in the summer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-09-2011)

From Kirk to Brian she knows how to pick them

Plenty of Aliens in Corrie anyways

Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh has revealed that she wants her character Julie Carp to marry Brian Packham.

The pair dated briefly last year but recently reunited following a chance meeting at a children's reading group.

Cavanagh told News & Star of her alter ego's future: "Well, she's fallen in love and is just about to move in with Brian. Hopefully there are going to be some big storylines for her.

"They are going to stay together. Julie has got a good man - I will be severely disappointed if I can't get a wedding dress! Though she may have to drag Brian down the aisle."

Discussing how Julie has changed, the actress continued: "I'm not sure she has toned down, but I've had more opportunity to flesh her out and make her more three-dimensional and this year I have really found my feet with her."

Julie and Brian (Peter Gunn) were today tipped to become UFO spotters in a forthcoming storyline.

I love the idea of Julie and Brian becoming UFO spotters

Roy Cropper is bound to get involved in this storyline. Wouldn't it be a great storyline to bring Curly Watts back with. After all he used to have a telescope in the attic so he could have become someone important in the field of UFOLOLOGY

You know I admire how Corrie embrace their eccentric characters like Roy and Hayley. I just hope they don't end up making a public humiliation of Julie and Brian.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

While no one is quite rising from the grave, Weatherfield is about to get a whole lot spookier for two unknowing residents ahead of Halloween.
    Brian Packham, played by Peter Gunn, and Julie Carp, played by Katy Cavanagh, go on their second UFO-spotting date and end up getting more than they bargained for.
    Unknown to the couple, Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall) and Tommy Duckworth (Chris Fountain) discovered what the duo were doing and decided to play a trick on them.

The boys have their wicked way with the gullible couple as they hide in a bush with a toy UFO on the end of a fishing rod.

As Brian and Julie sip on coffee from their thermos flasks, while trying to keep warm beneath blankets, they are equipped with a telescope so they don't miss a thing.

However, the fake luminous toy is pretty difficult to miss as it hovers into their eyeline.
    Pranksters Tyrone and Tommy dress like burglars, as they hide beneath beanies and big winter coats while carrying a large flashlight so they can see where they are going in the pitch black.

On their previous alien excursion at the Red Rec, Brian and Julie's extraterrestrial shenanigans led to some rather risqué activity.
    Factory supervisor Julie felt a little hot under the collar, saying: 'This UFO spotting business is really turning me on.
    She then grabbed her boyfriend, adding: 'Make love to me Brian, I'll protect you from little green men,' before the couple were seen rolling around on their blanket.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1a2xGCqE9

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-10-2011)

Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh has said that her character Julie Carp is a big hit with male fans of the soap.

The actress, who has been with the show since 2008, explained that "slightly older" men seem to find Julie particularly appealing.

"It's really weird, but I always get men over the age of 40 coming up to me and saying, 'I love Julie, I love Julie'. Not the wives - it's always the husbands who are fond of her," Cavanagh told The Mirror.

"I get lots of lorry drivers talking to me, too. And I get fan mail from men as well. I had a really lovely poem from a man who was slightly in love with Julie. He must have been over 60 and it was really nice.

"So I think there's something going on there with Julie and the male psyche. She's a throwback to a time when women behaved themselves, one of those old-fashioned women who'd do anything to keep her man happy. Maybe that appeals to slightly older men.

"And she's always nicely turned out. Sometimes men like it when women make an effort and we don't always make so much of an effort nowadays."

Cavanagh also confirmed that she is still hoping for Julie to marry boyfriend Brian Packham (Peter Gunn) this year.

"These things are out of our hands, but I would love them to get married - it would be hilarious," she said.

Cavanagh was last month confirmed as part of the lineup for Coronation Street's new musical Street of Dreams, which has its premiere in Manchester in March.

She looks better suited to Brian than she did with Kirk
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

you wish to continue.
    © ITV
    Coronation Street character Julie Carp will fall pregnant by her boyfriend this year, it has been reported.

The factory worker, who is portrayed by 38-year-old actress Katy Cavanagh, is currently having a fling with teacher Brian Packham (Peter Gunn). However, her integrity is due to be doubted when she breaks her "happy" news to him.

According to the Daily Star, viewers will see Julie's happiness at her potential pregnancy when she tells her sister Eileen Grimshaw, played by Sue Cleaver.

However, Brian becomes convinced that Julie has cheated on him, as he confesses to Ken Barlow (William Roache) that he can't be the father because he had a vasectomy three years ago.

Cavanagh recently revealed that she gets a lot of attention from "slightly older" male fans, saying: "It's really weird, but I always get men over the age of 40 coming up to me and saying, 'I love Julie, I love Julie'. Not the wives - it's always the husbands who are fond of her.

"I get lots of lorry drivers talking to me, too. And I get fan mail from men as well. I had a really lovely poem from a man who was slightly in love with Julie. He must have been over 60 and it was really nice
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information