Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Carp and Brian Packham

Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh has predicted that Julie Carp will be "completely appalled" if her partner Brian Packham accuses her of having an affair.

As first revealed last month, Cavanagh's character will discover that she is pregnant in an upcoming storyline. However, her happy news leaves Brian stunned as he had a vasectomy some time ago and hasn't told Julie.

The plot then shows Brian (Peter Gunn) in turmoil as he wonders whether Julie has cheated on him.

However, Cavanagh told Soaplife: "She'd never be unfaithful. And she'd be completely appalled, bemused, betrayed and angry that he could ever think she had been."

Discussing Brian's attitude, she continued: "Julie certainly doesn't get the reaction she expects. She thinks he'll be overwhelmed at the thought of being a dad, but he doesn't even come home that night."

Cavanagh added that she believes Julie and Brian can overcome the misunderstanding eventually.

"She'd forgive him everything, especially now she's carrying his baby," the actress said.

Coronation Street continues tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh has predicted that there will be "chaotic" scenes when her eccentric character Julie Carp becomes a mother.

Julie discovers that she is pregnant in an upcoming episode after weeks of trying for a baby with partner Brian Packham (Peter Gunn).

Pondering Julie's possible approach to motherhood, Cavanagh told Inside Soap: "Julie will be ridiculous. She'll take everything people tell her literally. It will drive her sister Eileen absolutely mad.

"Julie will work hard at being a mum, but it'll be quite chaotic. She'll probably end up leaving the child in the supermarket! She'll adore her baby, though - it won't be left wanting in the love department."

As previously reported, Brian is initially left wondering whether the baby is really his - as he had a vasectomy some time ago and failed to tell Julie.

Cavanagh commented: "She and Brian have been talking loads about having a child together, and he's seemed really into the idea. The viewers may have been aware that he's been looking a little bit shifty about the whole thing - but Julie hasn't noticed that anything's wrong."

Coronation Street continues on Thursday at 8.30pm on ITV1.

I'm sure this is all very good and all that but I really just couldn't care less about Brian as a character because there is absolutely no way in the world he would ever be a headmaster. I really think that giving him that job in Corrie spoils any story he might be in.

Does Julie live on the street?

I want to know how brian went from being head of english for 11-16 year olds to a primary school headmsster overnight!!

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Does Julie live on the street?
    I dont think so she works at Underworld though

I thought they were buying the butchers shop and turning it into a fruit & veg shop. When is that happening.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    I thought they were buying the butchers shop and turning it into a fruit & veg shop. When is that happening.
    been wondering that too, unless producer/scriptwriters have changed their minds

That will happen soon as Brian realises he is to become a daddy and that he is the father which will be just after he loses his job as a head teacher
    Last edited by alan45; 11-02-2012 at 06:49.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Do your really think Milton will be around long enough to open anything. Strangely enough I expected him to open a little tailors shop called Del Floria's

The thread is about Julie and Brian, nothing to do with Milton

Thread Information