Hollyoaks star Danny Mac has admitted that he wants his character Dodger Savage to have more scenes with the soap's villains.

Dodger found himself embroiled in the dark and dangerous world of Warren Fox (Jamie Lomas) and Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan) earlier this year when he was accused of stealing money from nightclub Chez Chez.

Mac told Inside Soap when asked whether he would like Dodger to have further involvement with the bad boys: "I absolutely love it when Dodger gets himself in big trouble, so yeah I would. I was excited about filming all that stuff as that was my first time getting to play with the 'big boys' in the show.

"I was very pleased when I watched those scenes for the first time too, because Dodger slotted quite well into their world. He's like a crap Jack Bauer from 24 - he'll always find his way out of any mess."

Mac, 23, also revealed that he would play the role of Dodger's geeky brother Will if he was given the chance to portray any other character.

"Dodger's not totally like me but I know a lot of guys like him, so playing Will would be a lot more of a test," he said.

Hollyoaks' Savage brothers joined the cast of the soap earlier this year.