Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Eileen Grimshaw

maybe its eileen and lloyd. they do get on great

Eileen Grimshaw

Coronation Street's Eileen Grimshaw will be having arguments with a Weatherfield newcomer next month, according to reports.

Inside Soap says that Eileen (Sue Cleaver) is due to clash with a "fiery" new character called Lesley, who appears on our screens in October.

No further details of the character are known just yet, but Lesley will be played by actress Judy Holt, who is best known for her role as Elaine Fishwick in At Home With The Braithwaites.

Holt recently appeared in Hollyoaks, playing the judge in Gilly Roach's rape trial. She also has a previous Coronation Street credit for a small role back in 1991.

We already know that there's love on the horizon for Eileen in October as she is wooed by firefighter Paul (Tony Hirst). Could Lesley play a role in this storyline, or will it be a different plot altogether?

Coronation Street star Sue Cleaver has promised that there are "interesting" twists ahead as her character's new romance storyline gets under way.

Eileen Grimshaw is about to embark on a relationship with Weatherfield firefighter Paul after he rescues her when she gets her head stuck in some railings on the roof of Underworld.

Coronation Street bosses have teased that Paul has "a bit of a secret" which could affect his chances with Eileen in the coming weeks.

Cleaver has now hinted at what is in store by telling ITV.com that the forthcoming surprise has never been seen on a soap
    "Eileen and Paul are going to get on well, they are going to have a relationship, but as usual on this street, it will not be plain sailing," the actress explained.

"There'll be some issues to get to grips with and get over, that I think are going to make really interesting viewing. It's not something that's been done before, I think, on soap - so keep watching!"

Paul, played by former Hollyoaks actor Tony Hirst, first appeared on the cobbles last December in the tram crash episodes.
    Last edited by Perdita; 03-10-2011 at 11:18.

Coronation Street's Eileen Grimshaw has been tipped to feature in "emotional" scenes as her new romance storyline begins.

Eileen is about to find love on screen with Weatherfield firefighter Paul, as first announced by show bosses in the summer. Paul, who was previously seen in last year's tram crash episodes, rescues the factory worker when she gets her head stuck in some railings on the roof of Underworld.

Coronation Street chiefs have also confirmed that Paul (Tony Hirst) is hiding something and The Mirror today claims that his secret is "massive" and will lead to "heart-rending and harrowing scenes".

"There will be an emotional rollercoaster for Eileen, Paul, and someone who is very close to him," a source told the newspaper. "People will be reaching for their hankies in what will be terrific TV.

"It will be what Corrie does best, tugging at the heart strings as people strive to find true love."

Sue Cleaver, who plays Eileen, is thought to have signed a new contract with the soap which will keep her on screen for at least another 12 months.

A Coronation Street spokesperson said: "Eileen has always been one of our most popular characters and this big storyline will take her well into the New Year."

Cleaver sparked speculation about the new plotline yesterday when she teased that the forthcoming twist has never been seen on a soap before.

"Eileen and Paul are going to get on well, they are going to have a relationship, but as usual on this street, it will not be plain sailing," she explained.

"There'll be some issues to get to grips with and get over, that I think are going to make really interesting viewing. It's not something that's been done before, I think, on soap - so keep watching!"

Coronation Street continues on Thursday at 8.30pm on ITV1.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-10-2011), tammyy2j (04-10-2011)

I'm intrigued now

Is he dying?

Coronation Street star Charlie Condou has revealed that his character Marcus Dent will uncover the secret of Eileen Grimshaw's new love interest.

Eileen gets a pleasant surprise on her 50th birthday in tonight's double bill of the soap as she receives romantic attention from Weatherfield firefighter Paul (Tony Hirst). The pair meet after Eileen gets her head stuck in some railings on Underworld's roof and needs to be rescued.

Coronation Street bosses have confirmed that Paul is hiding something and his secret will kick off a big new storyline for Eileen.

Condou told This Morning of tonight's scenes: "[Eileen] gets her head stuck in the railings at work. She doesn't want to be celebrating her 50th birthday, but the girls at the factory put up a banner.

"She's trying to take the banner down and she gets her head stuck. The fireman comes to rescue her and asks her out!"

Discussing the twist ahead featuring Paul, Condou continued: "It's my character that discovers his secret! So I get stuck between a rock and a hard place - I don't know whether I should tell her or not."

Earlier this week, it was reported that the upcoming storyline will be "an emotional rollercoaster" for Eileen, Paul "and someone who is very close to him".

Meanwhile, Sue Cleaver - who plays Eileen - recently said: "Eileen and Paul are going to get on well, they are going to have a relationship, but as usual on this street, it will not be plain sailing.

Coronation Street continues tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (07-10-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street star Charlie Condou has revealed that his character Marcus Dent will uncover the secret of Eileen Grimshaw's new love interest.

Eileen gets a pleasant surprise on her 50th birthday in tonight's double bill of the soap as she receives romantic attention from Weatherfield firefighter Paul (Tony Hirst). The pair meet after Eileen gets her head stuck in some railings on Underworld's roof and needs to be rescued.

Coronation Street bosses have confirmed that Paul is hiding something and his secret will kick off a big new storyline for Eileen.

Condou told This Morning of tonight's scenes: "[Eileen] gets her head stuck in the railings at work. She doesn't want to be celebrating her 50th birthday, but the girls at the factory put up a banner.

"She's trying to take the banner down and she gets her head stuck. The fireman comes to rescue her and asks her out!"

Discussing the twist ahead featuring Paul, Condou continued: "It's my character that discovers his secret! So I get stuck between a rock and a hard place - I don't know whether I should tell her or not."

Earlier this week, it was reported that the upcoming storyline will be "an emotional rollercoaster" for Eileen, Paul "and someone who is very close to him".

Meanwhile, Sue Cleaver - who plays Eileen - recently said: "Eileen and Paul are going to get on well, they are going to have a relationship, but as usual on this street, it will not be plain sailing.

Coronation Street continues tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.
    Marcus is a nurse so it must be health related so perhaps cancer or aids and he is dying

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Marcus is a nurse so it must be health related so perhaps cancer or aids and he is dying
    It's not something that's been done before, I think, on soap -
    so that rules out cancer and aids

Marcus is a midwife so unless Paul the firefighter was Pauline the mother Marcus is unlikely to have had any dealings with him
    Last edited by alan45; 07-10-2011 at 14:18.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    so that rules out cancer and aids

Marcus is a midwife so unless Paul the firefighter was Pauline the mother Marcus is unlikely to have had any dealings with him
    Maybe he sees him at the hospital and spies his records

Thread Information