Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Eileen Grimshaw

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I cant wait for Phelan to fleece and con Jason and Eileen now
    It's true they're making themselves thoroughly unlikable and deserving of being conned, but I can't bring myself to cheer on the sleazeball that is Phelan.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (09-03-2016), Perdita (09-03-2016)

I don't know why Eileen uses the term fat Brenda she is hardly slim herself. . I dont know why in this day and age Corrie are calling a character fat as part of their name. It annoys me everytime i hear it. I don't find it funny.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-03-2016), Ruffed_lemur (30-09-2016)

Tony will take the rap fpr Callum i guess

Coronation Street star Sue Cleaver is getting us very worried over her character Eileen Grimshaw in her latest interview.

Blinded by love, Eileen is getting increasingly embroiled in her boyfriend Pat Phelan's property scam - unaware that the much-hyped flats he's offering up will never actually be built.

Phelan (Connor McIntyre) and his partner-in-crime Vinny Ashford (Ian Kelsey) have come up with a cunning plan to fleece the Weatherfield locals out of their cash, but the storyline takes a twist next week when Eileen gets her first clue that something isn't right.

After quitting her job at Streetcars to get much more involved in selling the properties, Eileen gets closer to the business than ever before - and is quickly alarmed to discover that the same flat has been promised to two different people.

Eileen realises this when Vinny tells her that he's met a potential buyer to discuss the much-sought-after lake view apartment, but she knows that Rita Tanner has already signed a contract for the very same property. Oops.

Phelan then has to use all of his charms to win Eileen back around, claiming that it's not what it looks like. A likely story...

Speaking about the drama to come, Sue revealed: "Eileen is worried. Rita has talked to her about one of the flats and so has Vinny. She finds that a bit odd and thinks Rita seems to be being used by Vinny.

"Eileen is furious that one of her friends could be caught up in something not quite right. She is having none of that.

"However, she totally accepts it when Phelan and Vinny say that it's just the way business is done. She is out of her depth, so she has no choice but to believe them."

With hints that Vinny is even more dangerous to cross than Phelan, maybe it's for the best that Eileen allows herself to be fooled so easily...

Asked where it's all heading, Sue replied: "It isn't going to end well, is it? But I believe that there is some way to go with this storyline.

"We should probably fear for Eileen. I get lots of people in the street warning me off! I love working with Connor, so I hope there is lots more to come.

"Eileen is totally in love with Phelan and love is definitely blind in her case. It's her dream come true, because she has never had a man treat her like this before. Phelan is a real man and he makes her feel wanted.

"She is usually the one in control who looks after everyone else and he is now looking out for her. He fights battles for her with people like Sean and Todd and doesn't let them walk all over her. She doesn't know he is doing this out of self-preservation."

Digital Spy

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-09-2016), livden (01-10-2016), LouiseP (27-09-2016), tammyy2j (27-09-2016)

Does Phelan care about Eileen?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I just asked the same thing on the episode thread!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (01-10-2016)

I really don't think so, he just needs to keep Todd on side, scare him about Vinny and try and convince him he is sincere and in love with his mother, Phelan's top priority and only care is himself

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I really don't think so, he just needs to keep Todd on side, scare him about Vinny and try and convince him he is sincere and in love with his mother, Phelan's top priority and only care is himself
    I definitely agree Phelan's top priority is himself and always will be. However he definitely didn't want Vinny to murder Todd and his explanation that it was for Eileen's sake rang true to me (even though going by previous evidence it seems unlikely that he really loves her).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

livden (01-10-2016)

He is right that he does not have anyone else. Even bad guys need someone. But I thought he was going to do a runner after he made the money so where does that leave Eileen? Or is he going to stick around and let Vinny take the blame. He told Todd the truth for once that they were in danger

16. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-10-2016)

He is right that he does not have anyone else. Even bad guys need someone. But I thought he was going to do a runner after he made the money so where does that leave Eileen? Or is he going to stick around and let Vinny take the blame. He told Todd the truth for once that they were in danger
    Yes, that's the plan according to what Phelan told Todd. It sounds like he fully intends to carry on living on the street with Eileen after the scam has run its course and Vinny has gone.

What I'm wondering is if Kate Oates sees Phelan as a long term character? I think when Stuart Blackburn brought him back the intention was for another short-term storyline with him as a panto villain, but the tone has definitely changed recently and it appears to me he's being softened. I don't know if I'm reading too much into some of the things he's said (such as loving Eileen) or not.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 01-10-2016 at 11:35.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (01-10-2016), swmc66 (01-10-2016)

Thread Information