Ricky Whittle has promised to help former Hollyoaks co-star Jamie Lomas with his US ambitions in the coming weeks.

Lomas, who recently bowed out from his role as Warren Fox on the Channel 4 soap, has often said that he would like to secure Stateside acting work - although he has ruled out a permanent move across the pond.

Whittle, meanwhile, is hoping to settle in Los Angeles so that he can fully focus on his US dreams for the foreseeable future.

Speaking of his current projects, Whittle told the Liverpool Echo: "It's been a couple of months of frustrations because of visa problems, so I've missed out on playing a killer in CSI: Miami and a role in NBC's comedy Up All Night.

"It's very frustrating because I was in Las Vegas with friends when I got offered CSI. So when I got a copy of my visa to them it was too late.

"But I got three of my last four gigs and my agent said if all of his clients did that, he'd be a rich man. I've got my green card coming through now and I'd like to apply for American citizenship."

Discussing ex-colleague Lomas, he added: "I'm going to introduce Jamie to some people while he's here and I'll help him find a car."

Whittle left Hollyoaks in 2010 after more than four years playing Calvin Valentine.