Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Webster

I think so far the best acting is this storyline is being done by the little fella who is playing Jack

No Anna or Rosie to return to see him

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Once again I take my hat off to Corrie for raising this storyline with all the devastating consequences of the illness not being detected in time ... Jack will be 8 in September .. Kyran who plays him is actually 11 years old and I am glad he has that bit more maturity to play a character who will have to undergo an amputation ..
    i thought maybe quick miracle cure but no corrie having the balls to take his foot

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think so far the best acting is this storyline is being done by the little fella who is playing Jack

No Anna or Rosie to return to see him
    Characters that have left for whatever reason never return for whatever .. funerals, weddings, serious illness .. the actors might not always be available and I think that once they have left, it is easier for the writers to forget about them as I guess most of the time the actors would not be able to return
    Last edited by Perdita; 09-07-2018 at 21:47.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-07-2018)

has anyone rang or facebooked rosie?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    has anyone rang or facebooked rosie?
    Who? --- Once a character leaves they rarely get mentioned .. so I do not expect to hear the name Rosie again until shortly before Helen is due back to filming ..

I didn't think they'd actually show his amputated leg after the operation but I suppose they needed to get us used to it. It'll be hard to look at, that's for sure. I wonder how they achieved that effect - is it a prosthetic leg,with the real leg being hidden or some kind of CGI?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Characters that have left for whatever reason never return for whatever .. funerals, weddings, serious illness .. the actors might not always be available and I think that once they have left, it is easier for the writers to forget about them as I guess most of the time the actors would not be able to return
    A rare mention would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    A rare mention would be nice
    Yes, it sure would be however in soapland that usually means a character is returning soon when that happens

If any Coronation Street fans were wondering how Jack Webster's foot amputation was made to look so real, get ready for a peek behind-the-scenes.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/coronat...-jack-webster/

Corrie has shared a pre-special effects clip of the tearjerking scene on their official Twitter account.

In the footage, viewers can see little Jack (played by Kyran Bowes) wearing a special green VFX prop on his leg. As the scene progresses, it flicks back and forth from computer-generated wound to acting aid.

In case you were wondering how it was done. Time to big up ����our amazing post-production team here at Coronation Street.

Here's their fantastic vfx work on little Jack's sepsis storyline. #Corrie

9:00 PM - Jul 28, 2018
    435 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Fans had been arguing online about the scene ever since it aired earlier this month. Was it a digitally-rendered effect or clever make-up?

Well, now we know. But how did Jack end up with the injury in the first place?

The gripping storyline began when Jack contracted sepsis after grazing his knee playing football.

However, half-sister Sophie didn't think much of the accident and sent her brother to school anyway.

But Jack's condition deteriorated rapidly and he was found slumped at the bottom of the stairs after being sent home by teachers.

Rushed to hospital, Jack's dad Kevin was forced to make the heartbreaking decision to amputate his son's left foot in an episode in early July.

After the show, fans praised the soap on social media for raising awareness of an important health issue.

Unsurprisingly, many found the scene where Jack uses his wheelchair for the first time particularly traumatic.

Obviously upset, Kevin is comforted by his beaming son, who says, "It's okay, Dad. You don't need to be sad. Look!" before proceeding to spin around the hospital room in his flashy new wheels.

No, you're crying!

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 29-07-2018 at 19:41.

i know jack is a big footy fan but have some sensitivity as everyone talks about footy around him despite him having lost his foot, give him time to adjust if that can happen ever

Thread Information