Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Branning

Exclamation Derek Branning

double post, sorry
    Last edited by Perdita; 26-08-2011 at 00:34.

WATCH out, Walford, there’s a new Branning on the block.

The dangerous and destructive Derek Branning storms into the Square this winter.

And it will come as a major shock for his younger brothers Jack and Max, played by Scott Maslen, 40, and Jake Wood, 39.

EastEnders bosses have cast movie star Jamie Foreman, 53, to play the evil newcomer who takes over the Branning clan.

Jamie, whose big-screen hits *include Layer Cake and Nil By Mouth, said: “I am hugely *excited to be joining such an iconic show.

“EastEnders is full of *fantastic actors so it is a role I couldn’t refuse.

“The Brannings are such a great family to be joining and I am extremely interested to see how Derek is going to fit in.”

Show boss Bryan Kirkwood added: “Loyal EastEnders viewers may know that the fearsome Derek Branning, eldest son of Jim, has been a shadowy *presence looming over the rest of the family for years.

“So it’s a real coup to sign Jamie to play the biggest, baddest Branning. He has an incredible pedigree, having starred in some of the best British movies.”
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-08-2011)

THE son of real-life East End gangster Freddie Foreman is joining EastEnders to be the soap’s worst-ever baddie.

Jamie Foreman, 52, will play Derek – the “biggest and baddest” Branning brother and elder sibling of Walford trio Max, Jack and Carol.

Derek – described as “destructive and dangerous” – will turn up this autumn with one aim, to become the king of Albert Square.

A show insider revealed: “He is going to cause a lot of disruption for his family.”

Jamie, who has starred in hits including Nil By Mouth, Layer Cake and Oliver Twist, is close friends with Barbara Windsor and Patsy Kensit.

His ex-wife is former *EastEnders star Carol Harrison, Tiffany Mitchell’s scheming mother Louise.

Last night Jamie said: “I am hugely excited to be joining such an iconic show. EastEnders is full of fantastic actors so it is a role I couldn’t refuse. The Brannings are a great family to be joining.”

What is the EE producers obsession with hiring relatives of gangsters

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/

He was a very good "baddie" in Oliver Twist.
    Last edited by moonstorm; 26-08-2011 at 10:13.

He always plays villians we expect a war with Phil Mitchell so

The biggest, baddest Branning comes to Walford

"The fearsome Derek Branning, eldest son of Jim, has been a shadowy presence looming over the rest of the family for years..." - Bryan Kirkwood, EastEnders Executive Producer

"Out of all the Brannings, Derek is the one that most people fear. Although he can be charming he will be the one that can out alpha almost any man in Albert Square, maybe even Phil. He is going to cause a lot of disruption to his family" - An EastEnders Insider

Hmmm... sounds like Derek may not be blending in quietly to the Walford community... Jamie Foreman will play the new Branning bad boy.

On the casting, Bryan Kirkwood adds: "It's a real coup to sign Jamie Foreman to play the biggest, baddest Branning brother. Jamie has an incredible acting pedigree, having starred in some of the best British movies of recent times, and we can't wait for him to bring his unique talents to Walford."

On joining, Jamie said: "I am hugely excited to be joining such an iconic show. EastEnders is full of fantastic actors so it is a role I couldn't refuse. The Brannings are such a great family to be joining and I am extremely interested to see how Derek is going to fit in."

So are we! How will he rub up with the Square's bad boys? What will reigning-alpha Phil make of his competition in the hardman stakes? Will Michael attempt to scheme Derek into submission? Will his arrival tear the family apart or make them a force to be reckoned with?

We'll have to wait for his arrival this Winter to find out...

BBC Eastenders page.

Never knew the Brannings had an evil older brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Show boss Bryan Kirkwood added: “Loyal EastEnders viewers may know that the fearsome Derek Branning, eldest son of Jim, has been a shadowy *presence looming over the rest of the family for years.
    I'd like to see some evidence of this, I've watched Eastenders since the first Branning, Carol, came into it in the 90s I have no recollection of him being mentioned before! Since he's the oldest I was thinking he might be a half-brother the others don't know about, but apparently not. And I bet none of them ever mention Suzy again.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

alan45 (26-08-2011)

EastEnders' fearsome returnee Derek Branning arrives back in Walford next week - and his domineering presence is immediately felt among his family and those who used to know him.

When Tanya's behaviour begins to spiral out of control next week, Max (Jake Wood) arrives back on Albert Square to find out what has gone wrong back at home. However, he doesn't return alone as he has older brother Derek in tow.

As Derek reacquaints himself with Max's family, it's clear that Tanya (Jo Joyner) isn't pleased to see him, while Rainie (Tanya Franks) also seems to be uncomfortable around him.

While Max takes some time to get to the bottom of the current chaos in the Branning clan, Derek heads out to meet Jack - but his plans change when he spots Pat Evans (Pam St Clement) on the Square.

Pat is visibly nervous to see Derek, who follows her into her house despite her making it clear that he's not welcome. Derek starts to bring up some of their past, but they're soon interrupted by Carol (Lindsey Coulson) - who is even less happy to see him and warns that he should stay out of her life.

After his frosty reception, whether Derek will be able to work his way back into the Branning fold remains to be seen.

The return of Max and Derek forms part of a special 'Branning Week' which launches on Monday and sees EastEnders air five nights in a row for one week only.

With Max back, it isn't long until the truth about Tanya's cancer is finally exposed to her loved ones - but the bombshells don't end there as she also reveals a secret that she has kept for many years.

Derek - now played by Jamie Foreman - previously appeared briefly on EastEnders in 1994 with Terence Beesley portraying the role.

When Foreman's casting was announced in August, executive producer Bryan Kirkwood said: "Loyal EastEnders viewers may know that the fearsome Derek Branning, eldest son of Jim, has been a shadowy presence looming over the rest of the family for years. So it's a real coup to sign Jamie Foreman to play the biggest, baddest Branning brother."

Meanwhile, an EastEnders insider commented: "Out of all the Brannings, Derek is the one that most people fear. Although he can be charming, he will be the one that can out-alpha almost any man in Albert Square - maybe even Phil. He is going to cause a lot of disruption to his family."

EastEnders' Branning Week begins on Monday 21 November at 8pm on BBC One.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (15-11-2011), JustJodi (16-11-2011), lizann (15-11-2011), tammyy2j (15-11-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    As Derek reacquaints himself with Max's family, it's clear that Tanya (Jo Joyner) isn't pleased to see him, while Rainie (Tanya Franks) also seems to be uncomfortable around him.

EastEnders' Branning Week begins on Monday 21 November at 8pm on BBC One.
    Maybe he is Laurens dad?

My guess he could have raped or attempted to rape one of them in the past

Thread Information