Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sally Webster-Metcalfe (Sally Dynevor)

Coronation Street star Sally Whittaker has revealed that she is "raring to go" after completing her breast cancer treatment.

The actress returned to her role as Weatherfield's Sally Webster last week after taking time off work to battle her illness.

Speaking on GMTV this morning, Whittaker confirmed: "I'm doing really well - I'm really, really well. I've got through it all, it's been six months but I'm through it and I'm really well.

"And I'm back to work and I'm raring to go - I can't tell you. Nobody can keep me down!"

The 46-year-old also encouraged other women to stay vigilant against cancer by seeking help if they suspect anything is wrong.

She said: "Any woman, who's got anything that you are slightly worried about, go and get it checked out - because I never thought this would happen to me."

Whittaker's return to Coronation Street will air in July.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-05-2010)

Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor has received a flood of supportive messages after going public with her breast cancer battle.

The actress was diagnosed with the illness late last year while researching a storyline which saw her character Sally Webster put through the same ordeal.

Last week, Dynevor returned to work following a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. She is now encouraging other women to stay vigilant against the disease by checking their breasts regularly for lumps and seeking help immediately if they suspect anything is wrong.

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, a Coronation Street spokeswoman confirmed: "We've been flooded with calls and emails wishing Sally well. We've all really missed her and it's great to have her back."

The representative added that fans have been in touch to "wish Sally a speedy recovery and praise her efforts to raise awareness of signs of the disease".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-05-2010)

Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor has vowed to focus more on her health and fitness after battling breast cancer.

The actress recently returned to work following a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy which helped her to beat the disease.

In an interview with the Daily Express, Dynevor promised to take heed of new research which suggests that women who put on weight during or after breast cancer treatment are more likely to see the illness return.

The 46-year-old explained: "My consultant explained how lifestyle factors including diet and exercise could contribute to the cancer coming back, so I am going to have to have a very good look at what I eat.

"I never ate processed foods anyway but I enjoy the odd takeaway and I love chocolate so this is a minefield for me."

She added: "I knew eating a good diet and trying to be active might help in the fight against it, but now I know if I don't stay healthy I could be more at risk. I've really got to look after myself. It's as simple as that."

Dynevor's Coronation Street comeback scenes will air in July.

IT'S a promising sign - as brave Corrie star Sally Whittaker sports a big smile while greeting autograph hunters.

The 46-year-old actress has bounced back after chemotherapy for breast cancer which left her bald.

Sally showed off her new hair while returning to the soap's set yesterday.

She was diagnosed with the disease after being encouraged to check out a lump on her chest after her character Sally Webster was diagnosed with the disease.

Cheery Sally stopped at the gates of Granada Studios in Manchester to greet fans without her wig on.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0pxJUaEQB

Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor shed tears yesterday as she spoke publicly about her breast cancer battle.

The actress, who recently returned to work after beating the disease, wept openly as she addressed a crowd at the Genesis Breast Cancer Prevention Appeal's Keep Fit and Pink Day - a 10k sponsored walk held in Manchester.

An onlooker told the Daily Mail: "Sally was talking about all the support she had from the hospital which treated her, the charity, fans of the show and fellow cast members and she just got overwhelmed in the emotion of it all.

"She was just thanking everyone for all their messages of support and she just got tears in her eyes and cried. It was very moving to hear her speak. Given all Sally has been put through it seemed totally understandable she would have a good cry in public - and there wasn't a dry eye in the audience either."

Dynevor took part in the sponsored walk alongside her Weatherfield co-star Kym Marsh, who plays barmaid Michelle Connor.

SMILING Sally Webster makes a welcome return to Corrie tonight after beating breast cancer.

Her husband Kevin (Michael Le Vell, 45) and daughters Rosie and Sophie (Helen Flanagan, 21, and Brooke Vincent, 17) are over the moon to have her back.

Sally (Sally Whittaker, 47) has been staying with her sister as she recovers from her treatment.

The character was written out of the soap so that actress Sally could battle the disease in real life.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-07-2010)

Vicky Entwistle has admitted that she "collapsed weeping" when Coronation Street co-star Sally Dynevor told her she had cancer.

Dynevor (Sally Webster) confirmed that she was battling breast cancer in May. The actress discovered a lump while she was preparing for her character's storyline with the disease.

Entwistle - who recently announced that she is quitting her role as Janice Battersby - told the News of the World that she had first confided in Dynevor after making her decision to leave.

"We are so close," she said. "I remember her asking if she could have a word with me in her dressing room.

"When she told me I collapsed weeping. She was so positive but I couldn't stop crying. She is an inspiration."

Entwistle said that she felt "elated, excited" after telling producer Phil Collinson that she wanted to leave the ITV soap.

CORRIE star Sally Dynevor says her successful battle against breast cancer was aided by VEGETABLE PASTE.

The mum-of-three - diagnosed with the disease just days after her character Sally Webster - said she tried several complementary therapies.

Sally, 47, said: "I was given this 'greens' supplement. That worked wonders."

But she said it was no alternative to her care at Christie Hospital, Manchester.

Coronation Street's Sally Dynevor has revealed that she feels "amazing" after getting her life back on track following her recent cancer battle.

Earlier this year, the actress returned to work after completing her treatment. Dynevor discovered the lump while carrying out research for her character's on-screen cancer plot.

"Luckily I've come through the other end," she told RTÉ Ten. "It was a good prognosis from the beginning so you just have to stay strong for those six months.

"I'm just really glad that I've kind of got my life back on track again and I'm doing normal things."

Asked how she is now, she continued: "I feel amazing but the scary thing is I felt amazing before... but yeah, I feel really, really good."

Dynevor also called for more women to seek advice if they are worried about their health.

"I can't stress this enough," she said. "I never thought this would happen to me.

"I just want to say that because women out there might go, 'Well, it's not going to happen to me' - because that's what I used to say. I thought, 'It won't happen to me, I'm really healthy and I run' and I just thought 'It's not going to happen' and it did.

"I had that lump I think probably for six months when I look back but I was so in denial about it. I thought I was fine. I think that's our defence mechanism in life, that you think, 'It's not going to happen to me, therefore I won't address the issue'."

Good for her, just lost a very dear friend last Saturday to cancer

Very sorry to hear that Perdy, hope you are ok.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Perdita (05-10-2010)

Thread Information