Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor has teased an unhappy Christmas for her character Sally Metcalfe, suggesting she won't be coming out of prison anytime soon.

Sally has been sent to prison for fraud, but her family on the outside are still anxious to get her back home as quickly as possible.

Unbeknown to Sally, there is also another problem developing in her absence as her sister Gina Seddon has fallen for her husband Tim; a secret which is set to be exposed in tonight's episode.

But despite being given new hope from her lawyer Paula in upcoming scenes, it doesn't look like Sally will be heading home in time for her Christmas Dinner – or to put a stop to Tim's growing bond with Gina.

"I don't think she's going to have a happy Christmas," Sally said in Inside Soap's Yearbook 2019 . "She thinks she'll be home, and it just breaks my heart to think that she might not be at home on Christmas Day. Prison food!"

Teasing the future for Sally if she does eventually get released, the actress added: "It would be nice to take her in a different direction – maybe because of what she's been through in prison, she'll come out more community-led.

"She might be looking after people on the Street, making sure Rita's okay. But she'll probably just get it all wrong. I just want her to have learned a few lessons about herself.

"I think prison has really made her look at herself a bit more, who she is inside, and how important her family is to her. She's realised that Tim and her children are everything."

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coro...ppy-christmas/