Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor has revealed that she is grateful to the soap's bosses for keeping her busy following her recovery from illness.

The actress returned to work at the ITV1 show in spring 2010 after beating breast cancer. Her character Sally Webster was later at the centre of dramatic moments on the cobbles as her marriage to Kevin (Michael Le Vell) broke down.

More recently, Sally has been torn between Kevin and new love Jeff (Steve Houghton), while an upcoming storyline will see her start working for evil Frank Foster (Andrew Lancel).

Dynevor told Soaplife: "I'm so lucky with the storylines I keep getting - Sally unexpectedly sleeping with Kevin again, Jeff coming back on the scene and, looking to the future, some very interesting scenes with Frank.

"I love Coronation Street for keeping me so busy. Having been ill, it wouldn't have been that surprising if the producers had sidelined me a bit because they thought I needed to take it easy. But they haven't. Instead they've given me lots to do. I've been busier than ever, which is just what I need."

She continued: "I rarely think about the breast cancer these days. I've been able to put it right behind me and I'm definitely back in the driving seat. That was just what I needed. I don't want people to look at me and think 'Oh, she's been ill'. I want them to look at me and think, 'Wow, how cool is that? She's so busy'."

Sally's romance with Jeff takes a new twist next week as her daughter Rosie (Helen Flanagan) starts trying to split them up.