Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Wyatt

Emmerdale star Chelsea Halfpenny has said that her character must do what's best for baby Kyle.

The actress plays Amy Wyatt, who got pregnant after a one-night stand with Cain Dingle and recently gave birth in secret.

Foster mum Val is pressuring her to keep the baby, but Halfpenny has insisted that Amy considers the difficulties of being a teenage single mother before making her decision.

"I'd tell her to just do what's best for the child," Halfpenny told Inside Soap magazine. "I don't think the baby's father, Cain, would ever want to share a youngster with Amy, so she would be a single mum. And it will be very interesting to see how he reacts to what she decides."

Speaking of the babies who play Kyle, she added: "They're so adorable! We've got a boy and a girl who take turns playing Kyle. They're just so tiny and cute! I've really bonded with them.

"I'm quite good with children - I've got two young cousins who are three and four years old. I just sit and stare at them while talking in a silly baby voice."

Amy remains one of the suspects in Emmerdale's 'Judgement Day' storyline, which saw Cain Dingle being brutally attacked.

She looks better without a orange face

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xcarlyx For This Useful Post:

lizann (10-12-2011)

Emmerdale's Amy Wyatt recently made a life-changing choice as she decided to put her newborn son Kyle up for adoption - leaving her foster mum Val crushed.

Amy's decision came in the climax to months of drama featuring the character, who found herself on a dark path last year after her one-night stand with Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley) left her expecting his baby.

20-year-old Chelsea Halfpenny's portrayal of Amy recently secured her a nomination in the 'Best Newcomer' category at the National Television Awards, which take place in London on January 25. Here, Chelsea chats to Digital Spy about the recognition and Amy's future.

How does it feel to be in the running for 'Best Newcomer' at the NTAs?
    "I'm totally overwhelmed! It still hasn't sunk in. I was told a while ago, but I wasn't allowed to say anything until the announcement was made, and it still doesn't feel real!"

What would it mean to you to win the award?
    "To be honest, just to be nominated for the award means a lot. I haven't really thought about the winning part. It's a public vote, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens. It would be amazing to win, but we'll see what happens on the night."

What are you most proud of from your time at Emmerdale so far?
    "It's hard to pick out particular scenes, but it's really nice to have been given a great storyline. It's been a big, long-running storyline and a lot of effort goes into it - not just from me but from everyone else in the cast and behind-the-scenes in the crew."

You're up against Chris Fountain from Corrie and Jacqueline Jossa from EastEnders. What do you think of your competition?
    "I've met Jacqueline before and she's so lovely, cool and down-to-earth - a really nice girl. I've watched her on EastEnders too and I think she's amazing. And obviously Chris has a lot of experience as he's done Hollyoaks and he's a good-looking lad who's popular with all the girls! They're two amazing candidates, so I think I'd be lucky if I won."

Have you had much support from your Emmerdale co-stars over the nomination?
    "Everyone has been really lovely. They've been saying some lovely things, they're being really supportive and they've been getting on Twitter saying, 'Vote for Chelsea and Danny Miller' - because obviously Danny is up for an award as well.

"The cast are always really supportive, because I think a lot of people feel that Emmerdale doesn't always get enough recognition. So any time we are nominated for something, everybody really roots for each other because we all know how hard we work. It'd be nice to get some recognition every now and again."

Do you think Emmerdale is in with a chance for the 'Best Serial Drama' prize this year?
    "I'd like to think so! Ratings-wise, there's been a couple of nights where we've beat Coronation Street and EastEnders recently. But we'll just have to see. Being nominated is recognition in itself as the show will get named on the night, and the individual nominees will too. We all know how much we enjoy working here, so awards aren't everything - but obviously it would be nice to get one."

Are you supporting Danny for the 'Serial Drama Performance' prize too?
    "Definitely - I think Danny is a great example to young lads who want to go out and act. He's only just turned 21, but he's done so well and he's been recognised by so many people. Danny just came in, he worked hard and he was given a good storyline - and he did it amazingly. It just shows that you don't have to know anybody in the industry, you just have to work hard and show what you can do."

On Christmas Day, we all saw Amy make the decision to give Kyle away. What kind of a reaction did you get over that?
    "I had lots of messages from people who were saying they were crying their eyes out when they were watching it! I just thought, 'Oh God, I hope I didn't make their Christmas too depressing!' But everyone's been really nice.

"A few weeks ago, my mum was speaking to a social worker who she knows, and she was saying that the way I've portrayed Amy, as a foster child who's been going in and out of homes, was very realistic. So that's really nice, as I'm always wanting it to seem realistic and how a real-life foster child would act."

What's your take on the problems that Amy is having with Val at the moment?
    "Well, I think all Amy ever wanted was to keep the family unit together - because she's never really been part of a family, and this is the most comfortable that she's ever felt. That's why she didn't tell Val about the baby in the first place, as she was worried that it would cause destruction in the family. But in a way it's made things worse, because when Val did find out and met the baby for the first time, she then discovered that Amy wanted to give Kyle away. That's left Val heartbroken."

Amy moves out of the barn soon and in with David…
    "Yeah - she really wants to give Val and Eric some space to sort out their problems, without her being involved. Also, Amy is always seeing them arguing lately and she doesn't want to see it anymore. She hopes that the time away will help Val and Eric to realise that they really want to keep this family together. But it may not help like she's hoping."

We know that Val will be taking some time out from the village soon as Charlie Hardwick has a theatre role. Could the time apart do Amy and Val some good?
    "Yeah, perhaps it could make them realise how alike they are - and that they can only ever be a family if they support each other. Maybe Val could realise that the way she acted was quite irrational, because Amy is still quite young."

Do you think everything Amy has been through recently will affect her for a long time to come?
    "Yeah, Amy will always be told if and when the authorities have found a new family for Kyle, and he'll always be in the back of her mind. She'll be thinking about how she almost took on the responsibility of bringing Kyle up, and she'll wonder what would have happened if she'd gone through with it. It's not just a case of 'once he's gone, he's gone'. He'll always stay with her, I think."

Are there any more scenes coming up between Amy and the Dingles, or will she try to stay out of their way?
    "I think you'll see Amy really trying to make things up with Zak. She's worked with him, and they have a nice father-daughter kind of relationship. They're mates as well - she told him a lot of things, a lot more than she would have told Val or Eric. I think it'll be nice to see those two trying to settle their friendship again."

What did you make of the big twist that Zak was Cain's attacker?
    "Well, when we went to watch the Judgement Day episodes at the preview screening for the press, nobody thought it was Zak - which was hilarious! I think it's because he wasn't really involved in those two episodes, so nobody thought it was him. It was definitely a big shock for the viewers, because what father would do that to their own son? But obviously Zak had his reasons."

What do you think Matthew Wolfenden's (David) chances are on Dancing On Ice this year?
    "I know that he's got a dance and gymnastics background, so I'm guessing he's going to be quite strong. I think he's the kind of person who wouldn't get involved in anything unless he was going to work hard. He's definitely not a joke candidate - he's in there to work hard and get far in the competition. I'm totally rooting for him."

Where would you like Amy to go next?
    "I'd quite like her to go back to her old ways a bit. Not too soon, because we've got to make it realistic, but she is young and she's not an adult yet. I think that's part of the reason that she gave Kyle away, because she still wanted to be a child and enjoy her time being young. It'd be nice to see her going out a bit more and making some new friendships.

"Further on down the line, maybe some family could be introduced or a new relationship could develop. I'm excited to see how Amy's story unravels!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Emmerdale star Chelsea Halfpenny has admitted that playing a young mum on the soap hasn't made her feel broody.

The actress's troubled character Amy Wyatt gave birth to baby Kyle late last year, but has since put the youngster up for adoption to ensure he has the best life possible.

In real life, meanwhile, Halfpenny has recently embarked on a relationship with an old schoolmate named Dillon - but isn't keen to settle down just yet.

Asked whether she is now eager to have children of her own, the 20-year-old told The Mirror: "Er, that would be a definite no! The twins they use to play my on-screen children are so cute. They're only 10 weeks old and they're so sweet that, yes, I am enjoying all the cuddles, but I'm absolutely not in any rush to have one of my own.

"It's lovely to have them in your arms but it's also lovely to be handing them back to their mum, too. I can only just look after myself, never mind a baby. I feel like I'm way too young. And being pregnant on TV means you've seen what you'll look like and it's not a pretty sight."

Although Halfpenny is currently in the running for the 'Best Newcomer' prize at the National Television Awards, she added that she was surprised to land her Emmerdale role in the first place.

"I went for the audition thinking I had less than no chance," she explained. "So when I got it, I just burst into tears. I was about to go on holiday but I couldn't wait to get back because I was terrified they might give it to someone else while I was away."

The National Television Awards take place in London on January 25.

Emmerdale actress Chelsea Halfpenny has said that she finds crying on camera a huge challenge.

Halfpenny, who plays Amy Wyatt on the ITV1 soap, told The Sun that she uses her own strong relationship with her mother to make Amy's tears more authentic.

© ITV

"I'm really rubbish about the tearful scenes - I'd much rather play Amy when she's hammered," Halfpenny said.

"When I know I have to cry I get myself really worked up, because I don't ever want it to seem forced. I just worry that I won't do it right.

"I'm really close to my mum so when we film the most emotional scenes, I imagine saying the words to her for real. Thinking about the same thing happening to us is really upsetting, and sometimes I was a mess afterwards."

Viewers have recently seen Amy meeting her estranged biological mother Kerry (Laura Norton) in dramatic style, as Kerry punched Amy for kissing her boyfriend as the teenager celebrated her birthday.

Their relationship will be tested once again this week as Amy discovers that Kerry is in a diabetic coma in hospital.

Last edited by alan45; 23-04-2013 at 01:40.

Emmerdale's Amy Wyatt drops two big bombshells next week as she encounters yet more problems with her wayward mother Kerry.

Having recently shared a kiss with her mum's boyfriend Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher), Amy decides that it's time to come clean about what happened.

Unfortunately for Amy, Kerry refuses to believe her claims and starts to turn against her. Frustrated and angry, Amy is later pushed to tell Andy that Kerry (Laura Norton) has been neglecting his children by leaving them home alone...

Here, Chelsea Halfpenny - who plays Amy - teases the big week for her character and where things are heading in the longer-term.

Is Amy still struggling with the guilt of her kiss with Andy?
    "I think Amy is definitely struggling with guilt, but it's also a struggle to realise what she's really feeling. Amy does fancy Andy and she knows that he's a really nice bloke. I think you also become more fond of someone when you know they're being treated like rubbish, and that's the case here because Kerry is not necessarily the best person for Andy.

"Amy is feeling sorry for Andy a little bit in that respect. She reckons that because he's not being treated properly by Kerry, she has a right to fancy him. She's definitely developing feelings, and seeing Andy with Kerry only increases that interest because she's jealous."

While this is going on, Victoria is busy trying to find a boyfriend for Amy. Is Amy aware of Victoria's plan?
    "Victoria always hints at finding a boy for Amy, but obviously she doesn't know that Amy has already kissed her brother!

"It's not a huge secret that Victoria is trying to play match-maker. Victoria reveals that there is a football team coming to The Woolpack, and she makes sure that Amy is there for that. Amy is annoyed when she sees that Andy and Kerry are all over each other at the pub, so she decides that she's going to get off with one of the football lads that night."

How does Amy feel when Andy watches her kiss Gavin, one of the football players?
    "Amy thinks she is making Andy jealous with this. Andy is definitely a bit uncomfortable over it, because he probably can tell why she's doing it. It's a very childish move, but Amy thinks getting drunk and kissing boys will help her to get over Andy."

Would Amy ever see Andy and Kerry as right for each other?
    "Well, I'm sure if Kerry transformed into this wonderful stepmother, Amy wouldn't mind that the two of them are together. However, Amy knows that this isn't the case and that Kerry is lying to him all the time about the kids. Amy knows that if a relationship is full of lies, those two people shouldn't be together. The jealous side of Amy also feels that she's the one who Andy should be with."

Is Amy worried about Kerry's ability to look after Andy's kids?
    "Yes, Amy is constantly on edge over this. If she sees any negativity from Kerry about looking after Sarah and Jack, it reminds her of her own past problems with Kerry. Amy is very anxious because she doesn't want to watch other children go through what she went through."

Amy soon discovers that Kerry has left Sarah home alone again, doesn't she?
    "Yeah, Amy finds Sarah home alone trying to make breakfast. This is the final straw for Amy, because she can see that Sarah could have really hurt herself. Amy tries to double bluff Kerry and lies to her that Sarah has gone missing. She's trying to scare Kerry and show her what could have happened.

"They end up having a huge row over this. You can really see that there are years of problems there. It's not just that Kerry has left a child home alone for five or ten minutes, it's everything else that she's done, too."

Is that the point where Amy tells Andy the truth about Kerry's negligence?
    "No, I think Amy is always just waiting to tell Andy what Kerry has been doing. She's waiting for one of them to really push her, and then she'll reveal it. Amy definitely doesn't want Kerry to get away with this, so it's in the back of her mind like a ticking time bomb!"

Andy also visits Amy to check that she isn't going to tell Kerry about their kiss...
    "Yeah, and this is very frustrating for Amy. Everyone is trying to protect themselves over various things. She thinks Kerry and Andy need to talk to each other, rather than have her stuck in the middle.

"Amy is also hurt that Andy keeps dismissing their kiss as a stupid mistake. Being put down every single time is hard for her to deal with."

Amy later snaps when Kerry and Andy accuse her of being bitter and jealous. What can you tell us about that?
    "Amy goes around to Kerry and Andy's place for tea and they're all over each other yet again. Things start out okay, but then Kerry and Andy both start making little comments about how Amy should get a life and start seeing someone. Andy jumps in and agrees that Amy should get a bloke, which really infuriates her.

"When Kerry really starts to push her by saying that Amy needs a life, that's what pushes her to tell Kerry the truth about the kiss."

How does Kerry react?
    "It's really interesting, because Kerry's first reaction is that Amy must be lying. However, I think Kerry is quite vulnerable and deep down, she probably knows that Andy has made a move on Amy. Kerry is quite vulnerable and is always worrying that Andy might dump her for a younger model, but her reaction is very defensive towards Amy because she doesn't want it to be true."

Andy then lets Kerry believe that Amy tried it on with him! Is Amy furious?
    "Yeah - it's just embarrassing, isn't it? Amy wants Andy to be a man and admit to what he's done, especially as Kerry has done something terrible as well. It's horrible for Amy that Andy won't admit it."

Does Victoria get involved in the rows?
    "Yeah, Victoria is very shocked that all of this has happened. She's never been a huge fan of Kerry anyway, so she's got Amy's back. Victoria doesn't think what Andy's doing is very nice and she has a couple of conversations with him, wanting him to come clean. However, Victoria is stuck in the middle because she knows that Amy has a track record of lying and making things up."

When they get a moment alone, Andy apologises to Amy for lying about her. Does Amy forgive him?
    "Not immediately, but I think if you fancy someone, they've got an easier way to get round you really quickly!"

What makes Amy finally tell Andy the truth about Kerry leaving the kids home alone?
    "It happens during an argument at the pub. Kerry is making lots of stupid remarks to taunt Amy. Amy is very smug because she knows that she can make sure everything kicks off - not only with Andy, but with Debbie who doesn't like Kerry anyway."

Could this wreck Kerry and Andy's relationship forever?
    "I think when it comes to children, Andy wouldn't put up with this. However, the truth doesn't come out straight away, because Kerry says that Amy is lying. Andy doesn't believe Amy, but if he found out that this was true, it would definitely split up his relationship with Kerry forever."

Would Amy actively want to take Andy from Kerry?
    "No, I think if she had to make a choice to start going out with Andy or have an amazing relationship with her mam, she would definitely choose Kerry. After all, Amy doesn't know Andy that well and it's not like he's the love of her life.

"As the story develops, we'll see that Amy is always worried about Kerry. Even if Kerry isn't in the village, she's always at the back of her mind. Kerry would have to do something horrific for Amy to choose Andy over her."

What's coming up for Amy in the longer-term?
    "This storyline continues and there's a lot more of Kerry and Amy's relationship to come out. That's exciting, because I think this needs to happen. You can't just presume what happened between them, and the amazing drama will be to finally find out what happened and unravel their relationship.

"Hopefully they'll somehow sort it out, and Kerry will realise that she's got amazing people around her who love her.

"We've also been filming some really exciting night shoots for something quite dramatic, which we've all loved. It was amazing to do and I can't wait to see it on screen. We had such a laugh and everyone was on their A-game. There were some shots that I wasn't in, and watching them was so exciting. I'll not say what happens, but it was very dramatic
    Last edited by alan45; 23-04-2013 at 01:40.

Emmerdale's Amy Wyatt embarks on a risky plan next week as she schemes to spend time with her young son Kyle.

Unable to get Kyle out of her mind after learning that his adoptive parents have died, Amy starts attending his playgroup in a desperate bid to get closer to him.

Here, Chelsea Halfpenny - who plays Amy - reveals what's in store as her character tries to bond with her son.

How is Amy feeling now that Kyle's adoptive parents have died?
    "I think that Amy gave Kyle up so that he could have a proper family life where there was a mum and dad. She knew they would give him a better life than she would have, so now that she knows that the adoptive parents have died, that's not what she had planned at all. Her outlook on what she thought he had has completely changed."

Is Amy surprised by her sudden maternal feelings towards Kyle?
    "I think Amy has always been scared of seeing him again or meeting him again, because she's wary that she would feel like that. So I don't think she's surprised. I think she's doing what she wants to do, rather than what she should do, and she's having all these impulses at one time. She's not surprised but I think she's a bit gutted that she feels that maternal for him."

What does Amy decide to do?
    "Amy's first plan is to head to Kyle's playgroup to see him and play with him, but the first time she goes, she gets cornered by one of the playgroup women who says, 'Why haven't you got a child with you?' So Amy can just kind of see Kyle in the playgroup, but she doesn't get to play with him and just goes back home. She's not giving up, it's just that she can't actually get in and it would look very odd."

What happens next?
    "In a second plan, Amy says to Andy that she'll look after baby Jack for the day, and she ends up taking him to the toddlers group where she's seen Kyle. Her plan goes pretty well, actually. She ends up talking to Kyle's grandma, and she lies by saying she's a nursery nurse and that she's looking after Jack for a friend."

Does Kyle's adoptive grandmother Joanie recognise Amy?
    "Joanie recognises Amy from the funeral straight away and says, 'Did I not see you?', so then Amy has to lie and say that she knew the parents from going to the toddler groups for a few weeks. I think Amy gets a bit of a fright at first, but because she's always had to lie all of her life, it comes second nature to her so she does it quite easily."

What does Amy make of Joanie?
    "Amy is not really investing a lot of time in Joanie, but she just seems like a normal woman to her. Amy is very distracted by the fact that Kyle is her son and she's just trying to get him to herself really."

How does Amy feel when she holds Kyle?
    "I think it's an amazing feeling for her. She's waited for that for two years, and she never thought she would see him again so it's a really maternal feeling she gets when she holds him."

Victoria warns Amy that she's playing a dangerous game. Is she right?
    "I think Amy is going to get hurt, but she doesn't care - she's not bothered. She knows Victoria is talking sense, but all she wants is someone to tell her exactly what she wants to hear. I think at this moment in time she's not bothered, as all she can see is Kyle and she wants to spend as much time with him as possible."

Do you think Amy is capable of being a better mum now?
    "I think she's definitely in a better place now than she was, and now she's got closer to her mum, she's started to develop a family unit for herself which she's never had. I think it's just that want for someone to love and want for someone that's yours."

Do you think Joanie would push Amy away if she knew who she was?
    "I definitely think she'd rethink if she knew that Amy was Kyle's real mum, because Joanie has lost her child and her son-in-law and will see this kid as the only thing she has left of her daughter. If she knew who Amy really was, she would have the fear that Kyle would get taken away from her."

Do you think Cain will ever have anything to do with Kyle if he comes back to the village at all?
    "Cain's advice is to just keep out of it because it's not their problem anymore, so I don't think initially he would. Maybe in years to come he would if Kyle came to the village and grew up there - I'm sure he would. But at this moment in time I don't think that's even on the agenda for Cain."

Would you like to see Amy and Kerry rebuild their relationship now that Kyle is back in the picture?
    "Now that Kyle's in the picture, it's the only thing that they can kind of relate to each other on, because Amy starts to lie and manipulate situations and it's the kind of thing that Kerry has done and is doing. I think in terms of wanting to make lies up to see him, Kerry's the only person that'll actually allow her to do that because she knows what it's like to do that sort of thing."

What's it been like to work with Denise Black who plays Joanie?
    "It's been great. I think she's a great actress and she's been great to work with. I'd never met her before, but loads of people here already knew her and had told me great things about her, so I always knew it was going to be fine. We've had some fun."

What's it like to work with a baby on set?
    "He's the most adorable baby. Today I had to film with him and he was getting quite tired, but he's not a whingey baby at all so he just put his head on my shoulder and I said we might have to stop filming because I'm going to cry! He was literally nestling into my neck.

"He's not very clingy, so he can be passed to us and it's a long day for us, never mind babies. They just want to play and it's hard for him when he just has to sit in my arms all the time and be passed between everyone, but he's brilliant and he's the cutest child I've ever seen. He's got huge eyes and huge lips and you can tell he's not mine! I definitely wouldn't have a kid that cute!"

Emmerdale's Amy Wyatt embarks on a risky plan next week as she schemes to spend time with her young son Kyle.

Unable to get Kyle out of her mind after learning that his adoptive parents have died, Amy starts attending his playgroup in a desperate bid to get closer to him.

Here, Chelsea Halfpenny - who plays Amy - reveals what's in store as her character tries to bond with her son.

How is Amy feeling now that Kyle's adoptive parents have died?
    "I think that Amy gave Kyle up so that he could have a proper family life where there was a mum and dad. She knew they would give him a better life than she would have, so now that she knows that the adoptive parents have died, that's not what she had planned at all. Her outlook on what she thought he had has completely changed."

Is Amy surprised by her sudden maternal feelings towards Kyle?
    "I think Amy has always been scared of seeing him again or meeting him again, because she's wary that she would feel like that. So I don't think she's surprised. I think she's doing what she wants to do, rather than what she should do, and she's having all these impulses at one time. She's not surprised but I think she's a bit gutted that she feels that maternal for him."

What does Amy decide to do?
    "Amy's first plan is to head to Kyle's playgroup to see him and play with him, but the first time she goes, she gets cornered by one of the playgroup women who says, 'Why haven't you got a child with you?' So Amy can just kind of see Kyle in the playgroup, but she doesn't get to play with him and just goes back home. She's not giving up, it's just that she can't actually get in and it would look very odd."

What happens next?
    "In a second plan, Amy says to Andy that she'll look after baby Jack for the day, and she ends up taking him to the toddlers group where she's seen Kyle. Her plan goes pretty well, actually. She ends up talking to Kyle's grandma, and she lies by saying she's a nursery nurse and that she's looking after Jack for a friend."

Does Kyle's adoptive grandmother Joanie recognise Amy?
    "Joanie recognises Amy from the funeral straight away and says, 'Did I not see you?', so then Amy has to lie and say that she knew the parents from going to the toddler groups for a few weeks. I think Amy gets a bit of a fright at first, but because she's always had to lie all of her life, it comes second nature to her so she does it quite easily."

What does Amy make of Joanie?
    "Amy is not really investing a lot of time in Joanie, but she just seems like a normal woman to her. Amy is very distracted by the fact that Kyle is her son and she's just trying to get him to herself really."

How does Amy feel when she holds Kyle?
    "I think it's an amazing feeling for her. She's waited for that for two years, and she never thought she would see him again so it's a really maternal feeling she gets when she holds him."

Victoria warns Amy that she's playing a dangerous game. Is she right?
    "I think Amy is going to get hurt, but she doesn't care - she's not bothered. She knows Victoria is talking sense, but all she wants is someone to tell her exactly what she wants to hear. I think at this moment in time she's not bothered, as all she can see is Kyle and she wants to spend as much time with him as possible."

Do you think Amy is capable of being a better mum now?
    "I think she's definitely in a better place now than she was, and now she's got closer to her mum, she's started to develop a family unit for herself which she's never had. I think it's just that want for someone to love and want for someone that's yours."

Do you think Joanie would push Amy away if she knew who she was?
    "I definitely think she'd rethink if she knew that Amy was Kyle's real mum, because Joanie has lost her child and her son-in-law and will see this kid as the only thing she has left of her daughter. If she knew who Amy really was, she would have the fear that Kyle would get taken away from her."

Do you think Cain will ever have anything to do with Kyle if he comes back to the village at all?
    "Cain's advice is to just keep out of it because it's not their problem anymore, so I don't think initially he would. Maybe in years to come he would if Kyle came to the village and grew up there - I'm sure he would. But at this moment in time I don't think that's even on the agenda for Cain."

Would you like to see Amy and Kerry rebuild their relationship now that Kyle is back in the picture?
    "Now that Kyle's in the picture, it's the only thing that they can kind of relate to each other on, because Amy starts to lie and manipulate situations and it's the kind of thing that Kerry has done and is doing. I think in terms of wanting to make lies up to see him, Kerry's the only person that'll actually allow her to do that because she knows what it's like to do that sort of thing."

What's it been like to work with Denise Black who plays Joanie?
    "It's been great. I think she's a great actress and she's been great to work with. I'd never met her before, but loads of people here already knew her and had told me great things about her, so I always knew it was going to be fine. We've had some fun."

What's it like to work with a baby on set?
    "He's the most adorable baby. Today I had to film with him and he was getting quite tired, but he's not a whingey baby at all so he just put his head on my shoulder and I said we might have to stop filming because I'm going to cry! He was literally nestling into my neck.

"He's not very clingy, so he can be passed to us and it's a long day for us, never mind babies. They just want to play and it's hard for him when he just has to sit in my arms all the time and be passed between everyone, but he's brilliant and he's the cutest child I've ever seen. He's got huge eyes and huge lips and you can tell he's not mine! I definitely wouldn't have a kid that cute!"

Emmerdale's Amy Wyatt vows to get custody of her baby son Kyle next week.

Amy makes the desperate threat after Kyle's adopted grandmother Joanie (Denise Black) once again bans her from having any further contact with the youngster.

Joanie does so as she feels that she can't trust Amy after Kyle falls into a river while he was supposed to be under her supervision.

Here, Chelsea Halfpenny - who plays Amy - previews the latest twists and turns in the Kyle storyline.

How does Amy feel about the fact that she's now allowed to see Kyle?
    "I think she's really excited. I don't think she understands how deep she's getting into all this and how it could end up. She's just kind of thinking for the moment, being really selfish and not understanding what this could do to the child. I think in herself she's really excited, but from somebody else's point of view she's being quite selfish, really."

Joanie sets some ground rules, which end up upsetting Amy. Why is that?
    "I think Amy sees Kyle as her property and thinks she's got a right to him, but she hasn't really. From Joanie's point of view, I think she can see Amy and her family getting too close. Joanie doesn't like all that, so she ends up setting her some rules. Amy's really offended, but is willing to do anything that Joanie says just to see Kyle."

How does Amy feel when Eric goes on holiday while Val stays behind to be with her?
    "I think she's devastated, because she wanted everyone supporting her, even though it's wrong what she's doing. She just wants people to tell her what she wants to hear, and Eric won't. He can't just stand there and watch her have it all blow up in her face, which evidently it will and it does. I think she's devastated because they're a proper unit and she sees Eric as her dad. So for him not to support her is really awful for her."

Can you talk us through what happens when Amy, Val and Joanie take Kyle down to the river?
    "Joanie has said that Amy can see Kyle, but only with Joanie chaperoning it. So the first time they go out, Joanie is watching over them and they just go for a nice little picnic by the river and Amy wanders off to play with Kyle a bit closer to the water. They're playing pooh sticks, which is a game that Amy and her mam used to play when they were younger.

"It all goes a bit wrong and like any toddler, you've got to keep your eye on them all the time, but because she's not used to spending time with a toddler, she takes her eye off him for ten seconds and next thing she knows he falls in the river."

How were those scenes to film?
    "I absolutely loved it, actually. I know it's an awful thing to happen, but luckily it turns out okay. The actual filming of it was amazing. I was in the river and there were loads of tiny little worms and all the fishes. I basically just had to face-plant all the rocks and stuff. Obviously there were like a million people around for safety reasons, but it was so exciting.

"I had six divers all around and the stunt coordinator, and then there was a woman who did the immediate jump from the bank into the river and she was great. From behind, she did actually look exactly like me. The actual river was really shallow that day, so it was only about ten inches deep, something ridiculous like that, but I had to make it look as though it was really deep. I had to make it look like it was taking me under. I kept banging my knee and everything."

How did you make it look deep?
    "I kind of had to let my body just float - relax my body but then use my arms to swim. I was just being really dramatic by coughing and then letting myself go under for a second, then coming back up. I really, really enjoyed it."

How much danger is Kyle in?
    "At one point he's kind of stuck next to a tree by loads of weeds. It is traumatic and I'm sure when people are watching it, they'll be on tenterhooks. You'll be shouting at the TV, 'Get him out!' Because I knew it was a doll, it was fine and the little boy obviously didn't end up having to go in or anything like that.

"Afterwards, Amy doesn't actually get to see Kyle and neither does the audience. I think he's fine - he's probably just being a little bit sickly for the next few days, because he will have been swallowing all sorts of awful stuff, but I think he's fine. He's still healthy and everything."

Why does Amy then decide to call social services?
    "It's because Joanie says there's no way Amy can see him again, as she should have stopped him from falling in. Amy goes and starts banging on their door and screaming, because she can just see this little boy getting further and further away from her. So she gets a bit hysterical and it scares Joanie a little bit, so Joanie just says it's the last time she'll be able to see him. So Amy thinks, 'Well the only thing I can do is sort it legally'."

Does Amy think she's got a good chance of getting custody?
    "Yes. She's not researched it or anything like that, she just thinks, 'Well I'm his mum, why wouldn't I?' She also thinks that Joanie's only the one person, whereas she's got a full family. Really it's not legal, but she doesn't know that. Even if she did in the back of her mind, she doesn't want to think like that - she wants to think as positive as possible."

What happens when Joanie finds out about Amy's plans?
    "She's absolutely distraught, because it's a threat. Amy is blood to Kyle. So Joanie calls social services straight away and says she's got no chance, but there's always that thing in the back of your mind, 'What if?' I just think it's making her more and more furious really."

It's actually Kerry who lets Amy's plans slip to Joanie. How does Amy react when she finds out about this?
    "She's just exasperated. She says to Kerry, 'Why do you keep doing this? Why can you not leave things alone?' She just always makes the wrong decisions, so of course Amy is gutted but at this point it's almost like she's not even angry at Kerry. She just thinks, 'I should've expected it from you'."

If Amy did manage to get custody of Kyle, would that help her bond with Kerry a bit more?
    "I think the odd thing is that Amy was put in foster care and her mam has now seen her do the same thing, so I think they can bond on some level. There's some common ground. If Kerry was to help Amy out, this is the only thing that could bring them together because it's the only thing they can talk about on the same level."

Do you think Amy would be a better mum than Kerry?
    "I think she's a lot more level-headed than Kerry. I think she's perhaps more intelligent. If the situation was legal, I'm not sure whether it'd be a good idea to get him back, because he has missed out on two years of his life and how do you explain that to someone? I'm not sure if she should've gone to the funeral in the first place really, but that's just me."

Do you think that Andy will support Amy in this?
    "I think he's trying to, whilst Eric's gone, be the one who is thinking through things properly. He does try to make her see sense, but at the same time he's trying to be a loving boyfriend and support her."

Do you think Andy does love Amy?
    "Yeah, I think if things weren't so complicated and so serious, then straight away they'd be a nice couple, but it has just gotten really deep really quickly. Because they got together straight away and then this happened straight away."

If Amy does get custody, will she let Joanie see Kyle?
    "She says that she would at first, but then Joanie throws that back in her face. I think in an ideal world she wouldn't want to, but she wants to do anything that'll make Kyle happy, really, so she would in the end if it happened."

How have you found this storyline?
    "I've loved it. I've enjoyed working with the little boy who was just extremely cute. It's just something a bit different to the average teenage storyline - getting a boyfriend, cheating on him - things like that. This has been something a bit gritter. I'm really loving doing it."

Did you always think they would bring Amy's son back?
    "I was kind of open to any great storyline that came along, but I did have a lot of audience members asking me about the baby. That was always the question I was asked - 'When are they going to bring Kyle back?' So I think all teams expected it to happen. I don't think you could leave that for too long, because it was such a huge thing for the character so I think it had to come back at some point."

How has it been to work with Denise Black, who plays Joanie?
    "It's been brilliant. I've loved it and it was great to meet her. She's got a lot of experience and we chat all the time about all the different things she's done. We have a right laugh and I couldn't think of anyone better to play Joanie, really. We've had a really nice time."

Thread Information