Emmerdale star Chelsea Halfpenny has said that her character must do what's best for baby Kyle.

The actress plays Amy Wyatt, who got pregnant after a one-night stand with Cain Dingle and recently gave birth in secret.

Foster mum Val is pressuring her to keep the baby, but Halfpenny has insisted that Amy considers the difficulties of being a teenage single mother before making her decision.

"I'd tell her to just do what's best for the child," Halfpenny told Inside Soap magazine. "I don't think the baby's father, Cain, would ever want to share a youngster with Amy, so she would be a single mum. And it will be very interesting to see how he reacts to what she decides."

Speaking of the babies who play Kyle, she added: "They're so adorable! We've got a boy and a girl who take turns playing Kyle. They're just so tiny and cute! I've really bonded with them.

"I'm quite good with children - I've got two young cousins who are three and four years old. I just sit and stare at them while talking in a silly baby voice."

Amy remains one of the suspects in Emmerdale's 'Judgement Day' storyline, which saw Cain Dingle being brutally attacked.