Hollyoaks stars Joe Tracini and Modupe Adeyeye have discussed their characters' relationship and upcoming storylines.

The pair, who play Dennis Savage and Blessing Chambers in the soap, are currently growing closer. However, Dennis is still unaware that Blessing is a transsexual female.

In an interview with transexual filmmaker Lewis Hancox for Channel 4, Adeyeye revealed why Blessing confessed her secret to Tony.

"She's at a point where she's so stressed and she needs someone to release to and Tony's just there," she said. "As much as she'd love to be honest with Dennis, she's not going to do that because she's scare of losing him.

"She will definitely tell Dennis, I think it's just one of those things, if you really love someone and you really have a great bond with them, I think it's harder to tell them the truth than someone you don't care about."

She added: "I feel like she wants to tell Dennis and she will eventually but it's taking so much time because she doesn't want to lose him - she's scared of losing him."

Speaking about how Dennis will react to Blessing's eventual confession, Tracini said: "At first he's obviously shocked because there's a lot of stuff that happens in the weeks coming up to that.

"I think from all of the things he could have gone through in his head, this just doesn't enter into it. I always think 'how would I react' and I haven't got a clue. I'd like to react quite well and do the right thing and listen to my heart and all that stuff, but I don't know. I don't know what I'd do.

"I hope that in human beings just as a thing is that if you fall in love with the person, it doesn't matter about anything else because you love them and not anything else."

Speaking about the future of their relationship, Tracini added: "It's going to be the both of them just trying to deal with what's happened. It's certainly not something Dennis has been through. I don't know if it's something that Blessing has been through but certainly not to this level.

"It's just watching them struggle with finding a balance between both of their personalities and what they're both going through and at the same time trying to stay together through it because they love each other."