Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dennis Savage (Joe Tracini)

Hollyoaks stars Joe Tracini and Modupe Adeyeye have discussed their characters' relationship and upcoming storylines.

The pair, who play Dennis Savage and Blessing Chambers in the soap, are currently growing closer. However, Dennis is still unaware that Blessing is a transsexual female.

In an interview with transexual filmmaker Lewis Hancox for Channel 4, Adeyeye revealed why Blessing confessed her secret to Tony.

"She's at a point where she's so stressed and she needs someone to release to and Tony's just there," she said. "As much as she'd love to be honest with Dennis, she's not going to do that because she's scare of losing him.

"She will definitely tell Dennis, I think it's just one of those things, if you really love someone and you really have a great bond with them, I think it's harder to tell them the truth than someone you don't care about."

She added: "I feel like she wants to tell Dennis and she will eventually but it's taking so much time because she doesn't want to lose him - she's scared of losing him."

Speaking about how Dennis will react to Blessing's eventual confession, Tracini said: "At first he's obviously shocked because there's a lot of stuff that happens in the weeks coming up to that.

"I think from all of the things he could have gone through in his head, this just doesn't enter into it. I always think 'how would I react' and I haven't got a clue. I'd like to react quite well and do the right thing and listen to my heart and all that stuff, but I don't know. I don't know what I'd do.

"I hope that in human beings just as a thing is that if you fall in love with the person, it doesn't matter about anything else because you love them and not anything else."

Speaking about the future of their relationship, Tracini added: "It's going to be the both of them just trying to deal with what's happened. It's certainly not something Dennis has been through. I don't know if it's something that Blessing has been through but certainly not to this level.

"It's just watching them struggle with finding a balance between both of their personalities and what they're both going through and at the same time trying to stay together through it because they love each other."

Hollyoaks star Joe Tracini has revealed that there is a more serious storyline ahead for his comic character Dennis Savage.

Dennis will face a sombre time next month as the one-year anniversary of Leanne Holiday's death arrives.

Leanne died in hospital in October last year after being caught up in the council flats explosion. She tied the knot with Dennis in a deathbed wedding before slipping away.

Tracini told Inside Soap: "The anniversary of Leanne's death is approaching and Dennis realises that he hasn't dealt with it properly. Then he finds out some information about her death that he wasn't aware of, so he goes looking for revenge - he needs some closure.

"Dennis is not particularly experienced in revenge though, so things aren't set to get too nasty. At the end of the day, he'll always be a nice bloke."

Show bosses also announced today (September 23) that Dennis's father Charles will be joining Hollyoaks as a new doctor for Dee Valley Hospital. Actor Andrew Greenough will be playing the character.

Andrew Greenough as Doctor Charles S'avage in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Andrew Greenough as Doctor Charles S'avage

Charles's arrival will no doubt mean a busier time on screen for Dennis in the build-up to his departure from the Channel 4 soap.

Discussing his exit plot, Tracini added: "I can't talk about when or how it's going to happen. I can make something up about him going to Switzerland to be a goat farmer if you like? I think that's one of the few things that hasn't been done on Hollyoaks yet!

"I've filmed some really nice stuff over the past few weeks, so it's going to be very exciting when all of that comes on screen. I'm looking forward to seeing it."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-09-2014)

I hope Dennis don't die
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 23-09-2014 at 17:57.

Joe Tracini has filmed his final scenes as Dennis Savage for Hollyoaks.

The actor tweeted a series of messages detailing his last day on the set of the Channel 4 soap.

Big chapter closed today.
    Will miss my awkward, chubby, fictional counterpart.
    At least i'm still awkward and chubby. pic.twitter.com/AK47cIkzPk

— Joe Tracini (@joetracini) October 10, 2014

Earlier this year, Tracini confirmed his intention to leave the soap at the end of 2014.

He said: "I want to tell you all from me that I'll be leaving Hollyoaks at the end of the year. It's an amazing place to work, and I'll miss it!"

Some more 'I'm leaving so look at me and my work mates' pictures for you all because I want some attention. pic.twitter.com/Sn4ao3dKKB

— Joe Tracini (@joetracini) October 9, 2014

Tracini tweeted several pictures of himself with cast-mates, including Danny Mac, who plays his on-screen brother Mark "Dodger" Savage, before writing: "Big chapter closed today. Will miss my awkward, chubby, fictional counterpart. At least I'm still awkward and chubby."

I love him. @dannymaconline. pic.twitter.com/jAJrCJRcr5

— Joe Tracini (@joetracini) October 10, 2014

Meanwhile, Hollyoaks has dramatic scenes lined up for Dennis Savage after he hears that Trevor Royle was to blame for the death of his wife Leanne Holiday.

Dennis (Joe Tracini) makes the discovery as he marks the first anniversary of Leanne's death in an emotional week.

Although Dennis is struggling as the sad date looms, he tries to hide how he is feeling around his current love interest Blessing Chambers. However, Blessing inadvertently makes matters much worse when she accidentally mistakes a box of Leanne's belongings for antiques emporium stock and sells the lot.

Blessing is mortified when she finds out what she has done and goes along to Leanne's grave with Dennis to make amends. While there, they are both confused to see an emotional Trevor (Greg Wood) at the cemetery, secretly apologising to Leanne for his involvement in the explosion that killed her.

Dennis doesn't realise what Trevor's motives are until he speaks to Sinead Roscoe and she tells him that the bad boy was responsible for the bomb at the flats.

A shocked Dennis goes straight to the police with what he knows, but when they refuse to reopen the investigation, he breaks into Trevor and Grace's place, turns on the gas and threatens to blow up the flat!

Dennis breaks into Trevor and Grace's flat
    © Lime Pictures
    Dennis breaks into Trevor and Grace's flat

Dennis confronts Trevor
    © Lime Pictures
    Dennis confronts Trevor

Trevor and Grace are shocked by Dennis
    © Lime Pictures
    Trevor and Grace are shocked by Dennis

Dennis is inconsolable
    © Lime Pictures
    Dennis is inconsolable

Hollyoaks airs these scenes on Friday, October 24 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-10-2014)

Hollyoaks joker Dennis Savage features in dramatic scenes next week as he threatens to blow up Trevor Royle and Grace Black's flat.

Dennis has an angry showdown with the village's gangsters after discovering that Trevor was partly responsible for the death of his wife Leanne in last year's Hollyoaks Blast.

The surprising events play out on the first anniversary of Leanne's death, which brings up unresolved grief for Dennis as he realises that he hasn't truly moved on from the tragedy.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Joe Tracini, who plays Dennis, for his thoughts on the storyline and his character's other current plots.

This story is a bit more serious than usual for Dennis. Have you enjoyed filming it?
    "I have - I always enjoy doing the serious stuff. I loved doing the scenes where Leanne snuffed it and I absolutely love doing anything that's still related to that. It was hard work, because I really went for it when we did that last year."

Are you glad that the show's writers haven't forgotten Leanne?
    "I am, as I think that it's important. It's something that I've always tried to keep in mind when I'm playing Dennis. Things do move along quickly in soaps and people move on to new relationships more quickly than they do in real life - unless they're overly attractive, which I am not!

"It was important to give a sense of realism to it and make sure that we did remember Leanne, so we've always mentioned her as the year has gone on."

How is Dennis feeling as the anniversary of Leanne's death approaches?
    "He's not feeling great! I think what Dennis realises is that he never really dealt with it properly. He picked himself up, moved on and didn't really think about the gravity of it all. When he gets to the anniversary and nobody else remembers, he realises that his feelings of loss are still quite raw.

"It hits Dennis quite hard, especially when Blessing picks up a box of Leanne's stuff by accident and starts flogging it at the antiques emporium! She only realises what it is when she finds a picture of Dennis and Leanne in there. Dennis gets the right hump about that and he's really hurt by it all."

Dennis realises something is wrong with Blessing
    © Lime Pictures
    Dennis is in for a shock

How does Dennis feel when he later sees Trevor at Leanne's grave?
    "Blessing forces Dennis to go to the grave, so when he sees Trevor there he's pleased at first. He's glad to see that Trevor has remembered that Leanne died when nobody else did. Dennis doesn't think about it and realise that actually Trevor isn't a very nice man!

"It's only later on when Trevor and Sinead argue in the pub that things change. Dennis asks what it was all about, so Sinead tells him that it was Trevor's bomb that killed Leanne. It's devastating for Dennis and he didn't see it coming at all. It's a kick in the stomach!"

Can you tell us about Dennis's attempts to get revenge?
    "Dennis goes quite inward with the whole thing because he doesn't know what to do. He's not great at revenge because he's a silly sod!

"Dennis sees Trevor and Grace walking around in the village and it hits home that his girlfriend is dead while Trevor's isn't, so that gives him the hump! He follows them into their flat, turns the gas on and picks up a box of matches. It's quite out of character, but if people are grief-stricken, maybe they will blow stuff up!"

Was it a challenge to take Dennis to such an extreme place?
    "It was. It's hard because it takes six hours to do those scenes. Some people do those kinds of stories all the time, but I don't. It's hard work when you've got to get really worked up and shout!

"Well, there are harder jobs in the world, but it is quite difficult as when you're used to just messing about and walking into walls, you do have a responsibility not to be really bad at the other stuff. You try to make it as real as possible, which isn't easy but it's fun."

Dennis confronts Trevor
    © Lime Pictures
    Dennis confronts Trevor

Does Trevor show any remorse for his actions?
    "Absolutely - he really does. Things do come to a head between Dennis and Trevor, and you end up seeing a different side to Trevor because of that. You see a much softer side to him. You've seen that over the past year anyway, but there's some really nice scenes where you do see Trevor's delicate side. That's really nice when he's a big, burly Mancunian bloke like he is - it's nice to see a soft side!"

Have you enjoyed working with Greg Wood on the storyline?
    "Yeah, I really like working with Greg - he's good fun! Although I don't like working with tall people! (Laughs.) I'm only 5 foot 4, so I try to stay as far away from Greg as possible, but I like to laugh at him from afar!"

Would you like Dennis to get his revenge?
    "I don't think it's the way to deal with things! If you're going to deal with a problem, the solution isn't to blow stuff up! If it does go that way, I don't think he'd get much solace from it. Dennis would be much better talking it out with Trevor."

What was your reaction when you found out that Hollyoaks were bringing in Dennis's dad Dr S'avage?
    "I was really pleased, because we've never really heard much about Dennis's family. He just turned up a bit awkwardly three years ago. I was over the moon when I heard what was coming up. I got to audition a load of people for the role as well, which was lovely. I didn't have any particular opinion or sway in it, but it was nice to experience that side of things too.

"I've really enjoyed working with Andrew Greenough in the stuff we've had together. He's a lovely man and he does look like me in a few years' time, but I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not!"

Blessing and Dr Savage try to stop Dennis
    © Lime Pictures
    Blessing and Dr S'avage try to stop Dennis

What kind of dynamic can we expect between Dennis and Dr S'avage?
    "Dennis's dad just upped and left years ago because he wanted to have a career instead of kids. It was a bit late for that, so Dennis was on his own! Dennis isn't happy and it's quite awkward because his dad is the last person he wants to see. Much like Dennis, Dr S'avage is an idiot, so he didn't realise that he was taking a job in the same village that his son and brother live in!

"I think me and Andrew both know why we're in the show - we're there for a bit of light relief and we take advantage of that. We've played about with it and tried to get as much light in it as possible, because it can be a bit doom and gloom - particularly me when I'm knocking on about Leanne! There are some scenes which are very serious but we decided to have a laugh with them, so it's hopefully more pleasant to watch."

Can Dennis and Dr S'avage make things up?
    "Oh yeah, there is a chance they can make things up but there's also a chance that they won't and it'll just be really awkward forever!"

People were quite surprised when you announced that you'd be leaving Hollyoaks. Why did you decide to go?
    "Initially I only came in for six months and I've loved being on the show. After three years, I just thought it was time to move on and try a couple of other things.

"I've really loved the opportunities I've had at Hollyoaks to work out if I can really act or not. The jury is very much still out on that, but I've been really busy this year, so I thought it was the right time for me to see if I can get off and do other things. I might not do other things, but I'll give it a bash!"

Is there a part of you that's sad to see the Dennis and Blessing story end?
    "Absolutely. It's one of those storylines I felt a real responsibility with, because you're talking about things that people really are going through. I took that really seriously right from the beginning.

"We did a lot of workshops with a group called All About Trans, which is a support network for people going through that at whatever stage. When you're dealing with an issue that people could be struggling with, I think you have a responsibility not to screw it up. I am sad that we'll be finishing that, because it is very important and it's been nice to be involved in that."

Dennis is suspicious of Blessing
    © Lime Pictures
    Dennis and Blessing

Would you say it's been making a positive impact?
    "Very much so from what I've heard. It was important to do it as realistically as possible. You do have a tendency on shows like these to go bigger and more brash, but here it was important to keep it real and I think we've succeeded in that to the best of our ability."

Would you like to return to the show at some point?
    "I'd like the door to be left open. It might not be left open - Dennis might die in a freak farmyard accident, but I won't hold your breath on that one! Personally I'd like it to be left open because you never know what will happen, and I'm pretty sure I'd prefer to come back to Hollyoaks than go to I'm A Celebrity!"

What are your hopes for the future?
    "As long as I keep breathing I'm happy! I don't set the bar high, to be honest with you! As long as I'm in a position where I can genuinely be a happy person, then that's enough for me."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (16-10-2014)

Hollyoaks will air Joe Tracini's final scenes in the role of Dennis Savage next week.

The actor filmed his exit from the Channel 4 soap a month ago and will soon bow out in scenes shot specially on-location away from the village.

As previously reported, upcoming scenes see Dennis embark on a desperate mission to find his on-off girlfriend Blessing Chambers (Modupe Adeyeye) following her recent departure from the village.

The pair remain on rocky ground once they come face-to-face again, until Dennis reaches a final decision on whether or not they have a future.

Show bosses are currently keeping tight-lipped about exactly how Dennis leaves and whether Blessing will join him when he goes.

Tracini told Inside Soap: "The reason I came into the show was for a bit of light relief amid all the drama, so I would like Dennis to leave on a happy note.

"Sadly, there's a rule at Hollyoaks that nobody can be happy for more than four days, so we'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out!"

Tracini announced his departure from Hollyoaks in April and is departing after three years with the show.

Hollyoaks airs Dennis's final episode on Friday, November 21 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-11-2014), tammyy2j (11-11-2014)

poor dennis deserves a happy ending but think he dies too

he is returning

Thread Information