Thread: One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful

One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful

One Direction have premiered their debut single 'What Makes You Beautiful'.

The boyband's new track received its first play on Radio 1 this morning. One Direction shot to fame after forming on the last series of Simon Cowell's X Factor.

After signing to the music mogul's Syco record label, the group began working on their album and recorded 'What Makes You Beautiful' in Los Angeles earlier this year.

"We're so excited to get the single finally out there," Harry Styles said. "When we were recording in the studio we knew instantly that we wanted this track to be our first single."

Zayn Malik added: "I think the album is going to surprise a few people. It's very individual to us. We wanted to make sure that it was our sound."

'What Makes You Beautiful' was written and produced by X Factor vocal coach Savan Kotecha, Rami Yacoub and Carl Falk.

The single, available with B-side 'Na Na Na', will be released on September 11, while the album will follow later in the autumn.

I'm sure it will be a hit with the teens

Video

Loving this song at the moment. So glad they didn't just churn out a cover version of something. Great sound. Hope they stay successful
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

I hate it but the dam chorus is in my head.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

One Direction rise to fame will reportedly be charted in a new ITV2 film.

The boyband were put together on last year's X Factor, during which they finished third. Their debut single 'What Makes You Beautiful' recently topped the UK charts, becoming the fastest-selling track of the year.

The fivesome were followed by cameras as they worked on their debut album, according to The Sun. James Corden's production company is said to have won the contract to make the feature.

"One Direction's story is pretty incredible - from X Factor losers to chart-toppers in less than a year," a source told the paper. "We have been following the lads ever since they first embarked on their plans for pop world domination.

"The cameras follow them to the US where they worked on their first album and got into all sorts of mischief. The lads are pretty candid and we're sure it will be a hit among their army of fans."

Syco boss Simon Cowell, who has apparently covered half of the film's £150,000 budget, has backed One Direction to become one of the ITV1 show's most successful acts.

"You're going to see an explosion happen here the likes of which we haven't seen since Take That," he said. "And I think that's exciting."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

megan999 (23-09-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Syco boss Simon Cowell, who has apparently covered half of the film's £150,000 budget, has backed One Direction to become one of the ITV1 show's most successful acts.

"You're going to see an explosion happen here the likes of which we haven't seen since Take That," he said. "And I think that's exciting."
    Let's hope he's right and they don't bomb like Red or Black!!
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Only 1 week at No. 1

Zayn Malik quits One Direction: "I'd like to apologise to the fans"

The singer departed the group's On The Road Again world tour last week after being signed off for stress, but has now made the decision to leave the band permanently.

Caption:LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 11: Zayn Malik of One Direction attends the BBC Music Awards at Earl's Court Exhibition Centre on December 11, 2014 in London, England. (Photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage)
    © Karwai Tang/WireImage

"My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined," Malik said in a statement.

"But, after five years, I feel like it is now the right time for me to leave the band. I'd like to apologise to the fans if I've let anyone down, but I have to do what feels right."

In a joint statement, the remaining members of One Direction said: "We're really sad to see Zayn go, but we totally respect his decision and send him all our love for the future.

"The past five years have been beyond amazing, we've gone through so much together, so we will always be friends. The four of us will now continue.

One Direction perform on the 'Today' show as part of their NBC Toyota Concert Series in Rockefeller Center
    © Dan Jackman/WENN.com
    One Direction perform on the 'Today' show

"We're looking forward to recording the new album and seeing all the fans on the next stage of the world tour."

One Direction's label boss Simon Cowell added: "I would like to say thank you to Zayn for everything he has done for One Direction.

"Since I first met Zayn in 2010, I have grown very, very fond - and immensely proud - of him. I have seen him grow in confidence and I am truly sorry to see him leave.

"As for One Direction, fans can rest assured that ‎Niall, Liam, Harry and Louis are hugely excited about the future of the band."

One Direction will continue their On The Road Again world tour in Jakarta, Indonesia tonight (March 25), before travelling to South Africa this weekend.

Thread Information