Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: London riots

Quote Originally Posted by Tuareet View Post
    It is spreading around the country now, we had riots in Bristol last night. It's time they got tough with these mindless thugs and turned the water cannons on them, I doubt they would like getting soaked!! They could also get the armed forces in to help the police as they just don't have the equipment or manpower to deal with these riots.
    Here in Germany, the water cannons would have been out on the streets on Saturday, Sunday at the latest. Problem is now, they can't be on every street in every town in UK where some morons decide it is great fun to trash their neighbourhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I only hope that our parkerman on here and other London residents are safe and sound, I have family in some parts, still need to find out whether they are ok or not.
    Thanks Perdy, but I'm not a London resident. I live in sunny Clacton-on-Sea.

But it was a bit scary last night watching the live broadcast on TV as they were in Hackney, where I was born and bred and I recognised the street they were actually filming in and know it well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-08-2011)

My family is safe also ,managed to make contact, but I hope it all calms down again now, this kind of action has to stop!!!

Some idiots on facebook posting pictures of themselves and their loot

It is time the police stopped this crap they need the armed forces

Learning yesterday morning, that they were going to riot last night in Manchester. I made sure my 15 year old was not out. Was not to pleased about having to stay in.

If they sent water cannons into the streets. When your kid comes in wet from top to toe, you would have a good idea where they had been.
    Kids are doing this for the fun of it then posting photo's on face book. Parents cannot be blind to new thing appearing in their homes, which they have not bought.

The youth of today need jobs. All they see is foreigners taking the jobs which could be theirs. The government old and new have a lot to answer to, the state of the country is down to them.

The police stand by. While these people riot, because they are scared of being took to court after, for doing their job. Their hands are tied.

Nanny state, with the criminal and kids having the upper hand.
    It all boils down to lack of discipline, respect for others, The first thing a kid says to a parent, teacher,or any adult. Trying to control their behaviour. Is I am going to report you to child line or the police.

The country in crises. If these politicians, homes were under attack. They would soon fetch in new laws, that would put an end to this sort of behaviour.

M C F C

layla "The youth of today need jobs. All they see is foreigners taking the jobs which could be theirs"

i think this is a very unfair, unjust statement. A lot of these job foreigners are "taking" from these youths are generally low paid jobs and youths don't want them. Also employers have a lot to answer for too as they offered lower wages to foreigners than to nationals as most national know their rights. You cannot blame youths not getting jobs on foreigners. Also a lot of skilled jobs require another language which these kid who are rioting probably haven't got..
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I thought it was because United lost to City at weekend
    Not the first time i have heard that one!! also JD sports isnt being Looted its just the city fans putting their shirts back!

All joking aside, i think that it is awful whats going on, i went to pick my cousin up from work in Birmingham on monday and the city was a mess. I was feeling proud that it hadnt hit manchester but that didnt last ong and looters and rioters had hit there as well. However facebook had launched a clean up campaign and the city had been cleared up in like an hour and a bit so thats something to be proud of, there are still people who care. The downpour of rain seems to have stopped it as well for the time being.

I see that social networking has taken a hammering as that is how a lot of the info has spread but it was also the way some arrests have been made like the lad who was filmed setting miss selfridge on fire, he has since been arrested.

I feel for those three poor innocent people that were trying to help there communities in Birmingham and were killed for their efforts.

A man arrested for looting Liam Gallagher's clothing store Pretty Green has been sentenced to eight months in prison.

The Beady Eye frontman's store, located on King's Street in central Manchester, was looted on Tuesday night during the riots across the UK. Its windows were smashed, leading to the shop having its stock stolen.

Owen Flanagan, 28, from Levenshulme, pleaded guilty to two counts of burglary. He admitted to stealing clothing worth up to £175 and two electrical items.

It is currently not known if others will also be prosecuted for theft at the store. Courts around the UK are processing the multitude of cases of arrests following the riots.

A Sony warehouse, home to PIAS distribution, which handles releases from independent record labels, was torched during the riots in London on Monday night.

Good news!

theres beeen a few that manchester mags have sent up to the crown as they believe that they havent adaquete sentences! thats good news!

Not having a job does not justify mindless thugs going around trashing people's lively hood that they have worked years to build up. There are many problems with young people of Britain today. 1 There is no jobs for them and apprenticeships pay sweetie money. Their parents get more Tax Credit for them than they would a wage. 2) They have no role models or proper structure. If young people have been brought up in homes were parents are dependent on welfare benefits yet still manage to clothes their children to in the latest designer gear then they're not going to bother trying to get a job. The problem with this country is that everyone is sh!t scared to take some authority. They would much rather pass the blame onto someone else. The jails are over run so they can't put them in prison so why not hit them were it hurts, arrest their benefits to pay for fines. We all know if we're late with council tax bills or overdrafts then they freeze our accounts why not do that with these scumbags stop their dole money or it they're under 16 bill the parents for their darling children's antics.

There was no rioting up here in Scotland although a couple of scumbags did try to start them on facebook, but you what my nephew has four photography shops in Scotland and if any of these animals tried to loot or destroy his livelyhood like what has been happening in England I would do time for kicking f**k out of them. There is no excuse for what they have done. Animals the lot of them

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (14-08-2011)

Thread Information