Hollyoaks star Craig Vye has revealed that he is in physical competition with fellow male cast members.

The 28-year-old, who plays lothario Ethan Scott in the teen soap, reserved special praise for the size of Rob Norbury (Riley Costello).

"There's loads of competition! My gym buddies are Danny Mac (Dodger) and James Atherton (Will Savage), so we egg each other on," Vye told Inside Soap.

"And Rob likes to flash his guns. I can't believe he's only 22 years old, as he's a big lad - I'm sure he's lying on his birth certificate! But he doesn't scare us, it's all just good banter."

The actor, who has portrayed the detective constable since last December, also said that wife Amber has a soft spot for his two-timing alter ego.

"She loves the show! I think she reckons that Ethan's a bit of a charmer, and probably sees a few elements of him in me," he continued.

"When you're acting, you can never completely detach your own personality from a character you're playing, but I hope she recognises that the duplicitous elements of Ethan's personality haven't come from me!

"She doesn't tell me off when I got back to our home in London on the weekends so everything must be okay," Vye added.