Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aadi Alahan

Aadi Alahan

CORRIE'S Dev Alahan sees his son play an amazing golf shot - and turns into a pushy parent.
    Dev (Jimmy Harkishin) becomes convinced five-year-old Aadi is the next Tiger Woods.

Scenes air in September.

The Sun

oh dev! will he ever have a decent storyline again!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    oh dev! will he ever have a decent storyline again!
    no, because he's forgotten how to act and now just shouts
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Coming up on Coronation Street, Dev Alahan is shocked to realise that his 13-year-old son Aadi may already be having sex.

Dev (Jimmi Harkishin) makes the discovery while looking through Aadi's bedroom – finding that the teenager has condoms hidden away.

Unsure how to handle the situation, Dev confides in Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) about what's going on.

Corrie bosses have previously announced that Steve's daughter Amy Barlow will get pregnant in an upcoming storyline, with unconfirmed reports suggesting that gang leader Tyler Jefferies will be the father.

After hearing what Dev has told him, could Steve put two and two together and make five when he later learns of Amy's pregnancy? Will Aadi be accused of being the dad?

Digital Spy

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...alahan-recast/

Coronation Street has recast the role of Aadi Alahan, after actor Zennon Ditchett exited the show.

Ditchett first played Dev's son in 2009 but chose to step down from the part late last year in order to focus on his A Levels.

Adam Hussain will be taking over as Aadi, with his first appearance airing on Wednesday, April 15. The recasting comes as Aadi will have a significant role in his twin sister Asha's upcoming storyline starting later this month.

Asha, played by Tanisha Gorey, will be mortified when sexual images are leaked by her boyfriend Corey Brent to her friends and online. Aadi tries his hardest to help and protect Asha, but is powerless to stop the images from spreading and damaging her reputation.

The ITV soap is working with the NSPCC on the storyline.

"I am excited to play the role of Aadi, putting my own twist on him as the character becomes involved in an important new storyline," Hussain said.

"I was already good friends with Tanisha Gorey before coming to the Street, which helps hugely with portraying the bond of brother and sister.

"Everyone at Coronation Street has been so welcoming, bringing me into their family and treating me as one of their own. I have always associated Coronation Street with family and togetherness, which is so important at this time.

"Having already filmed the start of this story before we had to stop production, I look forward to returning as part of the amazing team who bring entertainment and joy to the screens of viewers across the nation."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (09-04-2020), tammyy2j (12-04-2020)

will he get with rick neelan's daughter

his resentment of dev and asha grows, he wants to clean dev out with kelly's help as they get close

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...alahan-change/

Coronation Street has confirmed plans to revisit the romantic chemistry between Aadi Alahan and Amy Barlow.

A possible spark between the pair was first explored earlier this year, but Aadi became distracted when Courtney Vance made a play for him and they started an affair.

Aadi and Courtney are now living together in a flat, but recent spoilers have suggested that their relationship could be nearing its end.

In the coming weeks, Aadi will become more closely involved with Amy again as the show explores how she's coping following her rape ordeal. Elle Mulvaney, who plays Amy, first hinted at this story last week when she promised some surprising new scenes.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media in a recent press call, Coronation Street's producer Iain MacLeod explained: "Amy, despite outward appearances, is profoundly affected by what happened ? as she will be for the rest of her life. So there's another chapter of this.

"We wanted this chapter to be a final catharsis that doesn't allow Amy to move on exactly, because I don't know that you ever can. But it allows her to enter a different chapter of her reaction to what went on.

"Amy will find herself driven to some fairly extreme lengths, in what she sees as an attempt to right some wrongs. She feels that she's acting in an entirely justified way. But it will fall to one of her friends to pull it back from the brink before she criminalises herself essentially, in a pursuit of what she believes to be a just outcome.

"I've just watched these scenes recently, and they are stomach-churningly good and entirely believable. I think Elle Mulvaney and Adam Hussain, who's the actor in the middle of it as Aadi, are fantastically good ? both individually and together across this story.

"Indeed, this story is a really significant staging post in our ongoing fostering of this closeness between Aadi and Amy. It's them being best friends and having each other's back, come what may. It's a really, really long-range love story that we're hoping to tell with them. It's going to really engage the audience."

He continued: "With what's on screen in November, Amy and Aadi have to collaborate to escape from the crisis. They come out the other side with a totally different assessment of their feelings for each other.

"The story is troublingly very close to events that can and do happen in the real world. It's a continuation of a story that I think we've told really well. I think it's been very truthful from the outset ? and the writing, the performances and the direction has been very realistic.

"We were keen to try to make sure that we retain the same level of sensitivity around this. So yes, it's big and dramatic, but we've tried to do it sensitively. It's a really powerful storyline that will take us through that major incident in November and then into a love story chapter for Amy and Aadi."

MacLeod also addressed what Aadi's growing closeness to Amy will mean for Courtney's future in the show.

He said: "I should say, I love Steph [Davis, who plays Courtney]. And I love Courtney! I think she's just been a big, colourful glitter bomb that's gone off in the middle of that storyline.

"But the long-term direction for Aadi is Amy Barlow. So what Courtney's role, if any, might be going forward, I don't know definitively, but I don't see her and Aadi as being the forever couple."

Looking forward to Aadi and Amy, I think they make a great couple. I could not take to the Courtney character and hope we do not see too much more of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Looking forward to Aadi and Amy, I think they make a great couple. I could not take to the Courtney character and hope we do not see too much more of her.
    i believe courtney is gone now, senseless storyline

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (02-11-2023)

Thread Information