Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 - Season 2012

Formula 1 - Season 2012

The BBC and Sky Sports will broadcast Formula 1 in the UK between 2012 and 2018 under a new rights deal.

The BBC has been the exclusive broadcaster of F1 in the UK since 2009 but its contract with Formula One Management was due to expire after the 2013 season.

Sky Sports will show every race, qualifying session and practice live.

BBC Sport will broadcast half the races live, as well as the qualifying and practice sessions from those races.

Both companies will broadcast in high definition.

Races screened by the BBC will be live on the BBC Sport website for UK users.

The BBC will have highlights on TV, online and mobile for any race it is not showing live, and all races will be broadcast on BBC Radio 5 live.

Barbara Slater, director of BBC Sport, said: "We are absolutely delighted that F1 will remain on the BBC.

"The sport has never been more popular with TV audiences at a 10-year high and the BBC has always stated its commitment to the big national sporting moments.

"With this new deal not only have we delivered significant savings but we have also ensured that through our live and extended highlights coverage all the action continues to be available to licence-fee payers."

Races shown live on BBC TV will include the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, the Monaco GP and the concluding race of the season.

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports, said: "This is fantastic news for F1 fans and Sky Sports will be the only place to follow every race live and in HD.

"We will give F1 the full Sky Sports treatment with a commitment to each race never seen before on UK television."

BBC News

That is just pants.. half the races on BBC... Sky will have a million ads and you have to get sky sports to see it.. that is totally not fair
    Super Mod

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (30-07-2011)

******* this. Bloody SKY. I have no intention of subscribing to Murdoch just to watch my favourite sport. Bernie Ecclestone is as greedy as Murdoch. Lets hope there is some internet channell we can log in to so as we can see this

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (30-07-2011), Siobhan (29-07-2011)

F1 belongs on the bbc. I don't want to see endless adverts, which is what will happen from next year. I can see it now Hamilton and Alonso will be battling for pole like last week and there will be be bloody adverts right in the middle of one them overtaking.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I missed yesterday race cause I was flying so caught highlights (if you can call it that) here on Germany TV... 10 mins, then ads for 10 mins.. another 5 mins and then ads for 10.. it went on and on.. I only found out from the BBC site that Hamilton got a penalty... yet they showed 20 laps of Schumacher and massa...
    Super Mod

Long story short.

Hamilton put Vettel under pressure from the start and as usual vettel lost it going wide on corner. Tit for tat between Hamilton an Button. Lewis made a bad pit call for a tyre change which wasn't needed. He got a drive through penalty for causing someone to leave track when he did a doughnut. Jenson won

thanks alan for that... I did catch some of it... some of the up front battles were great...
    Super Mod

Oh we have found a weakness in young Mr Vettel Three races without a win. Brilliant result for Jensen after the fiasco at Silverston.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Oh we have found a weakness in young Mr Vettel Three races without a win. Brilliant result for Jensen after the fiasco at Silverston.
    Was reading Webber's blog yesterday and he made a good point, if you actually look at a lot of the races that Vettel did win, he was not miles ahead of everyone.. look at Monaco and Turkey.. he was been pressured the whole time.. McLaren and Ferrari have improved but the Redbulls are still there.. any of the races this year could have been won by any of the top teams.. you just don't see it that way cause Vettel did win 6 races out of the first 8.... He will be back and he has company with him.. even if rest were won by Hamilton, button or Alonso, Vettel only once finishe outside the podium this year(and that was a 4th place).. he keeps that up, he is world champion again

and also Webber is second in the championship, he has never won a race.. they are consistent those RB
    Last edited by Siobhan; 05-08-2011 at 09:37.
    Super Mod

(courtesy of the BBC)

Wonder if I can get away with photoshopping myself in the middle of this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Super Mod

Thread Information