Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spooks Season 10

THE BBC was last night under pressure to return Spooks to its weekday slot after it was trounced in the ratings by Downton Abbey.
    The spy show — which stars Peter Firth as Harry Pearce — pulled in just 4.6 million viewers compared with Downton's 10.4 million after it was moved to the Sunday night spot.

It was one of its worst ratings performances since it began in 2002.

The decision to move the show was slammed by viewers. And Downton star Dan Stevens said: "It would annoy me if I was in Spooks because they had a loyal following and then changed the night.

Sunday 9 October
    9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD
    www.bbc.co.uk/spooks

A controversial religious leader has his appeal for parole rejected and sends two recently released inmates on a revenge suicide mission, as the final series of the spy drama continues. One of the inmates is Ashur, who has been passing on intelligence to MI5 while in prison.

Section D needs Ashur to gather Intel and he is committed to MI5 on condition that his daughter becomes a UK citizen. But things go disastrously wrong when his daughter is kidnapped by the bombers and used as collateral, putting Harry in an impossible position. Will he choose to save the life of an asset's daughter, or the lives of hundreds of members of the public?

Meanwhile, a startling attempt is made on Elena Gavrik's life and Harry's suspicions about CIA deputy-director Jim Coaver are compounded.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    THE BBC was last night under pressure to return Spooks to its weekday slot after it was trounced in the ratings by Downton Abbey.
    The spy show — which stars Peter Firth as Harry Pearce — pulled in just 4.6 million viewers compared with Downton's 10.4 million after it was moved to the Sunday night spot.

It was one of its worst ratings performances since it began in 2002.

The decision to move the show was slammed by viewers. And Downton star Dan Stevens said: "It would annoy me if I was in Spooks because they had a loyal following and then changed the night.
    They won't move Spooks now. The beeb have axed it so they don't care what programme it's up against.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I know its the last ever series and all but why oh why did they have to kill off Tariq so unfair

LFC FOR LIFE YNWA JFT96

Quote Originally Posted by pipette View Post
    I know its the last ever series and all but why oh why did they have to kill off Tariq so unfair
    I know, it was really sad.

I'm really enjoying this series of Spooks so far - much better than the last series. I'm sad it's been axed now. I wonder if they'll keep up the quality for the whole series?
    Last edited by Dazzle; 27-09-2011 at 17:42.

I know that realistically the idea that harry and ruth were going to live happily ever after after everything they've been through was idealistic at best but still I would have liked a happy ending. I'm glad harry went back to work, if he cant give his life to ruth he'll have to give it to the service. Tom at the end was a nice touch for long time fans of the show (nice to know what having a bit of a breakdown and pretty much getting fired isnt the end lol) but I'm a tad unsure of why harry used him, afterall, we know he isnt afraid to do his own dirty work, he got justice for ros all by himself with a little help from some poison so why subcantract on this? I must admit I got pretty sad when ruth died but what really finished me off was seeing the names on the glass. It felt like the end (harry's always been the central heart of the show and now he's the last man standing) but I still crave more. I love spooks, and i was just starting to like the new operatives, but if it had to end then i suppose this will have to do

Well I have two words to say to the writers of Spooks. Dirty Barstewards. The thing is we seen it coming a mile of. The minute Ruth handed over the key you knew the Russian was going to kill his wife, then when Sasha picked up the glass it was like F**K here we go. They could have went all Yankee Doodle Dandy on us and gave us all the happy ever after story,but NO they made us suffer in misery along with Harry right to the bitter end. I'm a bit confused by Tom return though. With him meeting the Russian guy at the end does that mean that Tom was behind the whole Tariq being killed.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Well I have two words to say to the writers of Spooks. Dirty Barstewards. The thing is we seen it coming a mile of. The minute Ruth handed over the key you knew the Russian was going to kill his wife, then when Sasha picked up the glass it was like F**K here we go. They could have went all Yankee Doodle Dandy on us and gave us all the happy ever after story,but NO they made us suffer in misery along with Harry right to the bitter end. I'm a bit confused by Tom return though. With him meeting the Russian guy at the end does that mean that Tom was behind the whole Tariq being killed.
    Noo he came to kill the Russian!!

My husband thought they left the door wide open for a reprise.......let's hope they do. Now I will have to rsort and buy the whole box and start watching it all over again. Spooks rule!!!

Thread Information