Thread: Auntie Pam Hobsworth

Auntie Pam Hobsworth

There's some good news today for fans of Coronation Street's Pam Hobsworth - aka Auntie Pam - as it's been reported that she'll be back on screen later this year.

Pam, played by Kate Anthony, has been off our screens since her niece Molly's funeral last year and we later heard that she'd gone travelling with Bill Webster.

However, Inside Soap says that she'll be back on the cobbles in September and will be seen clashing with at least one of the residents.

The magazine adds that she'll be "revealing some big news" too…

Coronation Street star Kate Anthony has revealed that viewers will be seeing her character Auntie Pam back on the cobbles for some time to come.

Earlier this year, it was confirmed that Auntie Pam is returning to Weatherfield alongside Bill Webster for a short stint following some time away travelling.

Pam will be back on screens later this month, but in a new interview with the Yorkshire Evening Post, Anthony has confirmed that she will also be filming Coronation Street's Christmas episodes in a few weeks' time.

The actress is then appearing in pantomime over the festive season but will return to Coronation Street for even more filming in January.

Anthony told the newspaper: "I'm back - and with a good storyline too. It's just like I've never been away. We film out of sequence so often one has to keep checking the narrative. It's quite tricky and I'm constantly making notes on my script.

"They have already had Halloween decorations on the set, so one is working ahead all the time. It's also quite difficult with costumes because they put you in winter clothes when it's hot, and summer clothes when it's cold."

Discussing her contract renewal, she continued: "Now that I'm well and truly in, they'll have to remove me by my nails from the Rovers Return bar to get me out!"

Coronation Street fans last saw Pam in December when she attended the funeral of her niece Molly.

wow, have we not seen Pam since December? wonder what she's back for. can't still be conencted to Tommy, can it?
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

I liked Pam. It will be nice to see her again. Wonder what has happened to Bill, I thought they were a good pairing.
    Last edited by layla; 13-09-2011 at 16:58.
    M C F C

Kate Anthony is to return to Coronation Street for a four-episode guest stint.

Anthony, who plays Pam Hobsworth - aka Auntie Pam - will arrive back on the cobbles to visit the Websters.

Kevin then asks her to help him with his and Molly's baby Jack, according to the show's official website.

Pam was last seen on the Street with Kevin's dad Bill (Peter Armitage) last September, when the couple announced their engagement. Pam subsequently refused to let Kevin attend the wedding, with the stress of the situation resulting in Bill suffering a heart attack.

Anthony's Coronation Street scenes will air on ITV in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Anthony's Coronation Street scenes will air on ITV in April.
    she comes back as cougar with Terry Duckworth!!!????

Thread Information