Thread: 'Coronation Street' stars meet Ken and Deirdre waxworks

'Coronation Street' stars meet Ken and Deirdre waxworks

Coronation Street legends Bill Roache and Anne Kirkbride have today paid a visit to Madame Tussauds in Blackpool to see waxworks of their characters Ken and Deirdre Barlow.

Replicas of the Weatherfield favourites are now on display at the tourist attraction, featuring in a mock-up of soap's iconic Rovers Return pub.

Speaking after viewing the Ken waxwork, Roache told PA: "I've been playing Ken for 50 years and know him inside out, but this is the first time I have seen him up close and in the flesh.

"The wax figure looks absolutely incredible, it's amazing to 'meet' me - but to be honest, I think he's probably better looking."

Meanwhile, Kirkbride commented: "We've been on and off husband and wife on screen for over 30 years now and it's lovely to think that with these lifelike wax figures we'll be with one another for many years to come.

"I hope the public like the figures as much as we do and enjoy popping into The Rovers and sitting alongside us."

The figures are believed to have taken four months to create and are dressed in some of Ken and Deirdre's own clothes, which were donated by Coronation Street's wardrobe department.

Waxworks of other Coronation Street favourites like Hilda Ogden and Bet Lynch are also on display at Madame Tussauds Blackpool.

© WENN

Pictured: Bill Roache and Anne Kirkbride with the Ken and Deirdre waxworks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I take it the two in the middle are the waxworks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-07-2011)

Ha! Ha! Good one Alan.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Of course these are not the first two waxworks Corrie characters. They have another who actually appears in the street. They call het Kate Ford

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    I take it the two in the middle are the waxworks
    strange, I can see Ken's waxwork but took me a while to get Deirdre's one (been serious here, it is an amazing job). most of those waxworks pay some resemblence to the people but these are good!
    Super Mod

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Perdita (26-07-2011)

Thread Information