Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterloo Road Series 8 (***with spoiler*******)

Last edited by alan45; 16-02-2012 at 07:31.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Waterloo Road's Alex Walkinshaw has said that his character Jez is \"under a lot of pressure\" in the opening episodes of the new series.

Ex-Bill star Walkinshaw revealed that the PE teacher is the prime suspect in the hit-and-run on headmaster Michael Byrne (Alec Newman).

\"Since Michael's hit and run all fingers are pointed at Jez,\" he told What's on TV. He feels under a lot of pressure and is very frustrated.

\"Everyone he works with at school sees him as the main suspect. He thinks they should come out and say it instead of gossiping behind his back.\"

Explaining why Jez will continue to lie about his alibi, the actor said: \"He told Sian (Jaye Jacobs) he was at the gym, as he doesn't want her to know he was at Janeece's apologising for a drunken pass he made at her! Even though it was innocent he wants to draw a line under the whole thing and move on by making his marriage his priority.\"

Asked why Jez is so keen to return to Waterloo Road, Walkinshaw added: \"He goes back to work because he wants to see for himself that the affair between Michael and Sian is over.

\"He also comes back to prove a point to Michael that he's the bigger man. Jez thinks 'I'm going to be professional, but I'm also keeping my beady eye on you Michael!' There's definitely trust issues at play for Jez.\"

Waterloo Road returns next Wednesday (February 22) at 7.30pm on BBC One.
    already posted 2 posts higher http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...*******)/page2

Waterloo Road star Philip Martin Brown has revealed that fans can expect an "emotional rollercoaster" for his character Grantly Budgen in the show's new series.

A new storyline on the BBC One drama will see Grantly clash with dinner lady Maggie Croft, before their spark takes a romantic twist as they develop feelings for each other.

The possibility of a new relationship puts Grantly in a difficult position as he must also consider his wife Fleur, who has Alzheimer's.

Teasing the Grantly and Maggie plot, Brown told TV Choice: "I can tell you that their rivalry develops. It's the whole 'will they, won't they'? They spark off one another, and Melanie Hill - who plays Maggie - is great fun."

He continued: "The next ten episodes are an emotional rollercoaster for him. At some points he's like a desperate man, and then he's like a monkey up a tree and all excited."

Brown also reiterated his desire to be part of Waterloo Road's eighth series, which will see the programme move to Scotland.

He said: "I've been asked to go, so all being well I'll be there for the first day of filming."

Waterloo Road returns on Wednesday, February 22 at 8pm on BBC One.

Aww Melanie Hill i love her! Ever since she played Steven Tomkinsons psycho wife in Brassed off. And she was also great when she was James Nesbitts wife in Playing the Field.

Wednesday 7 March

7.30-8.30pm

Josh’s promise to quit drugs for good is tested when his charismatic dealer Grady gets in touch and his drug problem starts spirals out of control.

Tom is livid when he discovers drugs in his son’s pocket and their relationship is plunged into crisis.

Tom is tasked with overseeing the selection process for the new Head of English and the two candidates, Vanessa and Nicki, are quickly put to the test. Nicki’s disciplinarian approach gets results, but Tom takes offence when she offers him some words of advice about Josh and he decides that neither candidate is suitable. When Nicki later chases down Grady, Tom realises his mistake and apologises, offering her the role as Head of English.

Elsewhere, it’s touch and go for Matt’s baby daughter Martha and Grantly’s at a loss when he mislays a large sum of money.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Ohhhh goody,, now there will be a decent progam to watch on Wed nites

Waterloo Road's Rochdale set is being transformed into cheap temporary accommodation.

The Greater Manchester classrooms, formerly Hilltop Primary School in Kirkholt, will be offered to local people at a cost of £180 per month to deter squatters and vandals, says PA.

The BBC school drama has moved to the Scottish town of Greenock, 25 miles outside Glasgow, for its eighth series.

The Rochdale set, which has been Waterloo Road's home for six years, will eventually be demolished.

Andrew Schofield, branch manager at Ad Hoc Property Management Ltd, said: "This is a fantastic opportunity for people in the Rochdale area to find unique and spacious accommodation for a fraction of what they would usually expect to pay.

"By living in the properties our Guardians safeguard it against criminality. This creates a win-win situation for Guardian and property owner."

A spokesman for the building's owner, Rochdale Borough Council, said: "The land is earmarked for housing as part our long-term redevelopment plan for Kirkholt."

Former cast member Rebecca Ryan, who played Vicki McDonald, previously slammed the BBC's decision to relocate the series.
    Last edited by Perdita; 20-02-2012 at 20:17.

Waterloo Road actor Naveed Choudhry has revealed that he was bullied while at school.

The star portrays bully Tariq in the BBC One drama, but explained that he was on the opposite end of childhood taunting as a youngster.

Speaking about playing a teenager despite actually being 26 years old, he told What's On TV: "It's great because Tariq is a bully and I was on the receiving end so it's like I'm reliving my school days without being bullied.

"I think it has helped me get past a few issues I had at school. But it's great putting on a school uniform at 26 and thinking, 'I still look 16!'"

On giving advice to people being bullied themselves, he said: "Getting it off your chest always helps. If you can find a teacher you're on a level with, someone you can talk to as a friend, then definitely take that opportunity. It's the same with any issue - a problem shared is a problem halved. It's true."

Talking about Tariq's return to the series this week and whether he is trying to change following his exclusion, he added: "He is, but he's caught in a situation he can't get out of. I think Tariq is misunderstood. He's a clever boy, but he always gets caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Whenever he tries to be good, it ends up backfiring. Sometimes it's easier to act up to the label people put on you than show them who you really are."

Choudhry's Waterloo Road co-star Philip Martin Brown recently revealed that his character Grantly will soon have an "emotional" storyline.

Waterloo Road returns on Wednesday, February 22 at 8pm on BBC One.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Chelsee Healey has revealed details of a "big" storyline for her Waterloo Road character Janeece Bryant.

Recent pictures showed Janeece in a wedding dress, seemingly set to marry hapless Maths teacher Daniel Chalk.

Healey teased to TV Times: "There's a big storyline coming up. It's quite emotional and deep, but it was really good to do. It's going to be worth watching, put it that way!

"You'll also see lots of Janeece and Chalky scenes this term. I love working with Mark Benton, who plays him, as he's one of my best friends on the show."

Of her wedding scenes, the 23-year-old added: "I loved every minute! It made me realise that I do really want to get married.

"But not yet, in the future, a long time from now! It was weird wearing a wedding dress and going through the marriage scenes but nice to do.

"Janeece's dress is lovely and I could move easily in it, but it isn't as big as what I'd want on my own wedding day!"

Speaking about her stint on Strictly Come Dancing, which she completed while filming for the BBC school drama, Healey admitted: "I was so tired.

"I don't know how I got through it, but I did because I enjoyed them both so much."

Wednesday 14 March BBC1 8.00-9.00pm

Zack is convinced that Jez isn’t his father and undertakes a DNA test to confirm his suspicions. Jez is devastated when he finds out, but discovers that he shares Zack’s paternity anxieties. As they wait for the results, Jez takes the opportunity to tell Zack that he loves him no matter what and the pair are brought closer together.

When Josh’s behaviour becomes increasingly erratic, Nicki urges Tom to seek professional help. Josh is referred to a psychiatrist by the GP, who explains to Tom that it could be schizophrenia.

Meanwhile, Matt fears he could lose Martha when he learns that Rosie is moving away with Alex. Grantly and Maggie are left high and dry when the cosmetics company goes bust and Trudi feels guilty when she forgets the anniversary of her mother’s death.

Thread Information