Page 192 of 196 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1955

Thread: Jake Heaven

Next week in Inside Soap Comments From Babe14 and co

Your comment about Sean Slater being the possible reason for Jake/Louisa leaving is a load of doodah as he was brought into the show once Joel decided to leave up to which point I believe a decison hadn't been made regarding bringing the character into the show.

The real reason for the character Jake to be exiting the show is due to lack of storylines and viewing time for which there is no excuse as you have had endless suggestions for possible future storylines for the character. It is down to you and your writing department that Jake has now become non existent in the show and when he does appear on screen we are very disappointed as he is just given crap to do, I mean he hasn't even got an exit storyline!!

O.K there are some good new characters in the show, Max/Tanya/Bradley/Rob but how long is it going to be before these characters fall victim to poor storylines and either, lack of viewing time or over exposure?
    IMO Sean Slater has already fallen victim, he was a character who on first appearance I thought he was going to be a very good character, however last week the character rapidly lost his appeal.
    No sorry Kate from a viewer of 22 years the soap is way below standard and once I have witnessed the apaulling exit that it appears you have planned for "Our" Jake I too will be exiting.

Note: Do you have any writing vacancies available please, as I am hoping to pursue a career in writing

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat
    And I think it's fair to say that without Sean both Ruby and Jake might have been staying.
    Hang on a sec I thought it was Joel's decision to leave the soap? Does this mean my suspicions were correct he was given a helping hand and it has been made to look like his decision so they don't get all the flack they had first time around?

The only letters they would get this time would be to congratulate Joel on making the right decision and telling him to run like hell!

I hate this show.
    me too and I hope we don't have to suffer much more of it for to long, please let our Jake leave within the next couple of weeks.

P.S at your comments
    Last edited by Babe14; 20-09-2006 at 11:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    Hang on a sec I thought it was Joel's decision to leave the soap? Does this mean my suspicions were correct he was given a helping hand and it has been made to look like his decision so they don't get all the flack they had first time around?

The only letters they would get this time would be to congratulate Joel on making the right decision and telling him to run like hell!
    What I meant was that I think if in Joel's case they had given him decent storylines and a decent amount of screentime he may have stayed. Obviously I can't say for sure, as...well, I'm not Joel so I don't know what the decision was, and it may have been that he wanted to move on anyway, and, yes, it may also have been that he was pushed. But when you have a character constantly shoved to one side and then the actor quits it's not a huge leap of logic to connect the two.

And in Louisa's case, if they'd given half a second to actually think about the character of Ruby and decide which direction to take in her next, based on her personality and who she is, not on what 'explosive' "Johnny returns" plots they can wrangle out of her, then they wouldn't be in a position of "Oh, what can you do with someone who owns half the Square."

One thing I love about you blackKat is your sense of humor hands down your the funniest person I have met on this site I am just a mere apprentice of your humor, that last post really had me laughing because its so darn true...
    Lol, thank you.
    Last edited by BlackKat; 20-09-2006 at 18:29.

What I meant was that I think if in Joel's case they had given him decent storylines and a decent amount of screentime he may have stayed. Obviously I can't say for sure, as...well, I'm not Joel so I don't know what the decision was, and it may have been that he wanted to move on anyway, and, yes, it may also have been that he was pushed. But when you have a character constantly shoved to one side and then the actor quits it's not a huge leap of logic to connect the two.

And in Louisa's case, if they'd given half a second to actually think about the character of Ruby and decide which direction to take in her next, based on her personality and who she is, not on what 'explosive' "Johnny returns" plots they can wrangle out of her, then they wouldn't be in a position of "Oh, what can you do with someone who owns half the Square."
    I know I was actually being sarcy to Eastenders

They managed to create enough storylines for the Mitchells when they owned half the square and I'm sure they will do the same once Sean Slater owns the club, Jake's house and anything else he can get his grubby mits on. And I am absolutely positive that Sean won't just be shoved behind the bar!
    Last edited by Babe14; 20-09-2006 at 11:33.

They managed to create enough storylines for the Mitchells when they owned half the square and I'm sure they will do the same once Sean Slater owns the club, Jake's house and anything else he can get his grubby mits on. And I am absolutely positive that Sean won't just be shoved behind the bar!
    Sean Slater's a dead end character IMO. He'll either end up just glowering pathetically at anyone who comes near him, or he'll be made all vulnerable and "sweet," by the EE bosses in the hopes that all the teenies will rip down their Nigel Harman posters and shove Robert Whatshisface up on the ceiling instead.

I know I was actually being sarcy to Eastenders
    Ah okay. Sorry, misunderstood the post. Ah, well...never a missed oppourtunity to rant at the EE bosses,
    Last edited by BlackKat; 20-09-2006 at 11:48.

Sean Slater's a dead end character IMO. He'll either end up just glowering pathetically at anyone who comes near him, or he'll be made all vulnerable and "sweet," by the EE bosses in the hopes that all the teenies will rip down their Nigel Harman posters and shove Robert Whatshisface up on the ceiling instead.

Ah okay. Sorry, misunderstood the post. Ah, well...never a missed oppourtunity to rant at the EE bosses,
    Like I said I liked Sean on first apearance but that wore off the following week. So I think that says it all really.

P.S Where are your E/dale posts?

Like I said I liked Sean on first apearance but that wore off the following week. So I think that says it all really.

P.S Where are your E/dale posts?
    I think Sean suffers from a) being generally crap, and b) being over-hyped to ridiculous levels.

I'm gonna post about Emmerdale and the kidnap when I've seen the whole storyline (after Thursday's). I'm really enjoying it so far, but I think it's one of those things where you can't really decide (or at least I can't) until you've seen it all and can take a step back if that makes sense.
    Last edited by BlackKat; 20-09-2006 at 12:02.

I think Sean suffers from a) being generally crap, and b) being over-hyped to ridiculous levels.

I'm gonna post about Emmerdale and the kidnap when I've seen the whole storyline (after Thursday's). I'm really enjoying it so far, but I think it's one of those things where you can't really decide (or at least I can't) until you've seen it all and can take a step back if that makes sense.
    Perfect sense. I had a bit of a rant about Matt today, still him to bits, but I am a bit

What Seanis doing we've seen before in the form of Grant Mitchell and Nick Cotton maybe he has a bit of Dennis but not so sure about that.

This is where Our Jake was different he had his own character, O.K there were perhaps slight resemblences to Alfie and Dennis but not a lot. I think this is because we were actually listened too and we created him

This is where Our Jake was different he had his own character, O.K there were perhaps slight resemblences to Alfie and Dennis but not a lot. I think this is because we were actually listened too and we created him
    One thing I like about Jake is how his "weaknesses" are also his strengths -- mainly his obsession with "saving" people, which could have made him all pathetic and like a puppy dog (and almost did last October/November) but actually it...doesn't, because he sort of takes charge whilst doing everything for someone else, so it's a mixture of strength and weakness. I'm rambling now, but it makes sense in my head.

Okay to clarify -- what I mean is, I think his "saving" people is a weakness, as it's something he's compelled to do and he almost can't help it, but the way he goes about it makes him a strong character.
    Last edited by BlackKat; 20-09-2006 at 13:31.

OH god anyone read this weeks spoilers..jesus christ (head banging on wall repeatidly unil blood goes everywhere)
    so sean blackmails jake into leaving SHOCK HORROR so for a man who has been invoved in some great storys leaves in such a low profile paul trueman style way no wonder I think.....wait (change that)HOPE eastenders is not around in a years time because they are destroying a show that has been a part of all our lives,

What Seanis doing
    spelling mistake Babe14 I think you put a S instead of a P there and added an A by accident!or at least thats what I think of sean so far!!

so many questions are floating around why would ruby let slip this "secret",why is this storyline being used again,and unless sean marries ruby before november how can (the rumor that) scarletts will become his possibly happen?

Thread Information