Page 194 of 196 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 1955

Thread: Jake Heaven

Jake Moon was one of the lovliest characters Eastenders has ever had, his personality was unique. All his life he suffered pain and "toruture" right up to the very end. Despite his "troubles" he was always there if someone needed help, caring and wanting to help. He always put his own needs second and those of others first, espec Danny then Ruby, both of whom caused him great heartache and pain. He worked through his heartaches, his troubles, tortures and pain which without doubt made him a very strong person.

It was not all bad for the lovely Mr Moon he did have some happiness and that was when he met Chrissie Watts who was the love of his life and the only woman he could ever of truly loved with all his heart. He had happiness and fun, albeit short, with Carly Watts and of course there were the good times he shared with brother Danny.

Jake didn't get the ending he deserved nor the one I wanted for him, he should of had his happiness not death. . The one that he was going off to find as he was now free to do so being at last free from "baggage" which he had to carry around with him all his life. There was just him now with no one to mop up after, no one's battles to fight, no one tohold him back and best of all there was no one to mess things up for him when something good was happening in his life. Jake was both happy, relieved and free in the end.

Jake Moon will now be filed away in my memory and remembered as one of the great characters of Eastenders, mainly because of his personality and the type of character he was. I will always remember that Tuesday episode when him and Carly had spontaneous sex, the scenes with cousin Alfie, they were fantastic together, Nana Moon, the flirty scenes with Chrissie, Johnny Allen, Pat (espec tha final scene) and of course the special Jake/Danny scenes.

Well done again to the lovely Joel Beckett who portrayed the character of Jake Moon splendidly.

p.s I am now free of Eastenders!!!
    Last edited by Babe14; 23-10-2006 at 07:57.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Very well said babe ! He was not given the happiness he deserved, I just live in hope that Jake has joined Johnny where ever he has gone !

Thanks

I believe that they are still alive and well and have fled abroad somewhere, where Jake will get the happiness he deserves.

Did you notice that when the goon asked Jake if he was Jake Moon, Jake didn't confirm either way?

Seriously though this storyline had a lot of loop holes. Why would Johnny be saying Jake.. Kill him and not Phone..Jake

How does the cellmate know that Jake's surname was Moon as Johnny just said Jake.

Even if Johnny had told his cellmate about Jake Moon it would of been fairly obvious that Johnny trusted and respected Jake as he had put Ruby in Jake's care, including all his money etc...

I'd say that the door was still open for both Jake/Johnny to make a return, but I don't think they should as we have seen what happens to characters that do come back, i.e Den/Grant etc it is never the same. Anyway hopefully Joel would never consider a return.
    Last edited by Babe14; 23-10-2006 at 07:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    Thanks

I believe that they are still alive and well and have fled abroad somewhere, where Jake will get the happiness he deserves.

Did you notice that when the goon asked Jake if he was Jake Moon, Jake didn't confirm either way? I believe at that vital moment just as Jake was about to be bundled into the back of the car Pat came strolling by and Jake used this as his escape route by calling out to her:

"Pat!"

"Alright Jake. You going somewhere?

"Just on my way over to you to say goodbye"
    (Whilst the goons are hanging around and both Jake and them are eyeing one another as Jake slowly edges away)

Pat: "Goodbye?"
    Jake: "lets have a nice cuppa and I'll tell you all about it"

Goes over to Pat's and makes his escape via the back door and to the airport...

Seriously though this storyline had a lot of loop holes. Why would Johnny be saying Jake.. Kill him and not Phone..Jake

How does the cellmate know that Jake's surname was Moon as Johnny just said Jake.

Even if Johnny had told his cellmate about Jake Moon it would of been fairly obvious that Johnny trusted and respected Jake as he had put Ruby in Jake's care, including all his money etc...

I'd say that the door was still open for both Jake/Johnny to make a return, but I don't think they should as we have seen what happens to characters that do come back, i.e Den/Grant etc it is never the same. Anyway hopefully Joel would never consider a return.
    Your so right, it's full of loophole's ! I am have someone who agree's with me ! Wipppeeeeeeeee

Maybe Chrissie will be joining them too

It's clear to us anyway that the door has firmly left open for them to return one way or another, but as you say rightly why would they go back. Dirty Den said that though, all depends on how much money you are offered I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    Thanks

Did you notice that when the goon asked Jake if he was Jake Moon, Jake didn't confirm either way? I believe at that vital moment just as Jake was about to be bundled into the back of the car Pat came strolling by and Jake used this as his escape route by calling out to her:

"Pat!"

"Alright Jake. You going somewhere?

"Just on my way over to you to say goodbye"
    (Whilst the goons are hanging around and both Jake and them are eyeing one another as Jake slowly edges away)

Pat: "Goodbye?"
    Jake: "lets have a nice cuppa and I'll tell you all about it"

Goes over to Pat's and makes his escape via the back door and to the airport...

At the beginning of yesterdays episode when Johnny was being taken away he said to that man....Jake Moon and then said whatever else he said!

Quote Originally Posted by SaRaH1987
    At the beginning of yesterdays episode when Johnny was being taken away he said to that man....Jake Moon and then said whatever else he said!
    O.k Thanks that clears that one up, but a) how did the henchman know what Jake looked like? b) Why would Johnny want someone who he trusts 110% with his daughter's life and his money killed? Mean who would look after Ruby?

IMO it was all done slap dash and just for the sake of getting rid of two characters inorder to end an era.
    I am glad that we had Jake killed? off screen as Paul Trueman was I think it is better this way. I still believe that it was possible for Jake to talk his way out of this situation, afterall he could handle/talk Johnny round and he was the only one who could speak his mind to him and still live to tell
    the tale! Jake and Johnny had mutal respect, trust and loyalty towards one another. They were indeed like "Father and Son"
    Last edited by Babe14; 23-10-2006 at 07:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Humphries
    Your so right, it's full of loophole's ! I am have someone who agree's with me ! Wipppeeeeeeeee

Maybe Chrissie will be joining them too
    LOL! That would be Jake's ideal ending, he would be a very happy bunny, providing Ruby didn't show as well!

I love how Jake got barely 10 minutes in his final episode. In fact, I love how the entire week the whole storyline had to fight for space alongside some bollocks about Denise and her multiple fathers. I love how they brought Johnny Allen back only to do bugger all with him. I love how they brought up Jake covering for Chrissie again after all these months only to bring nothing new to the topic. I love how they contradicted the countless times they showed the differences between Jake and Danny by having Jake agreeing to do Johnny's dirty work just like Danny did. I love how they brought up the issue of why Johnny has a hold over Jake (a hold that has never been shown before) only to never answer the question.

And by "love," I mean "hate."

Things I did actually love or at least like: Jake's rant at Ruby. Gold. The one part of the episode I may actually watch again. In fact the one part of the whole storyline I may actually watch again. I'm glad he managed to leave with some dignity.

That Jake's last scene was with Pat. Because Pat rocks, and she was totally mothering him the last two weeks.

And that I stopped hoping for a good exit a long time ago so that I wasn't actually disappointed or upset during the last episode, just rolled my eyes a lot and was glad they can finally stop crapping all over the character now.

Oh, and that I've now stopped watching EE. I love that fact.

Anyway, I can only echo D1 by saying it's been great posting on this thread - I kinda feel like it's "our" thread and I'm gonna miss chatting with you all and discussing Jake - it almost made the bad times seem halfway decent. I love all our crazy theories ("Daddy" theory will never die! Johnny wanted it "kept in the family," hmmm.... ) and our joint obsessions (rugged leather jacket! scruffy trainers! Brown pinstripe jacket! Still can't believe they only used that jacket once. ) Thanks guys, it's been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat
    I love how Jake got barely 10 minutes in his final episode. In fact, I love how the entire week the whole storyline had to fight for space alongside some bollocks about Denise and her multiple fathers. I love how they brought Johnny Allen back only to do bugger all with him. I love how they brought up Jake covering for Chrissie again after all these months only to bring nothing new to the topic. I love how they contradicted the countless times they showed the differences between Jake and Danny by having Jake agreeing to do Johnny's dirty work just like Danny did. I love how they brought up the issue of why Johnny has a hold over Jake (a hold that has never been shown before) only to never answer the question.

And by "love," I mean "hate."

Things I did actually love or at least like: Jake's rant at Ruby. Gold. The one part of the episode I may actually watch again. In fact the one part of the whole storyline I may actually watch again. I'm glad he managed to leave with some dignity.

That Jake's last scene was with Pat. Because Pat rocks, and she was totally mothering him the last two weeks.

And that I stopped hoping for a good exit a long time ago so that I wasn't actually disappointed or upset during the last episode, just rolled my eyes a lot and was glad they can finally stop crapping all over the character now.

Oh, and that I've now stopped watching EE. I love that fact.

Anyway, I can only echo D1 by saying it's been great posting on this thread - I kinda feel like it's "our" thread and I'm gonna miss chatting with you all and discussing Jake - it almost made the bad times seem halfway decent. I love all our crazy theories ("Daddy" theory will never die! Johnny wanted it "kept in the family," hmmm.... ) and our joint obsessions (rugged leather jacket! scruffy trainers! Brown pinstripe jacket! Still can't believe they only used that jacket once. ) Thanks guys, it's been fun.
    Hello, nice to have the chance to talk to you one final time in this wonderful and what has been fun thread. I have thoroughly enjoyed talking, discussing, highs and lows, good and bad times, "Obssessing" and theories about "Our Jake". Thanks to everyone involved espec you BK.

I just loved that final showdown with Ruby where Jake really told Ruby what he thought of her (his expressions and attitude here was wonderful)
    "..Your one of lifes suckers Ruby, Johnny knows it and so does Sean. That's why I pity you", and what other people thought too, I was slightly surprised to find out that Jake didn't like her at all just pittied her and at the end of the day the only reason he was putting up with her was because of Johnny. As for this Hold Johnny had on Jake, even though Jake said there was no hold I think that there was and I am certain that there was more to Johnny/Jake than we will ever know now.
    Jake should of had that happy ending not death. Even though this is what we are suppose to believe, I have my own theory about this one (sorry just had to one last time)

Even though I wanted him to smack the crap out of "Leech" I liked the way Jake handled him that final time:,
    "What do you reckon the Carribean for a couple of months? I fancy Australia"
    "Your right I was kidding myself thinking that I had a purpose here.."
    "I might be back one day..."
    "..that's the difference between you and me Sean I have a conscience..."
    "Walford is the only thing I have to get away from..."
    (I think that this summed things up perfectly )

Afterwards I loved the way he walked over to Ruby, who had just been told that Johnny was dead, and said "Congratulations your finally on your own" (And she was) then his final parting shot "oh..enjoy the rest of your birthday" (Beautiful!)
    Yes in the end Jake was the winner.
    I didn't particularly enjoy this storyline but I enjoyed Jake and his wonderfully unique personality, which we saw in great detail and variety.
    The other scene I liked was when Jake was inthe Vic at the fruit machine talking to Johnny about getting rid of Sean, he looked very sinister and Dark there
    Finally the sadest thing for me is that in the end Jake was happy he was fianlly free of all his burdens, of people who messed things up for him, free to be happy and have his own life. He was going abroad to start afresh, to be happy, but he never got that...or did he?

P.S Finally, finally I loved the fact that we saw Jake in in his battered leather a lot during his final scenes. Also the fact that Jake went out on a high with us still loving him.

(The best thing for me is that I too no longer have to suffer anymore EE!)
    Last edited by Babe14; 25-10-2006 at 08:21.

I cant believe they havent found a body yet,they said it would be made clear he was dead didnt they?On his homepage it says that hes missing presumed dead,do they mean we presume hes dead cause no one on the square thinks he is?And hes not on that death map.Id love to see him come back.

Thread Information