Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Series 8

Desperate Housewives Series 8

Desperate Housewives' upcoming eighth season could be its last, according to reports.

It has been rumoured that ABC bosses are likely to make an announcement about the show's future within weeks.

An insider told TV Guide: "It's all dependent on the ratings. It will be up against some stiff competition."

However, a spokesman for ABC told The New York Post: "No decision has been made yet, it seems like people are just guessing."

V actor Charles Mesure recently signed up to appear in the series. Susan Lucci is also reportedly in talks for a future role.

The show will return for its eighth season on September 25 on ABC.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-07-2011)

It'll be a shame if season 8 is the last - I still really enjoy watching it.

Desperate Housewives is reportedly due to end after its eighth season concludes in 2012.

Sources claim that ABC will officially announce the show's axing at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Sunday.

The comedy-drama's stars Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, and Eva Longoria have allegedly already been informed and are described as being "shocked and saddened" by the development, TV Line reports.

Rumours that Desperate Housewives would end next year first circulated in July, when an ABC insider claimed that the commissioning of a ninth season would be "dependent on the ratings".

Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry previously revealed his hope that the show would continue into 2013, declaring: "I think that's what everyone would be happy with. I think nine years would be a really good run."

The show was renewed for an eighth season back in May and will return to US screens on September 25.

I do still really enjoy watching it but I think its good to end things when they are still good rather than it becoming boring and trying too hard

Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry has confirmed that the long-running series will end next year.

It was reported on Friday that the show would end after its eighth season, and Cherry officially announced the news at this weekend's TCA summer press tour.

"I wanted to go out when the network still saw us as a viable show and a force to contend with," he told press, according to TV Line. "We felt from a creative standpoint that this was the right time. I feel so good about it."

Cherry revealed that the show's cast were all "in shock" when he broke the news, and insisted that he would miss working with them.

"It was bittersweet and lovely, because the women knew there was the possibility [of the show ending]," he explained. "They said some very lovely things to me about how I've changed their lives and careers. I truly, truly love every one of them."

"It's an iconic show and we're extremely proud of it," ABC President Paul Lee added. "I just wanted to make sure it had its victory lap."

Cherry also addressed rumours of a potential spinoff show, claiming that he is no longer considering the idea because it would feel too repetitive.

Former series regular Dana Delany recently said that she would be interested in reprising her role as Katherine Mayfair to tie up the character's storyline.

The eighth and final season of Desperate Housewives premieres on September 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    It'll be a shame if season 8 is the last - I still really enjoy watching it.
    Me too sometimes it is so bad it is good if that makes sense - it is a guilty pleasure of mine

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-08-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Me too sometimes it is so bad it is good if that makes sense - it is a guilty pleasure of mine
    Guess you need to look for a different pleasure

DESPERATE Housewives was axed yesterday, meaning the upcoming eighth series will be the last.
    In a statement, bosses of US network ABC said: "All good things must come to an end."

The series, set on Wisteria Lane and starring Eva Longoria, has suffered falling ratings.

Creator Marc Cherry has also been embroiled in a lawsuit.

Nicollette Sheridan, who played Edie Britt, is suing for £12million, claiming she was wrongfully sacked and that Marc slapped her.

The show has 120million global viewers, and airs on Channel 4.

Marcia Cross, who plays stuck-up Bree Van de Kamp, told fans on Twitter: "Thank you for all your love and support."

Brenda Strong has revealed that her character Mary Alice Young will have a "bigger presence" in the final season of Desperate Housewives.

Mary Alice is the narrator on the ABC series and was killed off in the first ever episode. However, Strong has reappeared in numerous flashback sequences during the show's past seven seasons.

Following the announcement that creator Marc Cherry is bringing Desperate Housewives to a close at the end of the upcoming eighth run, Strong told Deadline that she expects to figure more heavily in the finale plotlines.

"Marc has always said that he intended for Mary Alice to have a bigger presence in the final season," she said.

Co-star Felicity Huffman, who plays Lynette Scavo, added that she expects some big twists to the Mary Alice storyline, commenting: "It will have to be a new well, you can't go back to the same well twice... You don't want to jump the shark in your final season."

The eighth and final season of Desperate Housewives premieres on September 25.

Video

13. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (09-08-2011)

Thread Information