Thread: Drought in Africa

Drought in Africa

I'd like to remind everyone of the DEC appeal for donations in aid of people suffering from the drought in Africa, and to ask everyone who's able to give money - every little will help.

There are many ways you can donate. Here's the link for the DEC:- http://www.dec.org.uk/

Thanks.

Call me callous but Im sorry I do not give to these charities.

Their governments are so corrupt that the vast majority of money donated goes in paying bribes and backhanders to corrupt officials.

Anmother thing that angers ne is that all these countries seem to have loadsamoney to purchase guns and weapons

Each to their own. I see pictures of starving babies and want to help, and believe the Disasters Emergency Committee will see that my money does help them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

alan45 (10-07-2011)

I admire your thoughts and no doubt your generosity but I have a friend from the Sudan who is a doctor. I had asked him if he would speak with a Church group and he told me that if he spoke to them no-one would ever give a penny to these corrupt states. I'm not against charity but I like to know that ALL my money is being used for the benefit of the needy. In my personal life I have lots of dealings with charities at all levels and it appalls me the amount of money that is wasted

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-07-2011)

No doubt there's truth to what you say, but I'd rather donate and know that I'm at least doing what I can. I have to trust that the big charities involved will do their best to help those in need.

Thread Information