Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phone Hacking Scandal

Phone Hacking Scandal

Could someone please send a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary to the news of the world so they can look up the meaning of the word privacy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipette For This Useful Post:

alan45 (06-07-2011), Dazzle (06-07-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by pipette View Post
    Could someone please send a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary to the news of the world so they can look up the meaning of the word privacy
    and sleaze as well as gutter journalism.

People should boycott the News of the World and The Sun in protest. It is absolutely disgusting that these papers paid a scummy gumshoe money to listen into peoples calls just to get some dirt to sell their rags. The buck must stop with the formed Mrs Ross Kemp. Her position is untenable. She should do the only decent thing and resign

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (07-07-2011), Dazzle (06-07-2011), parkerman (07-07-2011)

The whole thing makes me sick! I, for one, will not be buying these papers any more, that is the only way I can protest.

The S*n is already boycotted by Liverpool fans after what they said a few days after Hillsborough but it does look as though the general opinion of the public is for both to be boycotted especially after what came out this morning about them hacking the phones of the victim's family of the 7/7 bombings
    There is a line in this world that you do not cross and the news of the world are so far past that line that they can't even see it any more, it was shocking enough when it was celebrities but they were also targeting the puplic at the most upsetting and destressing times of their lives. Unbelievable. They've gone too far

LFC FOR LIFE YNWA JFT96

mS Brooks and Mr Coulslan must be held accountable for this disgusting act to sell newspapers. No body really cared when it was celebs but targetting families who have lost loved ones through such horror is unforgivable. Cameron won't bring them to justice because they are in Murdoch's back pocket, but they can't get away with this.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

The Royal British Legion has dropped the News of the World as its campaigning partner after allegations that the newspaper may have hacked into the phones of bereaved relatives of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Daily Telegraph yesterday claimed that the phone numbers of dead service personnel's relatives were found in the files of private investigator Glenn Mulcaire, who worked on behalf of the News of the World before being jailed for phone hacking.

This followed claims that the paper also hacked the phone of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler, as well as families of people who died in the 7/7 London bombings, among others.

Military charity the Royal British Legion expressed its "revulsion" at the latest phone hacking allegations against the embattled Sunday tabloid, and said that it has "suspended all relations with the newspaper pending a resolution of the allegations".

The Legion said that its advertising budget with News International, parent company to the News of the World, is also "under review". The charity currently takes advertising space in The Sun and The Sun's Forces Channel online to promote its welfare services for Armed Forces personnel and their families.

A spokesman said: "We can't with any conscience campaign alongside News of the World on behalf of Armed Forces families while it stands accused of preying on these same families in the lowest depths of their misery. The hacking allegations have shocked us to the core."

Previously, the legion has teamed up with the News of the World to campaign on Military Covenant issues, and it was preparing to launch another campaign with the paper to save the chief coroner's office from being abolished.

"Clearly, it would make a mockery of that campaign to go hand-in-hand with News of the World," the spokesman added. "We think we'll do better without them."

Kevin Hart, one of the Legion's lawyers who has worked closely with bereaved military families, said that he was "appalled that their private lives could have been invaded".

"The Royal British Legion does its utmost to provide assistance and comfort to these bereaved families, who deserve the nation's utmost gratitude and respect," he added. "To think anyone would exploit their grief is frankly sick-making."

Michele Price, another of the Legion's lawyers, said: "The Legion acts as their voice and their champion. I feel that my families would expect inhuman behaviour on a remote battlefield but not at the hands of Fleet Street."

The Legion added its voice to calls for a full judicial review into the phone hacking scandal, including "powers to call evidence and examine witnesses under oath".

Ford has already announced plans to pulls its advertising from News International due to the scandal, with a range of other companies also currently reviewing their options.

Lets all boycott The Sun and the News of the World. Only a small gesture but if lots of people get involved then it would hit them where it hurts. We could even decide not to post any stories or spoilers that appear in these two rags on this forum.

Would that include the posts copied from Digital Spy?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Would that include the posts copied from Digital Spy?
    Im game if you are. I know its only a small gesture but the more I think about this scum the angrier I become. When I think about how the parents of Milly Dowler must feel and now the relatives of dead servicemen there is only one course of action left open to Rebekkah and that is to accept responsibility for what happened and seek alternative employment

The news of the world has announced it will cease publication after this weekend's edition

more to follow....

LFC FOR LIFE YNWA JFT96

Thread Information