Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: This Heat...Rant

This Heat...Rant

...is killing me! It's so hot and muggy. I can feel my face sweating and I'm all sticky. It feels like this past week or so even in the room the whole atomosphere is a lot more warmer and muggy. I don't mind a bit of good weather but I hate it when it starts to affect the air indoors which is your only escape route. I cannot believe how muggy it actually is. I'm having to re-apply de-ordrant on the hour and even with the window open it still feels stuffy. I'm dying a death at the hands of the weather here! It's like a desert in this room honestly. I keep expecting to feel sand between my toes and turn round and see some kinda giant cactus looming. Oh my god, it's getting worse. And before anybody says maybe you've got too much clothes on, I haven't got any! I've taken them all off as a result of this unpleasant atmosphere. I'm glad I'm now back on in-def sick leave from work because I wouldn't be working in this heat one bit! I'm lazy as it is without having to work in these appalling conditions! Gimme rain anyday and I'll thank you for it! OMG this is just awful. I've never felt so horrendous. It's giving me an headache. God knows what it's going to be like when I turn in for bed in about half an hour. I'm going to have to leave the window wide open for starters otherwise I'll combust or something in my sleep. This is astonishing. I feel dreadful. It's so muggy and sticky...BAHHHHH I hate it!
    Last edited by Treacle; 20-06-2005 at 03:24.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I know exactly what you mean. I suffer really bad from hayfever and so far have only been taking homeopathic tablets, which don't appear to be doing much, so all of the windows are closed!!! My lovely hubby bought me an air conditioning unit yesterday though, but as soon as I turn it off, I am dripping, and I don't even want to think about my electric bill!!!!!! Can't sleep, can't breathe, can't see anything - not good combinations!!!!

i agree the thing is am not well i've got the flu so the heat has made me a hundred times worst i feel abit better today but am still burning up and that but over the weekend i felt awful i felt like i was going to collaspe

Yeah i agree with the weather most of the time we are deprived from warm weather and we get sick of the rain and we like why cant we have a bit of sun

But then we get stuck with this disgusting muggy heat we are not prepared for i like warm weather it nice but with a cool breeze not to the extent of not being able to sleep
    Last edited by angelbule; 20-06-2005 at 13:03.

It's the whole atomosphere indoors that I hate! I don't mind it outside as long as it's got a refreshing breeze but it gets so muggy indoors. I've had to leave about 5 windows open to let some fresh air in.

Come to scotland it's freezing up here

Quote Originally Posted by Walford Queen
    It's the whole atomosphere indoors that I hate! I don't mind it outside as long as it's got a refreshing breeze but it gets so muggy indoors. I've had to leave about 5 windows open to let some fresh air in.
    I'd like to be able to go outside!! Have just dropped of little 'un for pre-school, come home and had a massive hayfever attack, couldn't see, sneezing etc. Now sat indoors, air con unit going and still can't move.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum28
    I'd like to be able to go outside!! Have just dropped of little 'un for pre-school, come home and had a massive hayfever attack, couldn't see, sneezing etc. Now sat indoors, air con unit going and still can't move.
    Its a sign of dehydration. In hot weather you should be drinking plenty of water frequently. Try a big glass of water every 30 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRider
    Its a sign of dehydration. In hot weather you should be drinking plenty of water frequently. Try a big glass of water every 30 mins.
    So my addiction to a litre or more of orange juice won't help then? I'll give it a go - thanks.

lol i dont think you'll be too dehydrated if you keep the orange juice thing up.

Thread Information